Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Changing names WITHOUT switching server

So due to some shitty circumstances i lost my char name, Has anyone here used the content ID trick to change their name? If so could you detail exactly how you did this? I do have a mule on a friends acct with the new name i want (which is actually the old name) and i did cancel my contents before the end of the month so they are now inactive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also, without deleting your char cuz ive had it restored before thanks!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Changing names WITHOUT switching server

Never done it, but I know it can be done on the same server. However, I believe you have to use your char restoration life.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes it is possible, one of my friends did it last week. He deleted his original character, made a mule with his original name, then called SE to restore his deleted character. Then when you log in or w/e it tells you that you have to change to a new name because what you had is now taken.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

and he asked without deleting, so your post was worthless.

Prior to the service transfer, a player in my linkshell who wanted to change name started to ask other players not in the same linkshell to report his name as offensive and call GM/convince the GM that the name was in fact offensive, so he would be told to pick a new name.

He eventually gave up trying (without success) but the theory is sound, since another person in my Dynamis shell was told to pick a new name since his original one, which he'd had for years, was suddenly reported to GM's as being offensive. (the original name being Gooch)

If your name isn't offensive... well, is getting your original name back worth $50 and 90 days of your life?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Skeetaru may be offensive.. skeet skeet mother fucka.

I am actually trying to get BACK to Skeetaru, and to the person 2 posts prior - yes 50 dollars and 90 days is surely worth getting my name back. Anyone have a good server to pass a few months on?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru
    So due to some shitty circumstances i lost my char name
    what happened?

Deleted, had a change of heart and when i came back an LS member had taken the name for a mule and didnt tell me because he "thought it would be funny" then another LS member told me what happened after i had already changed my name.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Aihree
    Prior to the service transfer, a player in my linkshell who wanted to change name started to ask other players not in the same linkshell to report his name as offensive and call GM/convince the GM that the name was in fact offensive, so he would be told to pick a new name.

He eventually gave up trying (without success) but the theory is sound, since another person in my Dynamis shell was told to pick a new name since his original one, which he'd had for years, was suddenly reported to GM's as being offensive. (the original name being Gooch)

If your name isn't offensive... well, is getting your original name back worth $50 and 90 days of your life?
    I tried this once. Apparently the GM didn't think Headspace was a sexual term for a vagina that was so big that someone could fit their head in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    Quote Originally Posted by Aihree

I tried this once. Apparently the GM didn't think Headspace was a sexual term for a vagina that was so big that someone could fit their head in.
    You should have told him about your other head.