Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ix Drk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Spy

Ix Drk

New to sea, had some questions about Ix Drk.

1.) how long does it take to get max hate (apprpx.) for 2 BLMs?

2.) The Aerns where the ??? are the only you kill for hate?

3.) A recommened strategy for 2 BLMs killing Ix Drk.

I spent 6 hours trying to pop Ix drk and the only message we got was "you sense an unknown presence."

Thanks for the info in advance.

Re: Ix Drk

1) 1 min - 1 day -_-
    2) no, you can kill every Aern in Gardens, although they need to be killed near the ??? spot or you won't make it before eventual animosity fades away
    3) I guess 1st BLM should kite adds, and 2nd BLM should pull ix'DRK to the zone, you need to use zoning-backzoning strategy I think, althoug I'm quite sure you will find some BLM here you will explain it in more details^^

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i've only done this with a blm and me on rdm, never with two blm. the strategy should be the same though.

find the ???. kill the three aern. get message. disband party. blm with message pull to kiting area and kite until other blm is back. it is easy to kite even without gaiters since it likes to stop and cast a lot. other blm diaga his two friends and zone or die. from there, trade hate with nukes until it dies.

if other blm dies too fast, the two adds will link again. remember to buff before popping. also a good idea to kill the spider thing in the hallway that leads to the kiting area. there's one of those spinning pot things on the way to kiting area, but can be easily passed without having to kill it. sorry i forget the name for all of these things, haven't been there for a good while.

map

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    New to sea, had some questions about Ix Drk.

1.) how long does it take to get max hate (apprx.) for 2 BLMs?
    2.) The Aerns where the ??? are the only you kill for hate?
    3.) A recommened strategy for 2 BLMs killing Ix Drk.

I spent 6 hours trying to pop Ix drk and the only message we got was "you sense an unknown presence."
    Thanks for the info in advance.
    Well, I'll answer your question, and post some of my own paint work to kind of help you understand what I'm goign to say too.

1) Aquiring 'Sheer Animosity' could take 5minutes, or it could take 5hours. From my experience it's not something you can even really gauge when your going to have it hit. Duo'ing Ix'DRK you'll soon see that it's a random amount of time, as well as the amount of times he reraises, lol.

2) Yea, the Aerns in the 4 rooms on Ix'DRKs floor produce the Sheer Animosity.

3) Now, a strategy I used works kind of like this. Sorry for my crappy paint skills as i'm at work, but here goes:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...KFightPath.jpg

It's definitly easier if you spawn it with someone who's finished the mission 8-3, and can zone directly to the elevator room to shed hate. Whoever spawns IxDRK will have claim on the Ix'Aern initially, so if possibly please do this BLM/NIN RDM/NIN.

You'll want the spawner to pop it, stun the Ix'Aern, and run the opposite direction of you taking the yellow path to zone his hate, the Ix'Aern will not depop.

You need to Diaga a Qn'Aern, and run to one of the teleporters in the little square setups opposite the way the yellow path is. Zone your hate on the Qn's and be very careful when you run back through the room to not aggro them.

While your getting back to your buddy, he can keep Bio + Zone repeatedly, to hold the Ix while your coming. NEVER Cast on that thing unless you have blink up, because he hits like a bus on mages, and will spam Blood Weapon. Your enfeebles won't stick at all on ix'drk as he's pretty much immune to them. BioII & PoisonII will stick however.

If possible, I suggest you also bring some friends for Ix'DRK as it can reraise an asston (23x highest i've personally seen) and it might be rough on your Mana after awhile. It's not like Ix'MNK/Ix'DRG where they hit weak and the IxDRG can be enfeebeled.

Any other questions feel free to pm or just post. GL

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vejitta
    1) 1 min - 1 day -_-
    2) no, you can kill every Aern in Gardens, although they need to be killed near the ??? spot or you won't make it before eventual animosity fades away
    3) I guess 1st BLM should kite adds, and 2nd BLM should pull ix'DRK to the zone, you need to use zoning-backzoning strategy I think, althoug I'm quite sure you will find some BLM here you will explain it in more details^^
    #2 is not correct, or at least, was never proved true.

