BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NBA ref gets caught fixing games

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19868741/

Quote Originally Posted by The article
    According to a law enforcement official, authorities are examining whether the referee made calls to affect the point spread in games on which he or associates had wagered thousands of dollars over the past two seasons. The official spoke on condition of anonymity, because he wasn’t authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.

The referee had a gambling problem and was approached by low-level mob associates through an acquaintance, the official said.
    OH SHAT!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: NBA ref gets caught fixing games

haha, i think that was on the front page of the NY post on friday.

warriors shoudlve won >.>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

THIS TOTALLY EXPLAINS WHY THE LAKERS KEEP LOSING

p.s. I love the Lakers..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sigh Lakers Lakers Lakers...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Duh! It's all rigged that's hwy Utah never won the finals!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NBA has been rigged for years. >_>

can i blame the blazers losing on this?

Hahah, as if the NBA didn't have any other problems with the hoodlums they put in uniform.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    Hahah, as if the NBA didn't have any other problems with the hoodlums they put in uniform.
    Could you sound any more like a bigot? I want to see what happens when you actually try this time, "Karly."

Ohshit! Ohsnap! Ohexclamation!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Fail. I find your attempts to sound witty severly lacking any form of lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Could you sound any more like a bigot? I want to see what happens when you actually try this time, "Karly."
    When civilized people get jobs we have to do things like pass background checks.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    When civilized people get jobs we have to do things like pass background checks.
    Let me know when your job requires you to help feed kids in africa, read books for elementary schools, or visit sick boys and girls in hospitals.

Or better yet, explain to me why you'd even making such a retarded comparison to begin with.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Let me know when your job requires you to help feed kids in africa, read books for elementary schools, or visit sick boys and girls in hospitals.
    Its called an elementary school teacher, and they get paid a hell of a lot less.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

At least the NBA isn't fighting dogs, shooting and paralyzing strip club bouncers, and getting 16 year old girls drunk in hotel rooms >.>

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    Its called an elementary school teacher, and they get paid a hell of a lot less.
    You obviously didn't get my point lol. Basketball players are paid to entertain, but are required to do such things that I listed. No other job requires you to donate a part of your freetime doing said tasks. Which is why it is stupid to compare the two.

However, I agree that teacher's should be paid more. But I would fucking love to make $40-60 Thousand a year, get every holiday under the sun, and have free summers lol. I want to teach after i'm done with school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    At least the NBA isn't fighting dogs, shooting and paralyzing strip club bouncers, and getting 16 year old girls drunk in hotel rooms >.>
    Yeah, only their referees are fixing games. Yep, all is well with the NBA....

PS: and who got a 16 yr old drunk? lol i didnt hear about that

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You obviously didn't get my point lol. Basketball players are paid to entertain, but are required to do such things that I listed. No other job requires you to donate a part of your freetime doing said tasks. Which is why it is stupid to compare the two.
    It stupid to even mention those things as if it makes an NBA player a good person. They get overpaid and are "required" to do such things. Now, if they were volunteering their time for this, then I could see your point.

If you werent trying to make them out to be good people, then I have no clue why you even brought it up..

Quote Originally Posted by Devek

Or better yet, explain to me why you'd even making such a retarded comparison to begin with.
    Let me know why you think violent offenders, drug addicts, and sex offenders should be around kids.

Given the NBA is nothing compared to the NFL on criminal activity.. it doesn't change anything. All I am asserting is that "role-model" type people should have clean records.

Xavier

If they're paid to do all of that, how exactly is it a donation?

If they go to an elementary school to read a book, its for publicity, which in turn helps their public image, which in turn helps them make more money through endorsements. Don't go handing out girl scout cookies to entertainers for entertaining. Its their job, and they're quite overpaid for it already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast