+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

After reading this forum a bit in the last few days, I was surprised to see no topics about Tales of Symphonia D: I've been playing RPGs since the tender age of 5, and I gotta say -- This one tops my list. From its rather memorable characters (Of whom, all had a fully fleshed out and rather solid backstory), to the perfect battle system, and ending with its surprisingly fresh and unique story, I just don't think you get more bang for your RPGing buck.

Just trying to gauge whether or not I'm the only human being who thinks so

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Am I the only one who adores Tales of Symphonia?

I own it and thought it was great. Only game that has ever topped it was Tales of Eternia.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I love it, despite my hate for the summon system. I'd rather play TOP on my SNES though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I love it, despite my hate for the summon system. I'd rather play TOP on my SNES though.
    Yeah, the summon system was rather lame. However, it's my only complaint with the entire game, apart from the freakish ease of the final boss battles.

One of the few reasons why I actually bought a GC that now collects dust.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I liked it, but it would have been so much better if whatshername could have summoned freely...

Ninja Summoner ftw! <.<

(I want to say Sheena but everytime I say Sheena now I think of Sheena from Suiko so it really throws me off...)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I played the game 4 player with friends. Didn't really enjoy it when I wasn't playing it when them... didn't really like any of the characters except Zelos.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I got through about 5 hours of the game and then promptly went and traded it in for Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne, that's the only fond memory of that game, it sucked so much that it brought me to SMT lol. The story seemed ok, I just had issues dealing with the battle system. I had also just come off of playing Star Ocean 3 so maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. End result, I didn't like the game.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf
    I got through about 5 hours of the game and then promptly went and traded it in for Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne, that's the only fond memory of that game, it sucked so much that it brought me to SMT lol. The story seemed ok, I just had issues dealing with the battle system. I had also just come off of playing Star Ocean 3 so maybe that had something to do with it, who knows. End result, I didn't like the game.
    The only reason I can really understand to not like it is if you dislike the combat system. At first I didn't like it, then I got really into it -- I now hail it as my favorite combat system that I've ever played. The story seems kinda generic until halfway through the first disk, then you get a dozen monkey wrenches thrown at once, and it really breaks through there.

Yea I hated it. I still have the disc, I should use it as a projectile weapon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Yea I hated it. I still have the disc, I should use it as a projectile weapon.
    Note to self: Hurt Aurik

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I liked the game a lot but I could never get myself to finish the game.

Edited for accuracy I just checked where I last was on it

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I liked it alot, it's the only game I have ever beaten without owning the console it's on.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Symphonia was alright. The nobody kid who grows up to save the world is sooo played out that I lost interest after the first disc. The Tales series is awesome and the name is why i bought this game. Tales of Destiny was my favorite. Magical talking swords? Badass.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii
    I love this game. I'm still trying to beat the 3v3 battle in the colosseum against the other Tales characters >.>
    That fight is easy....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    That fight is easy....
    I had some trouble in that fight when I tried to play as Lloyd. As soon as I played Regal in that fight, it was basically gg. Combo locking ftw

Xavier

You can have more than one player for combat?

I got the game back when it came out, played about halfway through, and just didn't have time to finish and never picked it back up. They announced the indirect sequel for the Wii, so maybe I'll go back and play it with Nikkei 2-player closer to the new ones release. I liked the game well enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    That fight is easy....
    I had some trouble in that fight when I tried to play as Lloyd. As soon as I played Regal in that fight, it was basically gg. Combo locking ftw
    Ahh, I controlled Zelos for that fight. Roomate controlled Presea and another friend controlled Raine if I remember correctly.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have had this for ages but never really got into it so I restarted a few days ago and I am really into it now, its sooooooooooo good and alot of turns in the story that you don't see coming.