To add to the topic. I find BLM/NIN to be much better against this one. Not only it will absorb every spell, but its a lot more reliable if you get hit. It can be soloed in 30minutes using drain+aspir+bio2 without gaither on /nin, without any risk. I generally pull Ix'drk in one of the tower, and blink tank it if there is ghrah on the way. I guess central tower is easier tho...dunno why I prefer the tower.

When it uses bloodweapon, run and dont stop until it cast a spell. He will be running after you for 30sec, instead of the usual 10-15sec+weak spell.

If you want to low man it and dont want to see 20 reraises, you should think about killing Qn'Aern. It can easily be done with 3...never tried duo. I assume a blm could train qn at zone and bio/drain kill them there. Would probably take around 15min-20 for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    #2 is not correct, or at least, was never proved true.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think our last animosity came up from outside Aern. Nonetheless there isn't anything to do between repops so I guess killing outside Aerns won't hurt

popped ix'drk with 2 people twice recently. Once someone gets message disband your party. The person who got the message pops ix'drk and takes him to where you normally kite jailer of fortitude. The second person uses an AoE on the Qns and takes them to the zone. The ix runs at normal movement speed and stops to cast spells, but this fight is so much easier with gaiters/w.legs. Once the 2nd person has zoned the qn aerns they will walk back to spawn and don't aggro. DoT/nuking kill from then on.

Reraise Reraise Reraise Reraise Reraise Reraise Reraise

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I've done it a little differently in duo: Once one person has the animosity, they disband, buff completely, and pop it. As soon as it's popped, they Stun/Bio/whatever one of the Qn'Aern (or if there are other Aern near by, can do that too) to unclaim Ix'DRK, and takes off to the zone line back to Ruhmet (hopefully clearing the path). 2nd player (hopefully with movement speed+) tags Ix'DRK with something that has a fair amount of hate, and runs off to the Teleporter room. This does require you to click the door and chose to go in, but it's really not hard because Ix'DRK stops to cast stupid spells, and he'll lag behind you, or give you time to click.

Once you're in the teleporter room, just kite it around the teleporter and survive until the 2nd person comes back, (Usually a BLM), and have them nuke from the teleporter. If they get hate, just zone down, rest MP, zone up, and continue to nuke.

Even without movement speed, whoever's kiting Ix'DRK around the teleporter can do it with ease, even without movement speed+. Rinse, wash, repeat, pray he doesn't RR alot

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi
    I've done it a little differently in duo: Once one person has the animosity, they disband, buff completely, and pop it. As soon as it's popped, they Stun/Bio/whatever one of the Qn'Aern (or if there are other Aern near by, can do that too) to unclaim Ix'DRK, and takes off to the zone line back to Ruhmet (hopefully clearing the path). 2nd player (hopefully with movement speed+) tags Ix'DRK with something that has a fair amount of hate, and runs off to the Teleporter room. This does require you to click the door and chose to go in, but it's really not hard because Ix'DRK stops to cast stupid spells, and he'll lag behind you, or give you time to click.

Once you're in the teleporter room, just kite it around the teleporter and survive until the 2nd person comes back, (Usually a BLM), and have them nuke from the teleporter. If they get hate, just zone down, rest MP, zone up, and continue to nuke.
    Only problem is that damaged portal will reset Ix'Aern's hate now. Last few times I've duo'd it we tried to pull it to that room like normal, but you can't get Ix'Aern through that portal for some reason. I just use it as a spot to zone occasional hate, while kiting in the rectangular hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi

Only problem is that damaged portal will reset Ix'Aern's hate now. Last few times I've duo'd it we tried to pull it to that room like normal, but you can't get Ix'Aern through that portal for some reason. I just use it as a spot to zone occasional hate, while kiting in the rectangular hall.
    The ix has party hate, so as long as someone else in your party has hate on the ix when you get in the teleporter room it will eventually bounce to you once that person zones...Fort is right behind the ???s though and is just as good for kiting. Theres just a grah and a zdei in your way.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

yea, duo though it's really hard to get it behind that tele-pad without someone having to die. In a party i've seen/done it, but if he's low-manning it, just kite it where you'd either do Fortitude, or the Hallway, either way. If your doing Fortitude, bring flee boots :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Animosity lasts 10 minutes. I found that out the hard way.

Edit: Might aswell add some more information. Qn and Ix hate are seperate, and the initial aggro hate is nil, hence they wont run back to the person who popped them. This makes it easier to spawn them, a red mage can easily pull them away from the person who spawned them, either by chainspell & gravity on the two adds (if they are RDM/NIN), Gravity and Bind (if RDM/BLM or any other combo of sub) or Diaga (if there are no other Aerns around, or even if they are and you wish to pull them away from the person who is pulling Ix.

I've always fought him in the centre room of the towers, as he always takes the longest route around the corner. He is easily out ran using this method without movement speed gear, however with gear it makes it almost a joke. Any job is capable of kiting him for as long as is necessary with some practice. Sub NIN is useful but not essential for straight kiting without having to stop often (as often as he casts a spell, which is approximately 1 complete lap of the room). However for a Black mage and red mage duo, where hate is going to be sketchy at times, with large nukes flying around, NIN sub is essential. For any red mages struggling with hate while their BLM partner dies, casting enfeebles still gives you full hate, even though they will be resisted.

He can be caught on the edge of the corners and fooled into going back and forth. However this will usually require movement speed gear and some amount of luck in where he decides to stop and start casting on you.

Any red mages worrying about keeping buffs up etc. shouldn't fret too much. My general advice is to wait untill utsusemi: Ni is back up, and stop once he starts casting a spell. During this time you can easily recast stoneskin, or refresh and haste. Stopping to nuke isn't a problem either, as long as you have utsusemi: ni ready. Keeping calm during this fight is your biggest foe, and as you settle into it you'll soon gain confidence in recasting buffs etc. He can even be straight tanked for a few rounds if you're daring enough. He's not much of a problem with some good damage down gear macro'd in. However stopping to cast during blood weapon can be a pain as if he does knock your shadows off and eats his way through stoneskin he'll start to regen, and with 150-200~ regened back per hit it can be a little bit of a set back, plus very unnerving to see a fair portion of your HP disappear.

Edit: Another little bit of information. Pulling past the pot can be troublesome, however by the time you reach there, you should have a good second or two breathing space while Ix catches up to you (he has trouble running up the stairs) Unless you popped him without buffing at all (which would be rather a stupid move) just stick an earth staff on and wait your time to get past the pot. It can be a lot harder with 2 mobs, especially if the person currently kiting doesn't have a sleep spell of sorts.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I can definerly confirm he does not like to follow you to the teleporter room (the one where you can Ascend/Descend) anymore, did this just a few hours ago.

I tried three times today, first 2 times I only cast Bio II to get his attention and ran in. I was worried it was a lack of hate, so I went back out and nuked him, ran back in, and he refused to follow me. However, the Qn'Aern did follow me (I didn't make the initial pull, and the Qn'Aern were still near >_>)

It wasn't much of a problem tho, I just kited him around the columns in the entrance without much problem, and a few BLMs zoned in and out after nukes for a fast kill. Just make sure you Bio II or something right before a BLM zones, or it WILL go unclaimed.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Always found the Fortitude rooms to be easiest, but that's with movement+

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Duo'd a couple of times now, once RDM + BLM(Friend), once BLM + RDM(Friend). Not sure how the hate is accumulated but for shits and giggles we always made sure the Aw'Aern died within the bottom square of the ???. Both times got max hate within 4-6 Aw'Aerns(Find ??? kill 3, ??? moves to different location, kill 1-3 at new location before someone gets hate).

First time RDM" path. I'm very lazy so I don't bother going towards the round room behind each possible ??? location, too lazy to deal with spider and pot./BLM gets hate, disband and pop with 2 more Aw'Aerns within the square, BLM/RDM sleepga the Qn'Aerns along with the Aw'Aern. ****Qn'Aerns does not sleep from ES-Sleepga**** RDM run to the main hallway towards the central Elevator, BLM zone the Qn'Aerns. RDM DOES NOT ZONE INTO THE ELEVATOR ROOM. There is no reason why you need to zone it, the main hallway is huge and offers good kiting path. Comes back BLM and RDM share hate by Nuking, trading off hate while kiting Ix'Drk up and down the EXTREMELY LONG hallway. When it 2hr, it DOES run after you longer between casting. So just kite it around making a "Square

Second time RDM/NIN and BLM/NIN, BLM gets hate. Disband pop same deal but in reverse, this time no Aw'Aerns in the room, just pop'd NM + 2 add. RDM Diaga zone. Same routine, but this is more time consuming for obvious reasons, even though it was much smoother and more relax'd, just lay back and run big circle/square around the main hall, doesn't really matter if the NM cut its course and gets in a spell since /NIN.

