Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BLM/WHM solo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

BLM/WHM solo

Where?
    even though i *can* solo puddings as /whm, it is a pain.
    I'm asking because i hate people, and would rather solo, even if it is 1k/hr.
    So any suggestions with camps/projected xp/hr would be appriciated.

Also: atm i'm about half-way done with all BLM merits, what do you suggest is the best order in which to cap them?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: BLM/WHM solo

Try Fire Elementals in Sky? They stand back and cast stupid shit before engaging you. With no Gravity you're pretty much stuck with Sleep-nuking which is slow EXP.

For meriting BLM as BLM solo I'd suggest the most bang for the buck. Get the lower tier stuff that increases your kill speed before you max out something with twice as many merits that provides the same increase.

You should really go and level /RDM though or join a manaburn with BLM/RDMs. It'll take less time.

Banned.

BG Level

I used to do Fire Elementals in sky all the time. I think I actually did half my exp to 75 that way. It was a great way to make money at the time too.

It's how I funded my Relic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by doofusofodin
    Where?
    even though i *can* solo puddings as /whm, it is a pain.
    I'm asking because i hate people, and would rather solo, even if it is 1k/hr.
    So any suggestions with camps/projected xp/hr would be appriciated.
    Got Sea? Sharks and Goldfish are alright exp, I normally solo there with /WHM so I can just tele to a crag and zone into one of the north areas where there isn't anyone. I don't think there are any DC mobs there so you don't have to spend ages running east or west if you were to zone in from Tav.
    I would strongly recommend levelling RDM though.

Also: atm i'm about half-way done with all BLM merits, what do you suggest is the best order in which to cap them?
    Posted like last week or something it's on page 2 now: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20043

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm trying to level rdm to 37 but after having whm and blm 75, it just seems like a gimp combo of the 2 if only going to 37

While i admit it is a good sub for blm, i just get so bored every time i try to level it;;

side note: being an end-game whm for 2 years has depleted my interest in leveling a psuedo(sp) healing job, See: SMN34
    and rdm nuking full time is gimp dmg and stuff, at least 1-37, so i'll work on it but its gonna take awhile

and yes i have sea, as well as every other zone in the game ._.;
    tried om'thingys for a bit, it was decent, wondering if anything better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

tried om'thingys for a bit, it was decent, wondering if anything better.
    Everything else you're really going to need RDM for. Sorry.
    I think Sea is really the best you're gonig to get. Atleast you can tele there whenever you like, and you don't have to worry about a camp being free lol.
    Also you could go for pets for some exp/seals. See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20189

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dont see why people believe /WHM cant get the same amount of XP /RDM does, or why one is better for this and that, there is little difference as long as you have good efeebs/skills. I actually used to solo /WHM more than I did /RDM because I liked my free reraise (I died a lot exploring).

/RDM strat? Grav > Nuke > Run > Nuke > Run > Nuke, etc, and maybe through a sleep/bind in there depending on the area, etc.

/WHM strat Sleep1 > Nuke > Bind > Nuke > Sleep2 > Nuke > repeat. It does take up slighty more mp and time, but it's hardly a huge XP killer.

The people who sub /RDM are looking for grav, right? If you can get grav to stick, you can get Sleep1 and Bind to stick np.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I remember laughing at BLM/RDMs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Got Sea? Sharks and Goldfish are alright exp, I normally solo there with /WHM so I can just tele to a crag and zone into one of the north areas where there isn't anyone. I don't think there are any DC mobs there so you don't have to spend ages running east or west if you were to zone in from Tav.
    I would strongly recommend levelling RDM though.
    Seconded, I did the Om'Hpemde from 68-69 so far, and it's epic EXP. However while passible sub WHM, I have to say i'm partial to RDM. I pull with Gravity, followed by Thunder II. Bind, wait about 5-10seconds till it's mouth opens, then Sleep. Follow that with usually a Freeze, or an Aeroga III, and it's usually pretty decent, around 2k damage.

This will take the Hpemde to around 35% HP, immediatly bind it after the nuke, and wait for the mouth to open again. If you don't get resisted (IE halved) you can usually finish with a cheap Stone IV for around 1.4k damage.

There's a few good positions for this i'll try to find them. I usually try to camp on solid ground where there's a bush. I just pull and use the bush between me and the Hpemde as a kind of rotating point, since they tend to run wierd paths around objects. You'll never get touched once you pick it up.

