Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chaos Helm+1/Wbody vs. Turban/Gloom Breastplate

Excuse me if this has already been discussed before but atm I dont really have time to do a search..

I was wondering if Gloom Breastplate has the same enhancement on Soul Eater as Chaos Helm+1. Some people telling me JSE does not give an ACC bonus and also that it has a lower DMG% converted and cap. Elsehwre ive read that they share the same enhancment stat's etc.. Can anyone toss me some quick info please? ><

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Chaos Helm+1/Wbody vs. Turban/Gloom Breastplate

same enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by residue
    same enhancement
    Ty!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

There was a thread on BG a bit ago listing hidden affects for all gear (link), and under the Burgeonet was the claim that it had a hidden accuracy bonus of +20 when Souleater was up. Was this debunked-- as I don't see that claim on the wiki page? I know Souleater innately has increased accuracy (25 according to wiki), but this was a 20acc bonus outside Souleater.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't think there's any hidden effect, and I'm sure giving up a few HP for 5% haste is the better combo.

...wow I never even thought of using my dusty old Gloom Breastplate + Wally Turban instead of Chs Burg+1. I've used it like twice ever lol

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Mashu
    There was a thread on BG a bit ago listing hidden affects for all gear (link), and under the Burgeonet was the claim that it had a hidden accuracy bonus of +20 when Souleater was up. Was this debunked-- as I don't see that claim on the wiki page? I know Souleater innately has increased accuracy (25 according to wiki), but this was a 20acc bonus outside Souleater.
    with chs.burgy+1 on and using souleater, you get +25acc according to the tests I did (don't have them still). I haven't bothered trying to see if you get acc from just using souleater, or anything else. Only tested the acc to be +25 when chs.burgy+1 is on with souleater.

also, who cares about the acc when trying to use the breastplate? if acc is an issue, go af+1 head and homam body <.< 10 more HP and 15 extra acc. no haste though but hey. breastplate all the way if you get Feint on the mob imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    with chs.burgy+1 on and using souleater, you get +25acc according to the tests I did (don't have them still). I haven't bothered trying to see if you get acc from just using souleater, or anything else. Only tested the acc to be +25 when chs.burgy+1 is on with souleater.

also, who cares about the acc when trying to use the breastplate? if acc is an issue, go af+1 head and homam body <.< 10 more HP and 15 extra acc. no haste though but hey. breastplate all the way if you get Feint on the mob imo.
    or you could just equip them pop ja then switch gear, unless the bonuses go away when unequiped.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek

or you could just equip them pop ja then switch gear, unless the bonuses go away when unequiped.
    They do

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

As clarification, Souleater innately gives +25 accuracy.

Both (I assume all three, but don't have any sable cuisses) Enhance Souleater effects work exactly the same, 12% damage instead of 10%, and no additional accuracy outside of the initial 25.

Thanks for the info all :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was randomly thinking about this also today, so wouldn't the best combo be the Sable Cuisses + Crimson/Homam body + Turban?

Unless of course cuisses do not give the same bonus.

Banned.

BG Level

It's the same bonus, generally that's regarded as the best setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    I was randomly thinking about this also today, so wouldn't the best combo be the Sable Cuisses + Crimson/Homam body + Turban?
    Turban + Gloom Breastplate + Homam = 8% Haste, 3 Accuracy, 56 HP
    Chaos+1 + Homam + Homam = 3% Haste, 18 Accuracy, 66 HP
    Turban + Homam + Sable Cuisses = 5% Haste, 15 Accuracy, 58 HP

Hard to say, depending on Feint or not it would be either 1 or 3 but Chaos Burg+1 is possibly the worst of the 3.

I did some tests recently on normal Colibri with af1 helm vs gloom breastplate after finding one that checked IT, with base eva/def. I did some swap arounds with acc gear (life belt, snipers, jaeger, haub +1, swift, etc)

Af1 Helmet and souleater made it check IT low eva.
    Breastplate and souleater made it check IT base eva still.

