+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Command and conquer 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Command and conquer 3

I know this isn't an RPG but it's really the only non-ffxi gaming forum we have.

is this game worth getting? I'm a huge fan of command and conquer and red alert 1 and 2. But i'm getting more leery of buying new games without hearing anything from people who've played it anymore. So many times sequals to games just get to in depth that it's almost not fun anymore. Ages of empires and civilization games for example, the first 2 or so were awesome then after that it's just like there's so much going on that it's more like work than fun playing a game.

So that's basically my question, is command and conquer 3 still fun, or is there so much to do it's more like work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Command and conquer 3

i had fun with it but in the end it's just another face on the same game

It was fun for a little bit, but then it gets old. Just because it has fancy graphics doesn't mean it'll match what the original C&C did.

It's okay game wise, it's basically ye olde c&c with prettier graphics. However, if you play it for the story at all the cutscenes in it are REALLY bad. Even for a c&c game they are terrible. The audio quality of it was especially bad for the GDI, forget if it was for the NOD as well.

well thanks for the info, i'm a bit dissappointed, but at least i'll save a few bucks and get anything else. Any recommendations? I'm playing NWN2 right now and as awesome as it is i'm a little unhappy with the lack of freedom. I recall in the first one being able to do just about anything and open any door, now there are specific key's for half the doors in the game and every zone is listed as no PVP so i can't attack the citizens. Maybe i just haven't figured out how to change that option though.

What kind of game you looking for? An RTS still? Company of Heroes is by far the best RTS I have ever played. FPS, Counter-Strike: Source. RPG, oblivion. Ummm a new RTS just game out a few days ago in BETA. World in Conflict, its pretty cool. Here's some pics of some of an online skirmish.

Sorry for the image size, I thought I resized them all, but I guess I didn't... Oh well, 56k die.

Notice the missile incoming...
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7...een0002rw5.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-16

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2...een0003fc4.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-16

;_; nuclear fallout
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7...een0005ex2.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-16

Oooo pretty..
    http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8...een0011uz4.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-16

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Bout the only game im playing atm is C&C3, and id have to say i like it. Yeah its another strategy/C&C, but i like em, and the 3rd new faction, Scrin are awesome they are all I play. EA/Westwood server has alot of flaws though, they need to mess with the online server for the game and fix alot of shit, not to mention alot of people cheat on the game, but i think EA/Westwood is working on that, it has many fun moments when people arent douchebags and whiny, etc etc. Which is alot to ask in this society. But I would recommend the game, other then the fact that I had to go out and spend 200 bucks on a fuckin graphics card just to play the damn thing, on top of the 50 bucks for the freakin game....orz lol.

if anyone else plays it, hit me up, my SN is bahamut03

How does oblivion compare to the neverwinter nights games?

I like RTS, like i said i'm a huge C&C and red alert fan, and I really liked games like Ages of Emires, NWN's. Those screenies look cool, and i've never heard of company of hero's. I haven't seen much as far as PC games go anymore, all that's ever on the shelves are console games anymore whenever I go into an EB or gamestop, or even walmart or bestbuy. It's like PC games have taken a backseat to console and MMO's which i really never want to play again. MMO's i mean.

I've played Red alert 2 for many years is this suspose to be compared to RA2 in any way or just another C&C like Generals ?

More towards red alert 2, but not even close on the fun meter.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    How does oblivion compare to the neverwinter nights games?

I like RTS, like i said i'm a huge C&C and red alert fan, and I really liked games like Ages of Emires, NWN's. Those screenies look cool, and i've never heard of company of hero's. I haven't seen much as far as PC games go anymore, all that's ever on the shelves are console games anymore whenever I go into an EB or gamestop, or even walmart or bestbuy. It's like PC games have taken a backseat to console and MMO's which i really never want to play again. MMO's i mean.
    Oblivion rapes NWN in every category. Though the story in NWN is interesting (to say the least)