FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version" Version U

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../2034/2034.jpg
    Today a "FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version" version update was conducted which introduced the Item Info feature, which allows users to display in-game item information within posts on the Linkshell Community, the Equipment Information feature that allows character equipment to be displayed within a member's profile, and several other new features.

A function added that allows in-game item information to be viewed within the Linkshell Community

This new feature allows item information to be viewed from comments posted on the Linkshell Community's Message Board and Calendar.
    An "Item Info" button is added to comment entry fields where the Item Info feature can be used. Pushing this button will display an entry assistance screen where you can enter the item name and item info display method. Selecting "OK" will add a tag with the item's name to the comment entry field. By posting a comment including this tag, the item's in-game information will be displayed within the comment.

Item Info can be displayed directly in the comment or as a pop-up.

- Direct Display
    The item information will be displayed directly in the comment box.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...034/2034_2.jpg

- Pop-up Display
    The item information will pop up when the cursor hovers over the item name.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...034/2034_3.jpg

In addition to using the entry assistance screen described above, you can also use the Item Info feature through the following method.

- Direct Display
    In the comment entry field, enter the item name surrounded by box brackets ([[ and ]]). For example: [[potion]]

- Pop-up Display
    In the comment entry field, enter the item name surrounded by curly brackets ({{ and }}). For example: {{potion}}

*Item Info is only displayed to users who are logged in to the Linkshell Community.

Character equipment information added to Member Profile

With the addition of this new feature, users can show other members their character's in-game equipment. Equipment information privacy settings can be configured from the Member Profile Editor.

*Equipment information privacy settings are set to "Display only to logged-in users" by default.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...034/2034_6.jpg

"Einherjar" added to Linkshell Purposes

Other minor issues were addressed.

Click here to join the FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community.

The "Event Status," "Member Profile," and "Linkshell Event Information" changes that were announced in "Information" on the FINAL FANTASY XI official site have been delayed due to an extension of the QA period. We are planning on adding these changes in the near future. Release details will be announced in "Information."

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version" Version U

I like how the MNK in the lower half is obviously a BB mnk who has delvled down to 74, his WAR sub is only lvl 9, and he has a PCC but an NQ amemet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Epic.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    I like how the MNK in the lower half is obviously a BB mnk who has delvled down to 74, his WAR sub is only lvl 9, and he has a PCC but an NQ amemet.
    It's brown, and thats a HQ.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

They don't really win points for accuracy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dblackbelt.jpg

I afked in Whitegate last night after meriting on BRD, haven't had my MNK gear on in over 12 hours.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This is pretty neat. The graphics are a lot nicer than the Alla character gear shit, and the stats on rollover function is nice touch.

Shame nobody uses it ever.

Y halo thar Armory.

Honestly, it's a great idea that should be copied.

BG Level

The stats on rollover (and the general function of being able to view people's equipment and stats) is pretty much directly copied from WoW's Armory website. Here's a random Armory profile I had bookmarked, for comparison. Armory has a much shinier (and buggier) UI, but the functionality is very similar, and I think SE will be adding more features to bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    The stats on rollover (and the general function of being able to view people's equipment and stats) is pretty much directly copied from WoW's Armory website. Here's a random Armory profile I had bookmarked, for comparison. Armory has a much shinier (and buggier) UI, but the functionality is very similar, and I think SE will be adding more features to bridge the gap.
    I doubt it. They aren't trying to compete with WoW feature for feature. This was just something people said they wanted so SE obliged.

BG Level

The sites are pretty much the same function-wise, SE is just working from a different angle. Armory started with the focus on the individual, with character profiles and stats, then added more guild and arena features. Linkshell Community started out with the focus on LSs, and seems to be moving towards adding more individual features. I don't think they'll copy Armory feature-for-feature because some of it doesn't make sense (focus on PvP, talent tree, etc), but I think they're moving towards having very similar sites.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    I doubt it. They aren't trying to compete with WoW feature for feature. This was just something people said they wanted so SE obliged.
    people forget, or just never knew, that EQ had features like this on websites a long long time ago, it wasnt as advanced but you could get magellos that were pretty damn close long before FFXI or WoW even came out

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    people forget, or just never knew, that EQ had features like this on websites a long long time ago, it wasnt as advanced but you could get magellos that were pretty damn close long before FFXI or WoW even came out
    "EQ must be trying to copy WoW" obligatory tard statement for the thread, but I think Zosi beat me to it

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still want to kill whoever decided to have the entire thing run by javascript........

Well, least I can just link to my profile member-page if someone on forum wants to know my current status on crap, the forum is damn near useless otherwise compared to pre-built PHP alternatives.

BG Level

I've never said WoW was the first to do it, just the one I'm most familiar with, since they implemented it while I was on break from FFXI playing WoW. Haven't played EQ (nor do I ever care to), so I didn't know about their EQ Players site, which is very similar upon further examination.

Out of the implementations I've seen so far, I still like WoW's the best. It's easier to browse (don't need to be logged in), you can easily bookmark/link to players, and the UI is very slick if your browser supports all the AJAX crap.

Ninja edit: I found Sony's official site instead of Magelo somehow, Magelo IS very impressive. :O Too bad you need a premium membership for it to automatically update, I guess you get what you pay for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Y halo thar Armory.

Honestly, it's a great idea that should be copied.

All of this shit was stolen from Magelo.
    http://www.magelo.com
    Which was created for EQ1 quite a while ago ^^

Don't give Blizzard credit for shit that wasn't their idea.

Edit: GAH! Last time I leave this open for a while and then responding -.- was beaten lawl. Ignore what I said above since it was already stated!

Eh, I'm in the same boat as Zosi. FFXI was the first MMOG I played more than 5 minutes of, so I don't/didn't know of other similar sites.

Regardless, it's still something that should be copied.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Eh, I'm in the same boat as Zosi. FFXI was the first MMOG I played more than 5 minutes of, so I don't/didn't know of other similar sites.

Regardless, it's still something that should be copied.
    Im honestly more inclined that instead of copied after the fact it should be implemented upon launch for all mmos that are trying to be serious, if you make your database correctly, parsing it to a website should be easy as meow.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

said before but hi2u armory.worldofwarcraft.com.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    said before but hi2u armory.worldofwarcraft.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by klvino
    "EQ must be trying to copy WoW" obligatory tard statement for the thread, but I think Zosi beat me to it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I dont belive this is pulled directly from the main ffxi database. It almost feels like its copied from one format to another and its very hit/miss if it happens to grab your info on the update.

Or at least that has been my experience with job/mission/craft levels in the past.