Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage, or Einherjar; which do you prefar?

Voters
348. You may not vote on this poll
  • Einherjar

13 3.74%
  • Limbus

115 33.05%
  • Dynamis

58 16.67%
  • Salvage

162 46.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sagacious Sundi

Dynamis vs. Limbus vs. Salvage vs. Einherjar

I sorta made this thread to keep arguments concerning the various complaints regarding the above (most particularly the Hildesvini complaints in the wing 2 thread) in one place without completely derailing a topic. Plus I want to know how people generally feel about these events. I also intend for some posts to basically list the order you like/rank/do them, for example:

1. Dynamis
    2. Limbus
    3. Salvage
    4. Einherjar

You can base your decision on virtually anything. Enjoy being able to get appraisals while you get AP for Salvage? Enjoy timesinks? Like spending time with rats or bees? Think the timesink:challenge:reward:fun ratio is absolutely perfect? Find randomness fun?

Fun fact: This thread was originally going to be called "Multiplayer Battles -- Heavyweight Championship" (BCNM/ISNM, Garrison, ENM, & Assault are the Lightweight Battlefields), but it was too long without being clear on what it was about.

(Prefer is spelt/spelled wrong in order to rhyme with Einherjar.)

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Re: Dynamis vs. Limbus vs. Salvage vs. Einherjar

Limbus, just the right amount of time involved, guaranteed rewards, stats per reward, "extracurricular" rewards, and freebies to speed up the process.

Salvage is 100 minutes of the same old shit drops and the same old paths as everything else, least you can go in without monks now if you want to.
    Dynamis is 3 and a half hours of punching yourself in the balls waiting 3 years for your third hat or surcoat or whatever the fuck it is that you get cockblocked on.
    Einherjar is too dumb luck.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dynamis is too long.
    Einherjar is too stupid and random.
    Salvage is ok.
    Limbus is perfect.

Banned.

BG Level

Limbus.

Limbus is indeed perfect.

If "Assault" was there, I would have picked that one. It doesn't have better rewards, but it's much more varied, has more content, and is slightly easier to do(as in organize) assuming you don't have to rely on pick-ups. I guess Assault doesn't get included because you don't bring many people into it and it doesn't get "scheduled" by LSes.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Salvage is perfect, rewards can't go to botters because there's nothing that you have to compete for, completely instanced. Pos hacking to the boss and dotting it to death isn't possible, due to the fact mobs don't pop till doors open and blahblah. Gear rewards from there are superior to other gear in this game (Except for lolbst).
    It's too easy now so it's not as rewarding as it used to feel, but it's still nice to get gears from it. The timing for it isn't too long or too short, and the fact you can take 6 people in and get something accomplished is what I love most. Unlike dynamis (outside Xarc/Bubu) where you can't target a specific AF2, you can do it here, and if you don't wanna do anything else, just use fireflies and leave when you kill your mob.

Dynamis is fun because it's 3-3.5hrs of getting rich by bashing mobs heads in and getting potential AF2 while we're at it. Any jobs work here, manaburn is fun as is TP burning it all. Seeing friends get relics upgraded was awesome too.

Limbus is boring for me, I've been doing it less than I've been doing Dynamis, but it burnt me out much much faster, probably due to us completing things much much sooner - that's why I still like dynamis, nothing like "You find a Sorcerer's Coat on the <mob>" and going fapfapfap. Homam is nice though, certain peices of Nashira are ok, but nothing special.

Einherjar is too random for my liking, if they let 6 people in, 6 people should be able to get some crap done. Not a huge fan of Autolinks , I feel einherjar rewards zerg shells as there's no real strategy aside from "Kill A, Kill B, Kill Boss", if your shell has power in numbers then you can get stuff done here.

Anyways those are my reasons. Pretty much since salvage, my firey passion for Dynamis died, I'll still do it but I don't look forward to it like I do salvage.

I wish this could be a vote for "which ones do you like" rather than pick one.

Limbus was great, but I've pretty much exhausted my desire to go after doing it for over a year.

Dynamis is ok but 3.5 hours is a really long time for an event.

Salvage is really nice and gets my vote, I just wish they would let us in with under 6 (without having to use a trick to fool the entry mechanism)

Penisjar is just no.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My order's the same as LW's but for slightly different reasons.

Salvage is awesome. It's not an unreasonably long-duration event, it actually lets me do a variety of things on RDM (I like being able to cure/buff/debuff/nuke/occasionally even lolmelee), the rewards are great when you put in the time (I'd rather be active for 3 hours on 2 back-to-back runs than hope my bot's better than everyone else's while sitting idle in Aery), and while it does get a bit repetitive, it's no worse than anything else. To top it off, there's always amusing bits like having the big Bhoot Perdition people or Frog Chorus hit almost everyone due to bad luck.

Dynamis I've always enjoyed. I dunno why but I've never burnt out on it. Both RDM and NIN are fun jobs to take (especially when you aren't just a cure-bitch RDM, and get to crowd-control large pulls), I don't mind the length of it since it's always rewarding, and you have a surprising amount of freedom in the zones that don't let you flex the e-peen as much. Sure there's pretty well-defined routes in cities, but it never gets old beating the unholy shit out of a legion of weak mobs. In Icelands you have the flexibility to do a lot of different things depending on what you want to accomplish, and pretty much the same in lolCoP zones. Probably the fact that SML just splits currency and lets people sell instead of pooling to sponsor is what helps me like it so much, since no one in the LS is doing a relic right now anyway, and it's nice to make an easy 100k profit off 3 hours of doing something fun.