I could likely do away with the Gravity, since I now have Blink & Stoneskin, but I think I do it for security more then need. Hpemde can and will truck you when they're mouth is open, lol especially as a squishy mage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I dont see why people believe /WHM cant get the same amount of XP /RDM does, or why one is better for this and that, there is little difference as long as you have good efeebs/skills. I actually used to solo /WHM more than I did /RDM because I liked my free reraise (I died a lot exploring).

/RDM strat? Grav > Nuke > Run > Nuke > Run > Nuke, etc, and maybe through a sleep/bind in there depending on the area, etc.

/WHM strat Sleep1 > Nuke > Bind > Nuke > Sleep2 > Nuke > repeat. It does take up slighty more mp and time, but it's hardly a huge XP killer.

The people who sub /RDM are looking for grav, right? If you can get grav to stick, you can get Sleep1 and Bind to stick np.
    There's also fastcast and more dmg/mp. Yes ok it's not a zomgamazing difference. But when you're exping for so long solo it adds up over time. Fastcast can also save you from getting killed by getting that sleep off 1 second faster, if you don't get kill that's a fair bit of exp saved especially if you're only using RR1.
    If you look at all the differences on their own they are fairly subtle and aren’t make or break. But like everything in this game, it's all the little things that add together that make the difference.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

Exactly. I think I did my first 8 merit points on blm by solo'in Fire eles In Sky as blm/whm. I just macro'ed In Igqira lappas, Tiara, and my AF body for max enfeeb, then just slept--> nuke--> slept--->nuke.... Plus was lvling Smithing sub for woodworking, so the clusters were a plus!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I remember laughing at BLM/RDMs.
    SCANDALOUS!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Qiqirn Archaeologist (68-70)
    Qiqirn Enterpriser (73-75)

They are ranger types so once you figure out how to not have them runaway its really easy to kill them at very low risk. (them running away = possible links). Plus they drop gil. Just be kind to the other BLMs which may or may not be solo leveling on them.

Demenicold

:/ you can still do princes solo on mnt. Z just fine, like was said above... instead of nuke > grav > nuke nuke it's just nuke > bind > nuke > sleep > nuke. You can consistanly chain 3 them /whm.

As for merit order read the 4-5 page thread here on it, lot of ppl giving you a lot of different options depending on your play style.

blm/whm can do just fine, although my new lazy xp method for buffer is blm/nin on euvhi in the garden of rhu'met.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

qiqirns in undersea ruins, the poultiers or w/e are the rng mobs, kill those. Just have to avoid linking the thf goldsmiths.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I used to do Fire Elementals in sky all the time. I think I actually did half my exp to 75 that way. It was a great way to make money at the time too.
    It's how I funded my Relic.
    I see what you did there, and still smiled .

Would /NIN (if you have it leveled) work better than /WHM?

Edit: Bah i didnt see Shue's post

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Would /NIN (if you have it leveled) work better than /WHM?

Edit: Bah i didnt see Shue's post
    /NIN is great for things like Euvhi that hit pretty hard but won't be using any magic or AoE against you.

Sure, you have a bit less MP but the INT from /NIN is fine, and you obviously don't burn any MP buffing yourself. Sleep/Bind is plenty.

Edit: BLM/NIN actually has 1 INT more than BLM/WHM, but 2 less than BLM/RDM.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    /NIN is great for things like Euvhi that hit pretty hard but won't be using any magic or AoE against you.
    Pretty sure euhvi have AoE damage, and vertical cleave goes through shadows anyway. The slow TP move is also something retarded like well over 50% slow, and goes through shadows, probably not fun without erase. And if they aren't getting close enough to use TP moves, why are you using /nin?

Copy/paste from wiki:

Efflorescent Foetor: Cone Attack Blind and Silence, ignores shadows.
    Morning Glory: 10'(?) AOE damage, blocked by Utsusemi.
    Stupor Spores: AOE damage and Sleep, ignores shadows.
    Axial Bloom: AOE Bind, ignores shadows.
    Nutrient Absorption: Single-target Drain, blocked by Utsusemi.
    Vertical Cleave: Single-target high damage, ignores shadows.
    Viscid Nectar: Cone Attack Slow, ignores shadows.

>.> Thou I guess it doesn't matter if they don't get enough TP to do any of those.

Each dmg spell is 10% TP, it'll be dead before it's at 100% TP or you're doing something very, very wrong.

Edit: To clarify what I meant by AoE there, the Water Ghrah will sometimes throw Poisonga II at you, so you need to watch it and have stun or :Ni ready.