BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low man Rostrum Pumps     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

low man Rostrum Pumps

curious just how few people others have taken; most of the runs I've been on have used 18-30 people (yeah.. 30 people.. there were alot of folks who wanted pumps that day). but I suspect it can be done with fewer.

I'm thinking 9-10 but I'm concerned about the spawns adding up too fast.

curious since despite doing the fight multiple times, I've never gotten my own pair; so I'm trying to figure out how many people I need to track down before it'd be feasible.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Re: low man Rostrum Pumps

Depends on what jobs present, and how you fight it. Just have a NIN melee the Feeler until it spawns an add, then turn away. Be very careful not to feed it anymore TP. If you have a BST present, they're great for taking care of additional Tracker pops.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'd say at minimum you'd need 2 NIN (one for Feeler, one for summons), a WHM, BRD and a few BLM to burn down Feeler after Alastor pops. Melees could do that if they save TP on Executioners and just WS Feeler when Alastor comes around, except that they'd need to bring eye drops to deal with the Sandblast just before Alastor pops. 12 people should be comfortable if they're good players.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Valyana
    I'd say at minimum you'd need 2 NIN (one for Feeler, one for summons), a WHM, BRD and a few BLM to burn down Feeler after Alastor pops. Melees could do that if they save TP on Executioners and just WS Feeler when Alastor comes around, except that they'd need to bring eye drops to deal with the Sandblast just before Alastor pops. 12 people should be comfortable if they're good players.
    yeah, pretty much why I'm asking is so I can take *just* good players, do fewer pumps and not have to deal with 6 or 8 random scrubs who saw the shout in whitegate and are anxious to use up the [edit]traps they bought the other week cause they just hit 75 and r.pumps are so sexy omg!

12 sounds like a good working number; is there some subtlety I'm missing about the feeler that prevents pld/nin from being used? (every time I've done it we were using nin tanks - and that's what I always see suggested)

edited because I'm an idiot

NIN would just give Feeler TP slightly faster than a PLD/NIN when you're trying to pop out the next Executioner/Alastor. That's all I can think of.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

even with all the subtle blow most ninjas end up with? (25 native + misc. gear like rajas) faster tp is a good point though.

To be honest I'd expect you could tank Feeler with most jobs, hell toss a rdm/nin at it for resist petrify :D

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    To be honest I'd expect you could tank Feeler with most jobs, hell toss a rdm/nin at it for resist petrify :D
    We've had a Thf do it.