Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small group Olla pots     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Small group Olla pots

So, I have no LS at the moment, but I'm in need of a winterstone to pop genbu. I'd like to get some of my mage friends gear.

What would be the minimum amount of people needed to take these things down? I've heard it can be done with as few as 4, but I'm not sure what the setup would be. Could that number be knocked down even further?

Any particular precautions I would need to take? I know mysterious light is a bitch, but I haven't fought these things in a long time so my memory is hazy.

Re: Small group Olla pots

A smn can solo, and i'm sure a rdm could aslo, I havent tried personally.
    But yeah, 4 people should be good. a tank, a healer and you're good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

MNK/NIN MNK/NIN WHM RDM

Could prolly just go MNK RDM. Would take forever though. Not sure if you could avoid the repops

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tavian
    A smn can solo, and i'm sure a rdm could aslo, I havent tried personally.
    But yeah, 4 people should be good. a tank, a healer and you're good.
    yeah, I know rdm can solo it (well, avesta did anyway), but it's not really feasible. It involves plinking away with gimp rdm archery skill for a long time because of all the magic aggro.

SMN soloing this seems difficult as well, because of the possibility of getting magic aggro when you resummon, though I know there are some "sweet spots" around that area, but you could still get unlucky.

yeah, risky indeed. 2 or more is better to be able to control adds, or kill fast enough before an add. I know a couple of my LS SMNs used to go up there and take them out in a duo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra
    Any particular precautions I would need to take? I know mysterious light is a bitch, but I haven't fought these things in a long time so my memory is hazy.
    Baraera?

This could be an interesting thing to try and solo as SMN, but I'd bring people with me to kill it in case I wiped. Or if they got bored waiting for Fenrir to kill them.

Where are the spots that are mostly safe from magic aggro there? To be safe you'd probably want somebody with a Stun WS. Shoulder Tackle would work. If you have a BLU friend Head Butt and AoE Stoneskin would be pretty handy as well.

i was talking about the ones that dropped the water. sorry if i misunderstood

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Did this recently with MNK/NIN WHM 70PUP and a PLD/RDM who didn't do much, so seems like a MNK and WHM or RDM could probably duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavian
    i was talking about the ones that dropped the water. sorry if i misunderstood
    Duoable with a MNK and a healer (RDM is super, since it has higher enfeebling for Silence/Dispel).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pots that drop the water can be duo'd by a MNK and a healer, the Ollas can be done pretty easily with a small group. I've personally done it PLD WHM MNK BRD.

Most NMs in sky can be done with less than a full pt tbh, just need to be on the ball. Pissed off the RMT a whole bunch of times trioing Despot.

New Merits
    BG Level

I've done them in small groups, I remember a PLD with Martial Wand, actually worked well for Black Halo dmg + Stun WS during those Spectral Barrier -> aga III moments. You'll want at least one real stunner regardless. Your best bet would be to camp in the ??? pop room. You might aggro 2 at first, just sleep one.

Be aware that slow killing rate + no TH will make you cry blood before long.

Ridill
    BG Level

if youre just looking for Water from the Pots, a smn can solo a pot real easy.
    I usually just start near the yellow teleport. theres plenty of safe spots around to recast

edit: with Olla I doubt a smn could solo it. Maybe if Olla didnt cast magic lol. would kill avatars too quickly and youd have to cast a hell of alot to resummon. and more than likely youd get magic agro sooner or later.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No, I'm not looking for waters, just different small group setups/strategies for taking down the Olla NMs

I'd think that a MNK/NIN RDM/WHM and BRD/WHM would be able to do this easily.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I suggest using BLUs, if you know any. They make the fights trivial. With Pot's huge weakness to bludgeoning and BLU's frenetic rip, hysteric barrage, head butt, and even bludgeon, you'll tear apart the ollas without any difficulty.

I've done it with NIN/WAR (who died really quickly) WHM THF BLU before without any difficulty, BLU pwns for it.

Guy I know dualboxes this all the time with BRD+MNK/NIN. Not sure if he goes for Olla as well with the duo, but he definately farms up water.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have for sure seen a MNK/WHM solo just the water.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Soloing water isn't really that amazing anymore, considering there's lots of EM pots hanging around, with the signet change they're easy to kill.

New Merits
    BG Level

You could always take it to the MG porter room.

There is a nice little aggro free area where you can kite it safely.

Duod Olla with MNK/NIN + RDM, it's pretty easy, also did Steam Cleaner with MNK/NIN + BRD, MNK owns pots, hell I think a good MNK with full counter merits/gear and good at blink tanking could even solo SC.