Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ENM Promyvion-Mea Glitch?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ENM Promyvion-Mea Glitch?

We fought this last night on Lightningsday and he was Water element. Not sure what the moon phase was, not that any of this should matter.

Midway through the fight (perhaps after a TP move, perhaps not I didn't notice) a Seether popped in (one of the lizardy type of Emptys). It fought against us and generally made the fight a complete mess (luckily it was our only ENM of the night and our 2 SMNs made quick work of it through Ramuh). It immediately depopped after the fight.

Note this is NOT the NM that summons adds. This is one that Carousels, AE poisons, Impales, etc. The add summoning one is Dem.

Any ideas? Did we just bug out? Anyone else see this?

-tali

Re: ENM Promyvion-Mea Glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisien
    We fought this last night on Lightningsday and he was Water element. Not sure what the moon phase was, not that any of this should matter.

Midway through the fight (perhaps after a TP move, perhaps not I didn't notice) a Seether popped in (one of the lizardy type of Emptys). It fought against us and generally made the fight a complete mess (luckily it was our only ENM of the night and our 2 SMNs made quick work of it through Ramuh). It immediately depopped after the fight.

Note this is NOT the NM that summons adds. This is one that Carousels, AE poisons, Impales, etc. The add summoning one is Dem.

Any ideas? Did we just bug out? Anyone else see this?

-tali
    this is normal for the ENM versions of those fights.
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Playing_Host
    lists 3 seethers in the dat files indicating that up to 3 can be spawned during the fight. they can be a real nuisance and slow you down dramatically. generally, we pop off the main fight with all but the primary tank and start wailing on the add till it dies, then we return to the main mob. that is, assuming we don't have smns to make them into seether stew. that's the easiest way. ^^

Oh wow, so they are listed.

I've only done the Promy ENMs twice now (full rotation) and that's the first time I've seen the adds spawn, on any of them. We normally don't use SMN 2hrs, just happened to have Mea off cycle this week, and just melee/magic burst them down. Very weird.

Thanks!

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All three promyvion ENM mobs can spawn pets. I believe their pop condition is time based, so the fastest you end with those fights the better, as if you waste enough time 3 pets won't be nice.

If nothing else, Mea's pets are the simplest, to make up for the hardest fight. A single firaga will kill the Seether smns instantly, unlike the other 2 bosses' pets.