+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    After reading this forum a bit in the last few days, I was surprised to see no topics about Tales of Symphonia D: I've been playing RPGs since the tender age of 5, and I gotta say -- This one tops my list. From its rather memorable characters (Of whom, all had a fully fleshed out and rather solid backstory), to the perfect battle system, and ending with its surprisingly fresh and unique story, I just don't think you get more bang for your RPGing buck.

    Just trying to gauge whether or not I'm the only human being who thinks so

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I own it and thought it was great. Only game that has ever topped it was Tales of Eternia.

  3. #3
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,522
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I love it, despite my hate for the summon system. I'd rather play TOP on my SNES though.

  4. #4
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I love it, despite my hate for the summon system. I'd rather play TOP on my SNES though.
    Yeah, the summon system was rather lame. However, it's my only complaint with the entire game, apart from the freakish ease of the final boss battles.

  5. #5

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    One of the few reasons why I actually bought a GC that now collects dust.

  6. #6
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,649
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I liked it, but it would have been so much better if whatshername could have summoned freely...

    Ninja Summoner ftw! <.<

    (I want to say Sheena but everytime I say Sheena now I think of Sheena from Suiko so it really throws me off...)

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I played the game 4 player with friends. Didn't really enjoy it when I wasn't playing it when them... didn't really like any of the characters except Zelos.

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I got through about 5 hours of the game and then promptly went and traded it in for Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne, that's the only fond memory of that game, it sucked so much that it brought me to SMT lol. The story seemed ok, I just had issues dealing with the battle system. I had also just come off of playing Star Ocean 3 so maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. End result, I didn't like the game.

  9. #9
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf
    I got through about 5 hours of the game and then promptly went and traded it in for Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne, that's the only fond memory of that game, it sucked so much that it brought me to SMT lol. The story seemed ok, I just had issues dealing with the battle system. I had also just come off of playing Star Ocean 3 so maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. End result, I didn't like the game.
    The only reason I can really understand to not like it is if you dislike the combat system. At first I didn't like it, then I got really into it -- I now hail it as my favorite combat system that I've ever played. The story seems kinda generic until halfway through the first disk, then you get a dozen monkey wrenches thrown at once, and it really breaks through there.

  10. #10

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Yea I hated it. I still have the disc, I should use it as a projectile weapon.

  11. #11
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Yea I hated it. I still have the disc, I should use it as a projectile weapon.
    Note to self: Hurt Aurik

  12. #12
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,851
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I liked the game a lot but I could never get myself to finish the game.

    Edited for accuracy I just checked where I last was on it

  13. #13
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I liked it alot, it's the only game I have ever beaten without owning the console it's on.

  14. #14
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    329
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Symphonia was alright. The nobody kid who grows up to save the world is sooo played out that I lost interest after the first disc. The Tales series is awesome and the name is why i bought this game. Tales of Destiny was my favorite. Magical talking swords? Badass.

  15. #15
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,939
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>

  16. #16
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xajii
    I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>
    That fight is easy....

  17. #17
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Xajii
    I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>
    That fight is easy....
    I had some trouble in that fight when I tried to play as Lloyd. As soon as I played Regal in that fight, it was basically gg. Combo locking ftw

  18. #18
    Xavier
    Guest

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    You can have more than one player for combat?

    I got the game back when it came out, played about halfway through, and just didn't have time to finish and never picked it back up. They announced the indirect sequel for the Wii, so maybe I'll go back and play it with Nikkei 2-player closer to the new ones release. I liked the game well enough.

  19. #19
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Xajii
    I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>
    That fight is easy....
    I had some trouble in that fight when I tried to play as Lloyd. As soon as I played Regal in that fight, it was basically gg. Combo locking ftw
    Ahh, I controlled Zelos for that fight. Roomate controlled Presea and another friend controlled Raine if I remember correctly.

  20. #20
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,342
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

    I have had this for ages but never really got into it so I restarted a few days ago and I am really into it now, its sooooooooooo good and alot of turns in the story that you don't see coming.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag