Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dynamis Beaucedine - Goblin Pull Question

As seen here:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/images/...B_DGlacier.jpg

This is the first Goblin time extention thats just up the ramp and to the left. The three dots just north east of Dagormarche in G-9. The first statue you pull, the mobs have funky pathing to purposefully aggro the other statues. We tried pulling one of the back statues last run but its pathing did the same deal to aggro everything. Does anyone know of any way to pull this without the linking of the other statues?

My two ideas are:

- Pop the first statue and have a voker for each mob. Perhaps if they are claimed right away they won't follow the funky pathing?

or

- Pop the first statue and sleep all the mobs on the spot. Kill them where they stand and hope someone in alliance doesn't aggro other statues.

I know this sounds like a silly question because its not a huge pull but we sometimes go into the run with 12-14 people and we always seem to have 1-2 people die on this pull. So while we get through this without too much trouble, i'm just looking for ways to make it easier on the smaller group and avoid any death/exp loss on members.

So does anyone know the answer or have additional ideas to try out?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Dynamis Beaucedine - Goblin Pull Question

We pull the closer one on the right, then the back one (take a blm back there to solo the statue) can be pulled out and around, then the NM one, iirc.

All youhave to do is have your puller wait a moment until the mobs + stone is gathered around you before taking off back to camp. A couple mobs back there are casters so need to give them some time. Unless they changed things recently that's worked for us everytime so far. Can do both back stones this way

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by jdm1536
    All youhave to do is have your puller wait a moment until the mobs + stone is gathered around you before taking off back to camp. A couple mobs back there are casters so need to give them some time. Unless they changed things recently that's worked for us everytime so far. Can do both back stones this way
    So basically the puller can run up, aggro the statue and just stand there. Instead of the odd pathing, the mobs will just attack the puller and after they start attacking you can run back to camp without issue? (aggroing other statues)

yeah exactly that, there's tons of room on either side of the front stone to bring them all around it. just make sure your puller is watching where there going

actually should pull them with ranged attack you need to get them over to the cliff there, and the other side can just hug the wall i think those are RNG's though or something need to watch those more carefully. or just do them like you do the others would work too

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by jdm1536
    yeah exactly that, there's tons of room on either side of the front stone to bring them all around it. just make sure your puller is watching where there going

actually should pull them with ranged attack you need to get them over to the cliff there, and the other side can just hug the wall i think those are RNG's though or something need to watch those more carefully. or just do them like you do the others would work too
    Thanks, this will give me some room to play with and come up with something that works best for us.

Anyone have any other tidbits of advice? like the "Oh don't for get this" or "If you do back one watch out for.." type of thing?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

When going up the ramp, go to the wall, and just hug it all the way down left, doing this, you can sneak by everything, passed the statues into a little safe area, From there we pull and clear the gob stats one at a time. Works every time with 0 risk of link (Unless some moron cant hug the wall properly, but it should be really easy, we never have problems)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The back one closest to the cliff is RDM and RNG I believe. I just pull to the cliff from the side, wait for the RNG to get as close as he's gonna get to me, and the RDM to start running close to me, then I inch up about a ranger's worth so the RNG inches more towards the cliff, then after recasting shadows I'll head down to the group without issue. I pull the other back one the same way if I have time but usually the mobs I just pulled are dead by the time I get back up here anyway so I just pull the whole thing. I start this pull when they are fighting the last 3-4 Yagudos down below so I get there when they are finished.

that would imply that you still pulled or went to dynamis wiz . In all honesty, the pull itself isn't hard, its the order you kill it in, and where your camp is.

If your camp is on the yagudo section, the pull is simply easier to do because your blms wont have statues being hit by sleepgas.

Its only 7? mobs i do believe, with 3 statues. Reason its hard is A. the 1 bst(with jelly mob) B. the Mnk nm

Learning to deal with that combination on a pull will make your ls stronger imo, as they will learn how to sleep the mobs better. When we have jelly's, usually one of our rdm's single out 1 slime, and babysits it, so if he does get off his paralyzega, its only gonna be on the rdm. Similiar tactic is usually done with mnks. When im pulling as rdm/nin, i will solo half the HP of most statues simply due to bio2/poison2 before they even get to the group, along with sleep/nuke mnks until they 2hr.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Could just have ur blms time nuke it and the other mobs won't aggro when the stat dies.

unless it was said already, hug the wall on the right and camp/pull from the tiny little area behind them.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Can also have a blm ES sleep a bunch of goblin, then run away from statue (assuming he hit them) and logout. If done correctly, they wont follow and will unaggro

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

This is the first Goblin time extention thats just up the ramp and to the left. The three dots just north east of Dagormarche in G-9. The first statue you pull, the mobs have funky pathing to purposefully aggro the other statues. We tried pulling one of the back statues last run but its pathing did the same deal to aggro everything. Does anyone know of any way to pull this without the linking of the other statues?
    I pull the back two statues first without the fron ones linking just fine. If you want to "control" their pathing, don't run away as soon as you pull. Let them follow you closer.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We just always hug the left wall and start with the southern most statue first (don't remember the mobs but one of them is a SAM). Then we continue along the wall and grab the statue that is furthest west (Alchemist and Armorer I think). From there, move east and grab the last statue with the BST and NM.

yep, hug the wall and camp behind them, u can pull them one by one w/o link~ been doing like this for a few runs, no link every time~

New Merits
    BG Level

We normally do the Glacier with about 15. So we generally sac when we can. All we do is aggro the front gobbie statue and train it down the west and back towards the entrance. With everyone on the east side of the ramp. BLM's run up and kill the rock as it starts coming along.

1 Flee is more then enough to train them far enough. Then we just tuck back around and continue east.

You can actually get close to 45 minutes there. You can actually snipe a Quadav statue from up top by the Yagudo SMN NM. One good Time nuke and the statue below is easily gotten for a free 15minutes.

probably a stupid question, but i'm unclear which wall you're following. is it the cliffside with the eyes above you or the cliffside with the ramp below you? i'm guessing you're saying to camp at the southernmost point and pull from there. my LS generally just burns out the statue with a clock nuke resulting in a dead statue with no adds. clean, easy, no mess, but easy pulls are nice too.

Black Belt
    BG Level

camp directly North of where the Dagormarche dot is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    probably a stupid question, but i'm unclear which wall you're following. is it the cliffside with the eyes above you or the cliffside with the ramp below you? i'm guessing you're saying to camp at the southernmost point and pull from there. my LS generally just burns out the statue with a clock nuke resulting in a dead statue with no adds. clean, easy, no mess, but easy pulls are nice too.
    cliffside with the eyes above~

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Like others have said, pull from behind. According to the map, you'd be hugging the red (north) wall in order to get to camp.