Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GP Furniture     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

GP Furniture

Do the +1 effect triggered by having the Moghancement: Craft, or just by placing it in my moghouse?

I wanna know so I can start revamping my moghouse feng-shui with some drawers and mannequins if the moghancement doesn't matter for the +1 bonus.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: GP Furniture

You need total energy of the item element (for example, Earth for the Clothcraft GP) to be the highest among all energies in your MH, then you need the actual energy of the item (+9 I believe) not to be out-weighted by any single item's energy of the same type. So for example, if I have CC GP, I should not have a Oak Table in my MH, since Oak Table has earth energy of 10, which will dominate the energy of the GP item.

Short answer: You need Moghancement : Craft in your MH after placing the GP item in, otherwise you won't get the +1.

Must have Moghancement:Crafttype key item for the +1 to be active.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Fucking hell, guess i gotta take out all mannequin for crafting then...or buy fuckton of taru stools

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Your on my friends list, Why didnt you just ask me zilong >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    Fucking hell, guess i gotta take out all mannequin for crafting then...or buy fuckton of taru stools
    could try some other items too, such as the ultra-cheap synth: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Flower_Stand
    quest item: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Tableware_Set
    another quest item with 2 storage: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Donate_to_Recycling
    or the taru stools you mentioned. lightning element just sucks. >< good news is, even if you had 8 mannequins, 8*7=56 light energy, so you'd need 56-9+1=48 energy or only a paltry 24 2 energy furnishings! hope you like stools. ><

one question i always wondered was, what happens if you had 2 competing items for the top spot for that energy, eg the bastokan flag and the emeralda, both at 9 strength and lightning was your dominant element? would you just get nothing? i know that's what happens when 2 elements compete for strongest (when i had my windy and bastok flags posted and no wind or lightning energy, i got no MH) so i'd imagine that's the default behavior when nothings a clear winner, but i've never tested it myself.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not sure which craft you are, but at least with Bonecraft, Mannequins make pretty nice storage since they have the high storage but their energy doesn't overpower my Bonecraft setup. I have three or four Mannequins.

Quote Originally Posted by suji
    Not sure which craft you are, but at least with Bonecraft, Mannequins make pretty nice storage since they have the high storage but their energy doesn't overpower my Bonecraft setup. I have three or four Mannequins.
    taru stools are lightning. lightning element only has alchemy GP item. therefore he is alchemy. bone has some decently high alignment elements that are still below 9, making bone easy to reinforce. lightning jumps straight from 9 to almost nothing but 2, making it much harder. SE really slated everything to be in favor of earth (and now light thanks to the mannequins) which shafts a lot of crafts that don't rely on those elements.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I might as well ask here.

I've got a Fishing Hole Map (9 water energy) and four mannequins (+24 light) in my MH right now, and while I'm lucky that it's relatively easy to keep water energy up, I'd like to expand my storage a bit.

Right now I've got a couple of chiffoniers (3) and coffers (5) for a total of 24 storage and 44 water energy. I'd like to get about that much storage while using less furniture; it seems like 6 bookshelves is the best I can get without breaking my moghancement. (I'd have to juggle this a little bit, actually.)

The good news is that it's easy to keep water energy above the 24 needed to counter my mannequins; just two chiffoniers and the fishing hole map (total of 25 water energy) are all it takes.

The bad news is that it's also easy to break my good fishing moghancement (+1 skill) and get the bad fishing moghancement (items), which definitely leaves out every piece of water energy furniture with more than 3 storage. In addition, I've not yet tried out the Almirah-series of furniture, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that they're all over 9 water energy.

Lastly, I don't know if the fisherman's apron (reduces chance of fishing up items) is good enough to counter the bad fishing moghancement (increased chance of fishing up items), but I'm not too eager to find out.

Suggestions?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

All the Ahmirah ones have more than 20 water energy I think, at least the 9-drawer has like 24 water energy. So you are out of luck trying to get any water element furniture with more than 3 slots :/ The best you could get, as you already mentioned, is bookshelf.

I don't have fishing high level to suggest, but as far as I know, when my friend (100 fishing) tries to fish serious stuffs, she always put back Moghancement: Fishing skill in, so I would guess the apron alone is not enough.

Now, can you have several of the SAME item as long as each is lower than your GP or do they stack?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You can, as long as the element of each single one is less than the element of the GP item.

MH checks : Total energy of each element to determine which element should be considered as the dominant one (highest wins) -> then check which single item (no matter how many of that item are in MH, it only checks the single one) in that element category has the highest energy. That one's moghancement will be the one you have.