BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How does your LS do loot on KS99?

Presumably not by regular DKP or /Point since there is an orb involved, does the person who provides the orb get:

A) pick of item(s) - rest sell for LS bank? how many?
    B) Everything
    C) DKP bonus?
    D) Flat payout lift?

We haven't done this in a while in my smaller size LS, but are looking to start. Of course everyone wants to do Wyrm for chance at the speed belt. But then some folks want to get other items too...While I'm also researching in my shell what ppl want and feel is fair, I'd like to see how the rest of you do it. Yes, the orb holder gives us 99 seals but not like they are worth squat without the help and time of 17 other ppl. Especially with deflation today.

Anyway, looking for thoughts on how other shells are doing this post-update. thanks.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: How does your LS do loot on KS99?

The way we've always done it is the first orb you put up, you get 100% of the loot, and every orb after that, the LS takes one item from the pool. Trial members don't get to use an orb, and we don't let people go a second time if there are still people who haven't gone once. I don't see the point of splitting the drops when the whole point is to make money for the members. Sellable HNM drops build the coffer, KS99s are to get members some extra cash. That's how it always seemed to me anyway.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Orb holder picks out two items. Freelot everything else. Granted, our HNMLS never does just one KS99 in a session, more like 5-6.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah
    Orb holder picks out two items. Freelot everything else.
    My LS currently does something similar as well. The Orb holder usually picks an item, and/or the BB item if the sponser is doing it for the belt & it drops. Then the rest is either freelotted, or goes to LS treasury depending on want for the items.

we usually let the orbholder choose 1 item from the pool if there's 1 or more outstanding items (speed belt, krieg, bhide, etc.) that drop. the rest are either freelotted if they're cheap crafting crap or pooled and split. if the drop sucks, IE 2 abjs and a meteor cesti or something, the orbholder takes the lot. seems to work well as everyone who comes gets a small payout while the orbholder gets a good chunk of cash most of the time.

Ours does your orb your loot. Unless it's an item someone needs for something like BB.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

we do Helpers get a dkp bonus + orb holders you get all your loot.. Seriously splitting loot is so not worth it anymore lol.

If you don't want the BB item, all the 70+ MNKs get a lot at it

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

We do orbs this way. Choose Items, or choose weapons/armor.... the rest goes to the LS. Our LS has an hours system though that logs events, and you get paid gil every 100 hours... though you cant spend it whenever you want for obvious reasons. K99's help fund the bank a lot... especially if a Dlog/Hide drop and an Unsho, then you gotta decide... either way the LS makes money off of it.

Ashira

Your orb, your loot, you can choose what happens to the BB item (friend tagging along in hopes of the drop, or people hanging out to buy, free lot to the shell, etc). Usually only 1 orb each when we set up a night of runs... helpers get RR hairpins and a 100k payday, this cost is added up and split between each orb user.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    Your orb, your loot, you can choose what happens to the BB item (friend tagging along in hopes of the drop, or people hanging out to buy, free lot to the shell, etc). Usually only 1 orb each when we set up a night of runs... helpers get RR hairpins and a 100k payday, this cost is added up and split between each orb user.
    Funny 100k is more than some orbs drop lately..
    We have in the past 2 months done about 50 wyrm no juggy no speed belt average orb like 250k , best orb 2M?
    And like 8 behemoth the other night, some orbs sub 100k....only 1 hide...1 s cloth....1 lolhealing staff

We do your orb your loot now..

We used to do a split amongst orb owners, that failed hard ......

We also used to sanction meds and stuff, but eventually people get to use their own orb anyway...and those that don't its most likely because they did KS30...and I don't think they had to give the LS money for that.

As a side note we never have attendance problems for KS99...although I am aware that many Linkshells do

Ashira

Hmm... well, last run we did was a while ago, and price was 100k. But it's also not 100k *per* orb you help with, but 100k for the whole night. So if 12 people have an orb, 8 helpers are all paid 100k, split between 12 people. Plus given hairpins to use/share, esp for the KB run.