No movement+ gear either fights.

P.S. Recommend BLM/NIN. Taru BLM/RDM for the first pop was at pretty far distance with full buff and I zoned out at maybe 1xx HP, think maybe taking 70-90 per ranged attack from Qn'Aerns. This was from bottom left room which was the closest to zone.

sorry for the semi-necro bump:

just killed Ix'drk a new LS record: 37 times (36 reraises) _ (deed droped btw)

took us an hour and five minutes from pop to kill, by far the most annoying thing that's ever happened to us in Sea, it was so bad after the 28th kill I called a GM to ask if the darn thing was defective, and was answered and told nothing is wrong with it. and after the GM stoped talking to me it was 4 kills later that the deed dropped finally.

LS motto is defiantly "fuck you ix'drk" for the next few days

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've never tried kiting to the PM8-3 elevator, but I would find that grossly unnecessary. I've done him about 15 or so times duo with x2 BLM. Very very easy fight, I also find getting animosity seems to be easier to get in duo or trio's than in larger groups. That's just my own experience though. Normally, when someone gets animosity, we'd disband the pt. Make sure you buff up and have RR on just incase. The person not popping him, would go sleep the Ghrah and Pot on the way to the JoFort Kite room (You don't need to sleep the pot if you're comfortable with dodging them). Have the non-popper sleep any remaining Aern's near the ???. Pop it and have the other BLM -aga the Qn's and zone them. Popper runs to the kite area, and the rest is gravy. (Note: Sometimes you will need to dia or stun Ix'aern, if you do have Movement Speed+... he likes to lose hate at the start).

I only recently got gaiters, so I can say they're nice to have to do this, it makes it safer when fighting. However, if you know what you're doing, as far as timing your nukes, you won't die even without movement speed+.

Edit: Rofl. Call me a tard, I didn't even read the last post and didn't realize it was necro'd.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I find it easier to have the person kiting the 2 aerns to zone sleep the grah and zdei before popping.

seem to get pop message quicker in duo/trio setups, sometimes never at all. Had back to back pops or pop within 30 mins of last death a lot.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    sorry for the semi-necro bump:

just killed Ix'drk a new LS record: 37 times (36 reraises) _ (deed droped btw)

took us an hour and five minutes from pop to kill, by far the most annoying thing that's ever happened to us in Sea, it was so bad after the 28th kill I called a GM to ask if the darn thing was defective, and was answered and told nothing is wrong with it. and after the GM stoped talking to me it was 4 kills later that the deed dropped finally.

LS motto is defiantly "fuck you ix'drk" for the next few days
    Was this while killing his Qns? I ask this because after a horror 24-reraises during a blm + rdm duo (I used Chainspell 3 times throughout the fight <_<), I always get my blm friend to kite Ix while I solo the Qns one by one as RDM/NIN; never seen more than 4 rrs this way, and often only 1. And if you had the firepower to kill Ix 37 times in 1h5min, you definitely have the firepower to kill the Qns easily.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Killed Ix'DRK yesterday in a lowish man group ie 6 BLMs. Had never tried this before. Luckily we got the message on 2nd set of Aerns in the Room with the ??? After several attempts at trying to zone the Ix to separate the adds which just wasn't happening for some reason as they continued to always link the Ix and then rape the pt (the puller pulled outside the pt), we proceeded to say screw it and try killing the adds. Should have done this at the start >.> 6 AM2 one shotted one Qn. After one was down, we zoned, then killed 2nd add and from there was just left with the Ix which only RR 3 times altho as no BLMs came /nin he did proceed to take chunks out of us before finally dropping the Deed (which is what we were there for). Usually we do Ix in alliance on our Sea Farming nights but since it refused to pop last run after 4hrs and we needed the Deed for next week's Tier 2s we decided to try low man it as an exp/farming run.