Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

stupid topic on hq animation/sound at tiers

Is it just me or is the animation ever so slightly different for HQ1/2/3 - like the 2-3 have just a little more intense oomph both visually and audibly than the tier1?

I do tier 3 consumables with so I've seen a lot of HQ's, but of course don't have the ability to compare side-by-side. But I could swear I'm getting to where I can tell I'm getting a 99 vs a 66 when I see the animation.

Or i could be completely wrong. Just wondering if I am or not.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: stupid topic on hq animation/sound at tiers

I've noticed what seems to be a difference too when desynthing, but I've never been able to lay a finger on it (probably because you can't really compare them side-by-side)

maybe you should fraps some and look at them that way!

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Heh. You know, I've always sort of thought they were different, too. I was never sure enough to make a post asking about it though.

The difference is in the amount of rings for tier 1 and 2,tier 3 with the closing sound of the animation is what makes the diff on tier as well as a slight diff. in amount of rings, i've asked other people but they dont seem to see it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've always been under the impression that every HQ can have different animations. Some with big rings and big noise, others with slightly smaller ones, no matter which HQ tier it is, or HQ result (1, 2, 3).

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by docvicious
    The difference is in the amount of rings for tier 1 and 2,tier 3 with the closing sound of the animation is what makes the diff on tier as well as a slight diff. in amount of rings, i've asked other people but they dont seem to see it

I'm pretty sure I see the same thing here, more rings when you hit higher HQ, could just be in my head, but

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I have wondered the same thing, however I've concluded as nothing more than just a myth. Personally I've never really seen any difference in animation or sound with higher teir HQs, even in amount of rings or closing sounds. It's always been, well that I've seen, the standard HQ animation. I've kinda wondered this when I was synthing during the whole shihei toolbags = 500k time and never really noticed any difference between HQ1 and HQ2/3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know, but it seems like the rings move out and in faster when you get bigger HQs, it could just be me though

from what ive seem while making bolts and arrows, i dont see a difference in the animations of 99 or 66 bolts or arrows

edit: also, has anyone gotten a HQ animation, yet break the synth? that happened to me just now 3 times (making bolts)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by toqabowl
    from what ive seem while making bolts and arrows, i dont see a difference in the animations of 99 or 66 bolts or arrows

edit: also, has anyone gotten a HQ animation, yet break the synth? that happened to me just now 3 times (making bolts)
    I've had that happen before in reverse, break but HQ, also, besieged interupted my synth once and it ended up HQing me a sheikh turban ;x

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

anyone ever notice how NQ animations seem to change also?
    Sometimes they seem more or less intense and sometimes they take longer or shorter to process

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the longer / shorter processing is a result of client-server trust and lag.

that's you get a result slower, or faster, - since your client starts the animations immediately, but must still wait for the server response to complete it - which is dependent on where in the communication cycle you are when you start your synth.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dre
    anyone ever notice how NQ animations seem to change also?
    Sometimes they seem more or less intense and sometimes they take longer or shorter to process
    Yes! Yesterday morning I did six ore -> bead synths. Three of them were those ultra-short kind of NQs! And one had a break animation (in seconds, not the usual amount of time) but was actually a success.

I think the server went a little wacky yesterday...

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Same thing happened to me yesterday when I was doing some silk and velvet cloth synths. To me I noticed Its almost as If the longer the Synth animation.... Its seems like it generating the numbers for fail/success and for every number you don't hit on a certain point, goes to the next one and next one until It comes to the obvious conclusion... but I may not make sense >_> lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    And one had a break animation (in seconds, not the usual amount of time) but was actually a success.
    I've had that happen a few times, only ever happens when I synth somewhere really laggy, like Whitegate AH.