Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Dynamis-Qufim post Anateus farming

So I am wondering what mobs other shells go for post Anateus...

A few times we have done Raptors and Weapons..

Also have done Krakens (they suck >.>)

Are the diremites really nasty?
    Trying to mix up what mobs we fight to get a chance at different AFs, and haven't really fought anything but the above after Anateus.

Any suggestions?

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Re: Dynamis-Qufim post Anateus farming

Last time we did Qufim, we killed the boss, then went east towards the coast and killed all the Snolls there, then moved south, killed all the Weapons and a few Krakens, then east and killed all the Tigers. Rocs or Raptors could have been next, but ran out of time at that point.

Seems to be a good mix of potential AF accessories that can drop, not that we got any.

Pretty much anything in our path as we made our way back towards the lake then towards Jeuno.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

all I know is weapons suck, the couple of times we have pulled them we might get lucky and get a single pull most of the time though it is ~18 of them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We usually go for diremites/snolls/weapons... but that's just because our puller hates the WHMs. Although I must say, krakens and raptors look like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasaz
    We usually go for diremites/snolls/weapons... but that's just because our puller hates the WHMs. Although I must say, krakens and raptors look like fun.
    we've done krakens on many occasions and they're not that ornery iirc. pulling can be a bit wonky at times, but you can usually pick 1 off and even if they link, they sleep easily.

weapons are the most hellish nightmare in the zone imo. AoE stat RAPE and silence WS along with the usual weapon hell. and they link. bad.

tigers aren't that bad, though the pulls were weird when we did them iirc. they also have an unusual ability called crossthrash with moderately high damage and knockback. oooh. knockback. scary. i know. para sucks though.

diremites can do some heavy damage with spinning top, but iirc it's blinkable (been a LONG time since i fought diremites. someone back me up or tell me i'm wrong if you know.) nothing too horrible that i remember, but i could easily be wrong.

never fought the raptors, somehow, so i dunno. plenty of other people here who can fill that in i'm sure though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    all I know is weapons suck, the couple of times we have pulled them we might get lucky and get a single pull most of the time though it is ~18 of them.

I've never seen more than 9 weapon in 5-6 runs. But we get 3 on most pull. Either way, blm can sleep them fine and it shouldnt be a problem to kill...just make sure mage stay away, and have everyone sub nin (blm/nin is pretty good for that part btw).

Krakken caused us far more downtime than anything else with the strong aoe 500dmg aoe that goes through utsu.

I agree w/ Kaylia. Krakens have massive, unblinkable AoE, which means unless you're blm-heavy is going to go a lot slower than weapons, whose AoE is blinkable. Weapons and diremites are easiest for that reason imo, so long as your tanks and mages are mindful of positioning. Not that it makes sense to compare them anyway because weapons and krakens have disparate drops; we usually hit diremites >> weapons on mnk/whm/drg/smn/bst days and snolls >> raptors >> whatever people feel like doing with the time remaining on thf/rdm/rng/drk/sam days.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, BLM heavy group would probably do fine on krakken. Each spell take something like 10-15% if I remember correctly. However, we tend to bring more melees than mages for the mega, and farming those mob after is simply painful. 2 Aoe in a row, and you lose a couple of people, especially near the end of a raid when 1/2 of the people dont pay attention. Snoll/diremite/weapon are much easier imo

We always do Snolls > Weapons > fight past the lake some regular mobs > Raptors

Able to clear all of these after MB and usually just a few minules left. I personally do not like doing kraken, tigers, and bats (jeuno) in this zone

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Kaylia I have a pic of weapons I will post for you later

I call it "Forgetting the Lube."

Here ya go.
    This doesn't show the 4 that were out of SS range that had turned either.
    http://www.jedpadilla.com/ffxi/Lots_of_shit.JPG

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

If you have that many weapons on one pull then you're puller should be shot. The single weapons on the spine can be pulled individually, and the first couple weapons past the spine can be pulled without links. iirc there's only one weapon pull that always linked on my runs, and it was six weapons total.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

that was the one on the spine ><

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That's even worse. The ones on the spine are solo and don't spawn babies. You'd seriously have to try hard to get a link like that off a spine pull.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Usually do a mix of Diremite, Snoll, Weapon, Raptors. Did Kraken once, AoE was annoying and not really worth it. Stirges heading towards Jeuno eats too much time running there. Think we did tigers once but not sure. I try to mix it up every run so it isn't the same thing every time like Valkurm (Clear@Boss > Hippo > Cactuar > Sheep) and it rotates the drop tables.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    That's even worse. The ones on the spine are solo and don't spawn babies. You'd seriously have to try hard to get a link like that off a spine pull.
    Yeah well if you ask anyone in my shell they will tell you what a 'fun' puller I am

The only thing I can figure is one on the other side linked some how some way and it chained on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    Kaylia I have a pic of weapons I will post for you later

I call it "Forgetting the Lube."

Here ya go.
    This doesn't show the 4 that were out of SS range that had turned either.
    [img]http://www.jedpadilla.com/ffxi/Lots_of_shit.JPG
    Technically, I can show you picture with the whole dynamis jeuno on us, doesn't mean we shouldnt pull goblin next time. I never had more than 9 weapons at times like I said, so that pull probably failled horribly. We always camp in the area in front of Delkfut (far enough to not aggro the mega "pet"), and our puller go around the spine to pull them. You shouldnt get any link that way

Did you pull with magic? Maybe they aggro magic and you got a couple on the other side..no idea

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It was magic, but it was at max range. I am not too worried about it, and we will do them next time. Just a fun picture.

Chat log went like this

other leader >> Try not to link too many.
    >> Other leader You mean don't get em all?
    Other leader >> ...
    >> Other leader Ok I will die then