If there is any acc boost from jse body, its miniscule compared to af1 helmet. If feint is around, who really needs acc anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbeast
    I did some tests recently on normal Colibri with af1 helm vs gloom breastplate after finding one that checked IT, with base eva/def. I did some swap arounds with acc gear (life belt, snipers, jaeger, haub +1, swift, etc)

Af1 Helmet and souleater made it check IT low eva.
    Breastplate and souleater made it check IT base eva still.

If there is any acc boost from jse body, its miniscule compared to af1 helmet. If feint is around, who really needs acc anyway?

Well im still new to the whole KC DRK thing, LS recently bought a KC for some of our main DRK's to use. The only mob I have tried KC on without soulvoice acc/haste has been the Dynamis-Valkurm boss.(Feint was on) My setup was~ Turban/Gloom/Dusk hands and feet/Homam legs/Hume RSE Belt/Intruder earing/Cassie earring/Gigant mantle/Shield pendant/Fire bomblet/snipers ring/NQ shield. 1800HP+ 13%Haste in equip

I dont know how the evasion is on that mob but my ACC seemed to be fine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I have a question on Aiatar:

How many players does it take to kill him safely? And is his drop rate decent or incredibly bad?

I've been tempted to get these, as I've yet to get my homam legs yet (tied for top order, just hasn't dropped in the last 4-5 Omegas >.>).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I had a slightly different but related question about kraken zerg gear. Since Homam body was brought up as posibility, what if any factor would the tripple attack on body play? Related to ridill wars going 5zerk/5aggresor rather then DA to prevent the loss of tripple swings from ridill. I know the % on homam body is low but would the more tripples at the loss of more 4+hits be a factor since traits/gear with double/tripple check before weapons?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anger
    I had a slightly different but related question about kraken zerg gear. Since Homam body was brought up as posibility, what if any factor would the tripple attack on body play? Related to ridill wars going 5zerk/5aggresor rather then DA to prevent the loss of tripple swings from ridill. I know the % on homam body is low but would the more tripples at the loss of more 4+hits be a factor since traits/gear with double/tripple check before weapons?
    It's probably why Adaman Hauberk is more ideal... but it's only 2.5% chance of it proccing, so it shouldn't really intefere lol

Quizno

Turban + Gloom Breastplate + Homam = 8% Haste, 3 Accuracy, 56 HP
    Chaos+1 + Homam + Homam = 3% Haste, 18 Accuracy, 66 HP
    Turban + Homam + Sable Cuisses = 5% Haste, 15 Accuracy, 58 HP
    The HP is close enough that it can be ignored.

Assuming maxed out magical haste (43.3%).

Based on an average 4.5 swing proc and 30 seconds of bloodweapon and assuming 95% accuracy:

3% equipment haste = 54 hits
    5% equipment haste = 56 hits
    8% equipment haste = 60 hits
    13% equipment haste = 66 hits
    23% equipment haste = 86 hits
    24% equipment haste = 89 hits
    25% equipment haste = 92 hits

I'm going to pour some gas on the fire and point out that using desperate blows Lv 3, and Hasso from /sam you get:

a calculated value of 106 hits in 30 seconds using Bahamut's Zaghnal if you have access to Catastrophe =p

or

Using Walahra Turban, Swift Belt, Homam – Hn, Lg, Ft, and Blitz Ring (19% haste) you can manage 56 hits.

Stepping up to Walahra Turban, Speed Belt, Dusk Gloves+1, Homam – Lg, Ft, and Blitz Ring (22% haste) will give you 75 hits.

another thing to keep in mind is that your typical kraken drk is probably going /nin and has equipment haste at 19% meaning you can probably expect around 77 hits out of them during the first 30 seconds.

a kraken drk that goes /drg and achieves capped out equipment haste (25%) will manage 92 hits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast