Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Help: Temenos Central Floor 1

My linkshell attempted this one today. We made it to the Weapon and lost. Dragon went down easy with SCs and MBs. We had a pt of blms with a brd, and then a standard set up of dds and a nin tank in another pt.

Is there a suggested order to doing this one? I am a little confused on the pairing of the NMs could anyone give a little info? thanks in advanced

Re: Help: Temenos Central Floor 1

wiki

New Merits
    BG Level

Basically, pick 3 mobs you want to be easy then brace for the other 3 to be harder. Make sure everyone is non-retarded about magic and blood aggro as you travel.

We do Skeleton, Dragon, and Pot first since they have the worst AoE attacks so you don't want those fights to get drawn out. When I say "worst", I mean Body Slam and Heavy Stomp for 1200+, Spinning Attack for 1300+, Mysterious Light for 600+ in quick succession if you fight the hard versions. You can use the long ramps to separate mages from AoE (one group on top, one on bottom, nobody on the ramp itself). Focus on solid hate control to keep the mob in place and cure load will be manageable.

Hard Weapon isn't so bad as long as frontliners recast Utsu every Whirl that doesn't get stunned--Whirl consumes 2 shadows, so sitting idly on your 1 remaining shadow doesn't cut it, you must recast. Hard Ahriman is annoying but usually not dangerous. AoE Petrify can be bad. Magic Shield -> Nukega III can be bad too, so keep some Head Butt or stun WS handy. Hard Ghost can hit hard with Ectosmash, so Cursna -> Cure your tank peoples to avoid an unexpected death. It has a lot of defense and HP, so Fire/Thunder MB are a good idea.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I guess you could do it that way; that's the way my LS used to do it. Now we kill the pairs at the same time, and it's much easier to complete with a smaller group, which means we can do more runs in one night. The wiki basically describes how to do this. We generally go in with 6 or a little more (for safety), including at least one BLM, and have the BLM(s) -ga III each pair of mobs once they're down to very low health. If you sleep them rather than have a 2nd tank hold them, you may have to alternate between each mob a few times, since they will regen (as noted).

Even if you mess up a bit and don't kill them at exactly the same time, 5-10 seconds of the buffed version with 6 people is better than an entire fight of the buffed version with 18. The memories are not fond ones.

thank you for the info. we'll try it again when we get another chip. this time we'll put more thought into it! :3

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I much prefer the easy ghost since we almost always meleeburn this zone. Ghost resists melee attacks a ton, and has curse effect in addition to HP absorb move. Skeleton isnt much better, but with a monk or two along they kill it fast enough before it has a chance to inflict serious damage. Same with the pot, its so weak to blunt damage even in hard mode that it dies before it has a chance to use too many TP moves and kill anybody. Again since we meleeburn this zone it could be different for you if you bring more BLMs or a balanced group in general. Definitely kill the dragon first though; it's by far the most deadly out of all of them.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

kill it with 9 people every time, 1 melee pt 2 blms 1 rdm, skip eye, do dragon, otherwise in order cause lazycat is lazy

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

I don't see it mentioned a lot in here but what I've noticed doing this area is that it's a LOT easier when you take the trouble of first dealing ~90% damage to the "easy" mob then kill his "hard" counterpart from 100% to 0%. In the meantime depending if you DoT the "easy" one he should be anywhere around 5% to 25% and he'll be a whole lot tougher now.

Last time when my LS did this area we didn't have that many people (around 10, I think) and didn't want to use the risk having both the Ahriman and Dragon on us so we left the Ahriman at 100% and killed the Dragon first. This gave us a way harder time then I think was neccessary because the Ahriman was so tough, it took us about 10 to 15 minutes just to kill it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by rithridan
    I don't see it mentioned a lot in here but what I've noticed doing this area is that it's a LOT easier when you take the trouble of first dealing ~90% damage to the "easy" mob then kill his "hard" counterpart from 100% to 0%. In the meantime depending if you DoT the "easy" one he should be anywhere around 5% to 25% and he'll be a whole lot tougher now.
    This is the method we use. We gather at the 2nd mob and someone pulls the first of the pair to us. We take it down to 90%, disengage and sleep, switch to the other mob and kill it quickly, switch back to the first and its usually at around 15-20% hp and we can finish it off easy enough.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We just fight each pair simultaneously. 9-12 people. We camp in the room between the Ahriman and the Dragon. I split up the melee DD with each tank. Any BLM or SMN just assists whichever mob has more HP. Each tends to die within about 15 seconds of each other.

It's pretty easy even if you just have 1 tank and 1 melee per mob. I think the hardest part is for the healer to watch both groups and be ontop of any status cures.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We killed them all in the order we got to them except for the dragon and eye. When those were the only 2 left, we DD'ed the dragon down to about 5% then slept it and went to the eye. Killed the eye as fast as we could down to about 10%, then finished off the dragon. Once the dragon was dead, the eye wasn't that hard to DD down the remaining 10% or so.

High House Shadow
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Artemas Artemas
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hi.
    We do this one with a setup of: ninja(Kellanved), war (Peacenlove), rdm (me), brd (Meraro) and one more DD, though we've done it with four with Neese as our brd.
    We kill both mobs at the same time, always Ahriman/Dragon, Weapon/Bone, Ghost/Pot. We take the first and bring it over close to the second mob and attack it until it's about 5%. We sleep it then work on the second mob until around 5% and then split up to kill both at the same time. Regen will occur.
    Works out very well.
    The Dragon seems the most dangerous with chaosblade and potential bodyslam, so it will help alot if your tank has alot of subtle blow. Once you kill the first pair, the rest of it is cake.