It could very well go down our next run, though, with deflation in general.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Your orb or your loot. Everyone will get a chance to use their orb sooner or later, so it doesnt matter. BC like ouryu that are still hard (for us) are considered as LS loot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We do 1 item chosen, rest to the bank.

Primary reason for this (I don't make policy) is that splitting beyond 18 (if more people show up than allowed to enter) would get more increasingly complicated, especially if people have to log after a couple orbs would add to trouble.

I don't fully agree with it, but what can ya do?

Decimus

we let orb user keep all items unless the total drops exceed 2mil. So for KS99 Wyrm, orb user keeps all unless Juggernaut or Speedbelt drops. LS bank gets 25% of Juggernaut or Speedbelt price if the orb user wants to sell those items.

We let older, active members (6 months+ with LS) keep Speedbelt if they choose to not sell it. Newer members who get a Speedbelt from their orb gets it confiscated by me until they fulfill their term with our LS. Members wishing to keep Juggernaut must pay LS bank 25% of price close to AH price.

Same thing with KS99 Chlevnik, nothing special from this bcnm. Possible to get behemoth hide, healing staff, shining cloth in one orb I suppose.

Black Belt items go to active, older members with 75MNK first. We don't let newer members leech this, they must be active with our LS for at least one month.

We don't do KS99 Turtle, waste of seals. We tell our MNK to get help and go camp NQ turtle for egg or wait for HQ kill.

1/22 on Speedbelt, 0/22 Juggernaut, 2/22 Wyrm Beard

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Newer members who get a Speedbelt from their orb gets it confiscated by me until they fulfill their term with our LS.
    Keeping item in hostage to keep your players from quitting sound so wrong.

Decimus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Newer members who get a Speedbelt from their orb gets it confiscated by me until they fulfill their term with our LS.
    Keeping item in hostage to keep your players from quitting sound so wrong.
    Not really, we protect items generated by LS efforts. Items generated from LS events should stay with LS. Last thing we want is a newer member walking away with a Speedbelt to a competing LS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We haven't done KS99s in a while, but we just did your orb, your loot. And didn't let people use a second orb until everybody gets to do their first one. BB items went to whoever's orb it was unless they didn't want it, then it was whoever the orb holder wanted to have it.

In a slightly related topic: How's the droprate on the rare/ex speed belt?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I understand the part about preventing "ls item" from leaving, but keeping said item in hostage still feel wrong imo. No one would leave a LS if they had a speed belt waiting for them, they are just going to endure people for the 6 months and ditch you after. Is it really much better, I doubt so?

Rotting a speed belt for 1-6 months is also stupid on many level. Most players usually remain with same LS for a long time, and not that many want to screw you up. Making everyone pay for the few retard people who run away with item is stupid.

Juggernaut/speed belt share a slot that has 5% chance to drop, so 2.5% chance each I believe.

Decimus

I understand the part about preventing "ls item" from leaving, but keeping said item in hostage still feel wrong imo. No one would leave a LS if they had a speed belt waiting for them, they are just going to endure people for the 6 months and ditch you after. Is it really much better, I doubt so?

Rotting a speed belt for 1-6 months is also stupid on many level. Most players usually remain with same LS for a long time, and not that many want to screw you up. Making everyone pay for the few retard people who run away with item is stupid.
    If a member stays and comes to every LS event for 6 months and walks away with a Speedbelt, then I can say that member has earned Speedbelt. Think about the alternative: you let a one month member walk away with Speedbelt. I bet that would make all the members in the LS feel happy lol

Newer members still have the option to force a sale of the Speedbelt, sorry I didn't mention this the first time. It only gets held by me for use at HNM events if the member wishes to own it entirely in the future.

Banned.

BG Level

Keeping item in hostage to keep your players from quitting sound so AWESOME.
    Honestly, a loot whore's nightmare.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast