Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone who has redone AF multiple times please help

Inventory finally starting to catch up on me with 5 75s. My situation is this: For SMN RDM and BLM AFs, I have +1d 2/5 of each from limbis. The goal is to get the 3 sets stored, and have the +1s in MH. So what I did first.. was reset SMN AF. I redid the Staff and Legs Quest, and opened the coffer for the Feet. So now I have all 5 normal AF, and I want to move onto the next. I accidently activated the SMN horn quest.. so I figure ill have to redo it to cuz ive read you cant reset another with a quest active. But do I toss the horn then do the quest? Do I need to do the hands/darkspark thing to? (havent activated this yet) Gonna have to do this process a few time(BLM RDM AF) any help be appreciated on best thing to do here.

Re: Anyone who has redone AF multiple times please help

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero
    Inventory finally starting to catch up on me with 5 75s. My situation is this: For SMN RDM and BLM AFs, I have +1d 2/5 of each from limbis. The goal is to get the 3 sets stored, and have the +1s in MH. So what I did first.. was reset SMN AF. I redid the Staff and Legs Quest, and opened the coffer for the Feet. So now I have all 5 normal AF, and I want to move onto the next. I accidently activated the SMN horn quest.. so I figure ill have to redo it to cuz ive read you cant reset another with a quest active. But do I toss the horn then do the quest? Do I need to do the hands/darkspark thing to? (havent activated this yet) Gonna have to do this process a few time(BLM RDM AF) any help be appreciated on best thing to do here.
    You say you've read you can't. Go try it, and if it doesn't work, then yes, do the quest.

Or you could just save a lot of time and not bother doing those quests over again, because let's face it; helping people with 60cap isn't fun at all, and you can get by with being naked as a mage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can't reset the AF quests until the series is finished. The weapon, the first piece's quest, the hands quest, and the last piece's quest. Whether you need to get the two in the coffer or not to reset it first, I'm not sure.

I need to redo the SMN Horn quest before I could redo them again for the legs +1. But I don't have either item, nor the coins for it, so it's not high priority. I'm kind of tempted to try and solo the Horn BCNM just to see if I can though. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    You say you've read you can't. Go try it, and if it doesn't work, then yes, do the quest.

Or you could just save a lot of time and not bother doing those quests over again, because let's face it; helping people with 60cap isn't fun at all, and you can get by with being naked as a mage.
    Yes, it would be easiest just to go to Lower Jeuno and see if the guy gives the option of resetting the particular AF quest. I'm not aware of any capped AF quests though I haven't done them all.

Well I just dont know if I should toss the Horn before I do the quest, or do the quest and see what happen when it trys to give me another horn.. I wanna try and reset without doing the hands quest again.. and especialy the otyher 2 coffer AFs

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

I believe you can reset another job's AF after only doing the quests, however once you erase memories of a job's AF, you'd need to completely finish every piece if you want to want to erase that job's AF memories again for whatever reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well I just dont know if I should toss the Horn before I do the quest, or do the quest and see what happen when it trys to give me another horn.. I wanna try and reset without doing the hands quest again.. and especialy the otyher 2 coffer AFs
    If you have a piece of AF that's a quest reward in your possession (having a full set in storage doesn't count), then it just says to try sorting your inventory and makes you watch the CS again to get the piece. I'm not sure what happens if you try that with a coffer though.

Ok so you say you can store the AF i got now, then do the quests and toss the AF rewarded after, then resest next job. Ahhh so much work and pretty confusing, I just want a clean inventory ya know, and I want to be able to use 60 cap gear whenever. All the help on this situation muchly appreciated

wanting to do 60cap stuff that actually requires gear means your friends are gimp

find new friends

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What exactly do you want to do now? By "next" do you mean another piece of SMN af, or another job? I'm guessing the latter. I reset my WHM AF quests today while I had the WAR AF3 quest open, wasn't a problem. I don't think there's any dependency between jobs.

I long ago reset my BRD AF quests, redid AF1-3 and legs coffer, upgraded Body, Legs, Hands. I've had the two upgrade items rotting in Storage for a while and am thinking about upgrading the lolslippers for lolDEXbuild for lolDDbrd, but I already tossed and requested the slippers so I could request the body, and the guy won't let me reset BRD AF again, I guess because I haven't redone hat coffer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    If you have a piece of AF that's a quest reward in your possession (having a full set in storage doesn't count), then it just says to try sorting your inventory and makes you watch the CS again to get the piece. I'm not sure what happens if you try that with a coffer though.
    It will prevent you from opening the coffer until you toss the item that it'd duplicate. From experience.

Working on the last 2 smn quests now, I was really just looking for peoples past experciences with this. Its just a perfection thing, wanting the 60 cap sets stored. Gonna try and skip doin the body coffer AF, then moving on to RDM AF again hopefully.

Black Belt
    BG Level

as long as you don't activate the SMN Hands quest, there won't be any conflicts with RDM or BLM.

you don't have to open any more coffers, you don't have to finish the SMN Horns quest.

just go to the NPC and reset your RDM memory.

i have 8 sets of AF stored and AF+1 for all 5 of my 75 jobs.

You need to finish everything. I've been trying to reset bard for a while (since I have so many jobs I only did half the AF for most of them), and I've finished AF1 2 3, got legs from coffer, and it won't let me reset because I never got head from coffer (and then I tossed legs when I hit 75 because I never planned to play bard, yes yes I regret it). Pisses me off because oz coffer is hard enough as is (was there for 2hrs with th4 yesterday), and now I have to do another one before I can even START the damn AF quests again.

Akar Im (redoing) the SMN Af now, I realize it has to be done fully the first time, but now that i reset it and am doing it again, I just wanted to know if redoing all the quests neccesesary To be able to Resest my next job I need to redo (blm or rdm) Layoneil your advice seems promising.. but i alreday flagged the hands so im doin that and Horn quest is also active.. may have to redo them all now i dunno.. I think sometime before I reset RDM cuz its not even on the list to resest from jeuno npc, I tried to switch to RDM and get CS from lionsprings tavern but nothing yet, maybe cant do 2 different AF quests at once..?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just wanted to know if redoing all the quests neccesesary To be able to Resest my next job I need to redo (blm or rdm)
    absolutely not.

if you can't reset RDM than there's something wrong with your RDM stuff.

Can it safely be said you need to have gotten all 6 AF pieces (including weapon) before you can reset? This is rather annoying, since I was thinking of getting all the AF sets for fun just to store (I think I have 9 AF sets stored for 15 jobs, and the rest either never did AF quests (like drk), were seriously halfassed (75 smn with af legs onry, got feet only after I got the limbus items to upgrade, nothing else), or I got the full AF1 set, upgraded a couple, then tossed the rest (like rdm/blm)).

Edit: never got RDM legs, so gotta do that before I resest that 1.. ahhhhh garliage coffer

Ashira

Ah, so I can assume I was wrong in assuming that once I've done Dark Spark I've closed out coffers for that job? Because I need to go re-obtain my WHM cap to store that again, but had done hands for it so I could open up coffer sect on another job... so I just figured I had to finish through AF3 and then reset memories and start over again to get hat. :/

But this is a good thing. :D (The Garlaige coffer doesn't bother me... )

Black Belt
    BG Level

the hands quest has nothing to do with the other coffers, coffers are triggered by activating the first armor quest.

and yes, you need all 6 pieces before you can reset.

So... If after ive redone the 2 pieces I need, then store the 5 AF, I can do the remaining quests whenever and then toss the reward it gives?