+ Reply to Thread

Denver Colorado Residents -- I need your helps

So, Daft Punk concert coming up at the end of this month right outside of Denver in Morrison. Me and a friend want to road trip out there to see them, but want to live on the cheap side.

Are there any decent/cheap campgrounds within a good distance of the Red Rocks Ampitheatre? Or any other tips for staying in the area would be much appreciated.

Thankya!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Denver Colorado Residents -- I need your helps

I know there are campgrounds around Red Rocks, but I've never actually stayed there. I was under the impression they were public so free. I don't know what you guys do for concerts but we always had a problem with logistics. I.E. getting too fucked up to pitch a tent after the show and/or it being too dark by then. Also pitching the tent beforehand brought problems too because we were unwilling to leave it unattended.

I would recommend finding a cheap hotel a little out of town, as those in morrison were expensive or full. I'm sure you could find a motel 8 or something similar for not too much around... I wanna say lakewood?

Anyway have fun at the concert. I LOVE Red Rocks and it is near impossible not to have a good time. I recommend going up early and tailgating as you meet some interesting characters.

Edit: This is what Google says on the matter http://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/visiting/camp.html
    I don't know if you saw that already or what, but there you go.

Ridill
    BG Level

There's one on Morrison road, don't know the name but nice place.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais
    So, Daft Punk concert coming up at the end of this month right outside of Denver in Morrison. Me and a friend want to road trip out there to see them, but want to live on the cheap side.

Are there any decent/cheap campgrounds within a good distance of the Red Rocks Ampitheatre? Or any other tips for staying in the area would be much appreciated.

Thankya!

Oh wicked, me and a bunch of friends are going. PM me if you want to meet up there and hang for a bit.