Limbus I like because it's short and easy, but it gets really repetitive a lot faster than Salvage or Dynamis. There's no real challenge in it, and I don't like getting hosed on drops for months on end (RDM and NIN AF+1 items wru?!).

Einherjar I've done once and don't really have any real desire to rush to do again. The whole concept is too random and the return on time/money invested is kind of mediocre. I don't need that many old abjurations, and the new ones are pretty lame. I'd rather spend the time I could waste on Einherjar and use it on something more productive, but that's just me.

It was a split between salvage and dynamis for me.

Limbus is rather boring now, basically after half a year, you pretty much get all you need there.

Einherjar ridiculous atm. It seems to require almost the maximum amount of ppl to complete. Drops seems like either 1 abj or all crap. Lotting on one thing against 36 ppl is pretty retarded.

Dynamis I like due to the fact that the items are still very desirable. Now that ppl gotten the strats down cold, it's not a dying fest anymore. Howeverm 3.5hr is a very big time sink, and it gets boring towards the end.

Hence why I like salvage. Rewards are few and far between. However, it rewards going with low amt of ppl.

One more thing i <3 about salvage. You can go 7 times a week!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Salvage > all

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

salvage > all. Dungeon crawls are what this game needs more than anything.

Once you get the hang of limbus, you can clear some zones in 7-15 total monsters, get in and out in 15 minutes. Yeah, real challenging.

Dynamis is boring, 3.5 hrs of repeated monster killing...at least cop dynamis is kind of fun because different types of monsters and triggers, and isnt nearly as long.

Einherjar is full of fail. It's just a zerg fest with minimal rewards.

Salvage wins for me. It's new, it's rewarding, and you can basically tailor any run to suit your needs. Going in with 6-8 it as effective as going in with 12-18, if not more.

Limbus is pretty fun - some of the areas/floor absolutely blow. I'm looking at you Tonberry NINs and SMNs. The rewards are nice, but the zone could honestly use something new. Hell, having mobs give XP/merits would be a shot in the arm.

I've yet to try CoP dynamis. Dynamis-Xarcabard is fun - the rest of the RoZ dynamis zones can go f*ck themselves, especially Windurst.

Einherjar seems like a waste of time, money, experience points - and hell, even electricity by running my computer to attempt it.

And for good measure... lolNyzul assaults...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Salvage is perfect endgame content, but I still believe they could nerf certain aspect of it (ffs...makes lv 35 drop more than once per never). There is other annoying random factor that could be fixed imo
    Limbus is kinda easy now, but the loot/effort ratio was very good compared to many other event.
    Dynamis is decent, but way too old now and there is more rot than actually drop.
    Einherjair is simply retarded atm...it needs a huge fix.

My vote goes for limbus, I think it was the most balanced out of the 4.

Salvage >'s anything 8) . You can do everyday, rewards are best of the best for most of the jobs in multiple slots. Super fun, not too long, not too short, can get stuff accomplished with few persons, etc. etc.

Limbus was pretty fun the first months I guess... after that it's very repetitive and so easy, it's not a bit of a challenge, only Ultima can get a bit tense, but that's about it. Very rewarding though.

Dynamis - can't stresss enough how boring dynamis has become even more when compared to stuff like Salvage. 3+ hours of killing and killing can get depressing, still rewarding at least.

Einherjar - Have done it like twice, I haven't looked back at it and won't for a while probably; I'd rather focus on Salvage than a zerg fest where luck can be a major deciding factor on victory.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I agree with Aurik, let us enter Salvage with less people. It doesn't have to be soloable, but I want to be able to bring my BRD and RDM friends along to kill, say, Archaic Chariot without using a load of combined AP with 6 people, and without spending half an hour trying to find 3 people willing to come along and let us in, without actually coming on the run. Most of the people I ask each day have already gone.

1) Salvage

4) Limbus

20) Dynamis

Never) Einherjar

That's my order. <_<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, salvage with no minimum number would be perfect imo. Can probably farm every lv 35 with 3-4 people, minus a few with retarded pop condition (bhaflau 3rd/4th rampart, Citadelle)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Yeah, salvage with no minimum number would be perfect imo. Can probably farm every lv 35 with 3-4 people, minus a few with retarded pop condition (bhaflau 3rd/4th rampart, Citadelle)
    3rd Rampart wouldn't be very hard with 3-4 people. Have a MNK, BRD, and RDM go, then fight one down to 1-2%, and pull the other. The RDM can sleep and gravity the low HP one while you fight the other low. Then make sure you've saved TP as you melee one down to death, and immediately WS the other one. I imagine the rampart's pop condition is similar to Ying/Yang where you just have to kill them within a few seconds of each other for it to work, as opposed to them dying at exactly the same time.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    3rd Rampart wouldn't be very hard with 3-4 people. Have a MNK, BRD, and RDM go, then fight one down to 1-2%, and pull the other. The RDM can sleep and gravity the low HP one while you fight the other low. Then make sure you've saved TP as you melee one down to death, and immediately WS the other one. I imagine the rampart's pop condition is similar to Ying/Yang where you just have to kill them within a few seconds of each other for it to work, as opposed to them dying at exactly the same time.
    Yeah, you don't have to kill them both immediately to do it. And even if you can't grav/sleep you can always have a guy kite one around the slot room, even without movement speed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

True I guess. Would be more of an annoyance than anything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

True I guess. Would be more of an annoyance than anything.
    I don't see how you would efficiently kill the reinforcements as a group of 3, however. I like 6 for Bhaflau either way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast