+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Potential cure for HIV discovered

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070628/hl ... UPh6Ba24cA

I know a cure of AIDS too. Stop fucking people that have it. Still no cure for cancer ;_;

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: Potential cure for HIV discovered

Sounds pretty promising, neat.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Got distracted by this ad:
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y25...whatgender.jpg

What gender is that.

Xavier

Breakthrough like this would be huge, its what the world has been waiting for. Really hope this leads somewhere.

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

What gender is that.
    Omg, I think it's William Sledd. http://williamsledd.com/

GOVERNMENT IS GONNA DESTROY THIS!

Edit: No, wait. This is gonna mutate AIDS into a RAGE/ZOMBIE VIRUS AND WE'LL ALL GET TO SHOOT CELEBRITY LOOKALIKE ZOMBIES ON THE ROOF OF A MALL OR KILL RAPIST MILITARY SOLDIERS! ^O^

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    GOVERNMENT IS GONNA DESTROY THIS!

Edit: No, wait. This is gonna mutate AIDS into a RAGE/ZOMBIE VIRUS AND WE'LL ALL GET TO SHOOT CELEBRITY LOOKALIKE ZOMBIES ON THE ROOF OF A MALL OR KILL RAPIST MILITARY SOLDIERS! ^O^
    See, and now I feel justified in having a zombie contingency plan.

I have a zombie guide book. I'm fucking set. Gonna shave my head all rugged like, whip up a nice british accent and I'll be dandy.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070628/hl ... UPh6Ba24cA

I know a cure of AIDS too. Stop fucking people that have it. Still no cure for cancer ;_;
    Although, if you are going to fuck people with AIDS - I know a way to cut your risk of infection in half...

...(yes this is just to piss Pririan off)...

...circumcision!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The most recent data indicate that circumcision is correlated with a 50-60% reduction in risk of HIV transmission (from female to male) during heterosexual intercourse.[100] The results of the first randomised controlled trial were published in November 2005. It found a 60% reduction in the rate of new HIV infection (from 2.1 per 100 to 0.85 per 100 in the intervention group. The authors said, “Male circumcision provides a degree of protection against acquiring HIV infection, equivalent to what a vaccine of high efficacy would have achieved. Male circumcision may provide an important way of reducing the spread of HIV infection in sub-Saharan Africa.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I hear gays make AIDS.... *Narrows eyes*

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have a zombie guide book. I'm fucking set. Gonna shave my head all rugged like, whip up a nice british accent and I'll be dandy.
    I've been thinking about picking up the zombie survival guide, just because I've heard it's such an interesting read. As nonsensical as it may sound, I actually am a little scared of the concept of a zombie incident. It's more to do with epidemic-level deadly sickness and less to do with actual fear of reanimated corpses, though. I also had a dream about a zombie attack the day before yesterday, too. Very scary.

More on topic, curing HIV/AIDS would be such a huge step in medicine. I'm glad it's being researched and developed outside the US. As sad as this may sound, that makes me feel more hopeful that it won't be abused for money or power if it is developed into a safe-for-humans drug. I feel more confident that such a drug would make it to a place like Africa, that desperately needs it but probably can't afford the price tag that Pfizer would slap on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ivve

More on topic, curing HIV/AIDS would be such a huge step in medicine. I'm glad it's being researched and developed outside the US. As sad as this may sound, that makes me feel more hopeful that it won't be abused for money or power if it is developed into a safe-for-humans drug. I feel more confident that such a drug would make it to a place like Africa, that desperately needs it but probably can't afford the price tag that Pfizer would slap on it.

Those are my feelings as well. Not to mention there are fewer restrictions I believe since they don't have Southern Baptists to deal with. Also, where do you find this zombie handbook? I kind of want to read it now.

I got mine in some weird chick store at the mall while being dragged along against my will by my girlfriend. It's fun to read though, worth getting I think. :3

Edit: Translation of above: I don't know, but if you've got a Barnes & Noble or something, they'd probably have it.

I've been thinking about picking up the zombie survival guide, just because I've heard it's such an interesting read. As nonsensical as it may sound, I actually am a little scared of the concept of a zombie incident. It's more to do with epidemic-level deadly sickness and less to do with actual fear of reanimated corpses, though. I also had a dream about a zombie attack the day before yesterday, too. Very scary.

Whatever treatments arise will still probably be produced in correlation with a big drug company. Finding a way to deliver the enzyme along with making sure it doesn't have any biological side-effects still means several more years of research that would be much better funded by a corporation than just the academic institution itself.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    Also, where do you find this zombie handbook? I kind of want to read it now.
    Zombie Survival Guide

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

What gender is that.
    Omg, I think it's William Sledd. http://williamsledd.com/
    What the holycrap up

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Although, if you are going to fuck people with AIDS - I know a way to cut your risk of infection in half...

...(yes this is just to piss Pririan off)...

...circumcision!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The most recent data indicate that circumcision is correlated with a 50-60% reduction in risk of HIV transmission (from female to male) during heterosexual intercourse.[100] The results of the first randomised controlled trial were published in November 2005. It found a 60% reduction in the rate of new HIV infection (from 2.1 per 100 to 0.85 per 100 in the intervention group. The authors said, “Male circumcision provides a degree of protection against acquiring HIV infection, equivalent to what a vaccine of high efficacy would have achieved. Male circumcision may provide an important way of reducing the spread of HIV infection in sub-Saharan Africa.
    you know what divides your risk of getting HIV by 0? wearing a fucking condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane

*snip*

Male circumcision may provide an important way of reducing the spread of HIV infection in sub-Saharan Africa.
    you know what divides your risk of getting HIV by 0? wearing a fucking condom.[/quote]

Because as we know, condoms are easy to come by in sub-Saharan Africa. Although if condoms really did divide it by that, we'd have sucked all the AIDS virii into a black hole by now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    you know what divides your risk of getting HIV by 0? wearing a fucking condom.

You cant divide by zero! That's madness!

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com...de_by_zero.gif

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Because as we know, condoms are easy to come by in sub-Saharan Africa.
    Because as we know, convincing people in sub-saharan africa of anything much less convincing them to let us cut off part of their dicks is really, really easy.

And fuck, in the end it'd probably just be cheaper and more effective to give them the condoms.