Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Siren Drama - Gotta Love It

Hi everyone,

I read these forums quite often and have enjoyed the discussion (and the drama threads, some are entertaining).

Well, I thought it was my time to contribute.

There is an HNM LS on Siren called Santeria. I was told by a RL friend that some drama went down and 3/4 of the members left because the leader expected perfection from the members. No mistakes could be made or he would rip a new asshole. One of the subleaders supposedly wrote a PM to the leader telling him that members felt unjustly yelled at or spoken harshly to because of simple mistakes or asking questions.

I wanted to visit their website and it appears it has been hacked into. I took a screenshot for you to enjoy:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/655/web1yb0.png

Well, their website is held by the cjb.net server (their real site is http://www.santerials.cjb.net, but redirects to http://www.ffxisanteria.com), so I wanted to send an e-mail to the owner informing them that their website is down. It has to be hacked... because look at their e-mail address.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5955/web2xq4.png

I hope to get a copy of that PM the subleader sent to the leader in a couple hours...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Siren Drama - Gotta Love It

i see where this is going and it isnt very far

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

New Merits
    BG Level

Needs more... I don't know... maybe a pinch of relic dropping and a splash of MPK battle.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wait for It....

Nope, I gotta feeling the drama Isn't going anywhere

Honestly the worst siren drama ever.

terraflarex

Quote Originally Posted by Admo
    Needs more... I don't know... maybe a pinch of relic dropping and a splash of MPK battle.
    Can't all be like remora drama now Aadmo...

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex
    Quote Originally Posted by Admo
    Can't all be like remora drama now Aadmo...
    I know I know... but it needs more epicness to get one of these threads going.

So when does the derailing start?

Are you fucking kidding me? This is the best drama Siren has to offer these days?

I was told by a RL friend that some drama went down and 3/4 of the members left because the leader expected perfection from the members. No mistakes could be made or he would rip a new asshole.
    You're about 3-4 years too late on this one. Already done and and still executed by Edarion of TMO. Does this leader run around in circles in FFXI when ls members make a mistake to relieve stress and anger? Considering TMO is still around on Siren ppl like their verbal abuse. Your drama is about 75% of a ls that had brians and didn't want to take that shit? How fucking dare they! What assholes for wanting to be treated with respect!

I wanted to visit their website and it appears it has been hacked into.
    So their site was taken down. How is this drama? There's better 'forums were taken down' drama than this that have happened recently on Siren. You're not listening carefully enough.

You're attempt at 'drama' is horrible. Go back to http://www.sirenffxi.com .

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

how do you know the owner of the web space didn't say to hell with it?

The Drama is weak with this one.

Old Merits
    BG Level

epic fail

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, people don't seem to care, but I did say I was going to post the PM, so I figured i should:

I wanted to share some opinions I had with you. I want you to understand the severity of the topics I am going to discuss. I wished to discuss this with you last night, but when you said you needed to crash I felt it wasn’t the right time.

Over the last few weeks you have seemed on edge. I know you hate it when people say that “Leafar is simply crabby tonight. He must have had a bad day at work”. But you really have changed over the last few weeks. And unfortunately members have noticed this change as well.

Over the past few weeks several members have come to me with concerns about you. I think they were worried about you at first, but by the time they came to me they were afraid to talk to you. You have been so harsh when people have made mistakes lately, and it’s starting to take it’s toll on the LS. I understand that you expect perfection, but its so unrealistic.

A good example of this was last week during Limbus. You would not tell me which limbus we were doing earlier in the week for me to prepare. You would not even tell me before we did the Limbus which one we were doing. You told us when we were standing in front of the portal. You expected me to lead people in a Limbus I had never done before without giving me information prior to the event. I feel as if you set us up for failure in the run. By not telling us what to expect before hand, it made the rest of the LS members look at us and wonder if we were capable of leading. It also makes the LS believe that only you are capable of leading events.

Unfortunately, this has always been the way it seems. During your “vacation” you came on and made me feel like I was incapable of leading the LS without your help. You logged on to other characters and sent me /tells when I wasn't doing things the way you wanted them done. Leaders are supposed to allow their sub-leaders to grow and be able to lead things on their own. A good executive will always train their middle-management to take their place. They should never feel insecure about possibly losing their job.

Also, a good manager is one who has an open door policy. Members have told me they are afraid to tell you how they feel because you will simply shove them to the curb. Either that, or you will say, “too bad, that’s just how it is”. Members don’t want to hear this. Members want to feel that they can talk to their leader anytime about anything no matter if it’s a criticism on a strategy or how their day was. If I were to ever make a suggestion on your strategy… well I never would because I would not want to start something.

Last week, after you booted our main paladin over a joke, a lot of members including myself wanted to leave. However, because of the group, and not because of you, a lot of members convinced other members to stay.

Why do I go into all of this? Because I care about this linkshell. I care about you as a person. I worked in a company for 6 years. I loved that organization to death and tried so hard to correct the corruption in the company. I held meetings with the managers (since I was a leader myself) and asked them to change policies. I asked them to change the way they treat the employees. Employees came to me repeatedly and told me how upset they were. I brought this to management and they simply wanted to know who said what. I refused to reveal that information, because the important part was that employees were unhappy. They didn’t care. They simply wanted to discipline.

So, what are you going to do? Are you going to follow the same mistakes as the leadership of the company? Because, it’s sad that it is so similar. However, I know who you are as an individual as far as these things go. You never think you are wrong, ever. “You are always right.” “You are the best” as you put it. But, you can’t be that way when others think you are an ass. An ass that doesn’t need to be an ass all the way. Yes, someone needs to be a jerk in leadership. Someone has to be the bad cop. But you make the bad cop look like Hitler, and that’s unnecessary.

I am interested in reading your response. Please let me know how you feel about this and thank you for taking the time to read.

Highest Regards,
    Also, the website was not taken down by the leader, or why would the e-mail of the admin be changed to "[email protected]"?

Cliffnotes:

- Leader kicked main PLD over a joke
    - Leader sets other ppl up for failure by not telling ppl what they are doing so no strategies could be researched before the event.
    - Leader sends tells to other ppl telling them they are doing it wrong because he does it differently
    - Leader's opinion > everyone else's
    - After all this and other things not told the person in the PM accepts the fact that ls leaders need to be assholes/jerks and signs the PM with "Highest Regards"

There's criticism then there's verbal abuse. This person obviously can't tell the difference between the two. I did lol at the end of the PM still giving respect to someone that sets him up for failure, belittles him, and probably more. There's no drama from ppl being called down to the lowest, only stupidity from accepting it and not standing up for yourself.

I moved from Siren to Ramuh. Things are done differently here in some HNM battles. This doesn't mean they are doing it wrong compared to my old ls/server. It means they have developed different strategies that works for them to tackle certain HNMs. If SE wanted only 1 job to be able to do 1 function then would be 1 tank class, 1 healing class, 1 refresher class etc. Not having an open mind to other people ideas and suggestions can set a group up for failure. Much like staying in a ls with a leader like this.

I almost dread seeing anything with "Siren Drama" on these forums anymore, yet I keep clicking on them. Shame on me for thinking one of them might be good

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    Cliffnotes:

- Leader kicked main PLD over a joke
    - Leader sets other ppl up for failure by not telling ppl what they are doing so no strategies could be researched before the event.
    - Leader sends tells to other ppl telling them they are doing it wrong because he does it differently
    - Leader's opinion > everyone else's
    - After all this and other things not told the person in the PM accepts the fact that ls leaders need to be assholes/jerks and signs the PM with "Highest Regards"

There's criticism then there's verbal abuse. This person obviously can't tell the difference between the two. I did lol at the end of the PM still giving respect to someone that sets him up for failure, belittles him, and probably more. There's no drama from ppl being called down to the lowest, only stupidity from accepting it and not standing up for yourself.

I moved from Siren to Ramuh. Things are done differently here in some HNM battles. This doesn't mean they are doing it wrong compared to my old ls/server. It means they have developed different strategies that works for them to tackle certain HNMs. If SE wanted only 1 job to be able to do 1 function then would be 1 tank class, 1 healing class, 1 refresher class etc. Not having an open mind to other people ideas and suggestions can set a group up for failure. Much like staying in a ls with a leader like this.
    I'm pretty sure the sub-leader stood up for himself by sending this and causing an uproar. If he didn't stand up for himself (and for others)... then the LS would still be together from what I understand.

Haha... that fafnir drop pool SS is awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So the other day I called this guy a noob on Fenrir, and he's like stfu, fag

So we ballista'd and I fucking owned him

now that's drama

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

This doesn't even come close to real Siren drama. Trust me, I've seen my fair share of it whether I was a part of it (TMO) or not.

That said, what servers don't have drama?

Not to mention this drama thread lacks a rap. Thumbs down.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

lawl. I don't know where you guys find these pictures... like the fail boat, or the necro thread picture, they all make me laugh every time I see them. ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast