Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another HP question!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Another HP question!

I'm up here at work, doing what I do, and so I can't just try this out to find out. Could someone clarify for me, how HP+ food is calculated? Is it Base HP > Food > Gear, or Base HP > Gear > Food?

I want to break away from Carbonara, as 175 seems so limited, but I don't know if Turtle Soup can compare!

Re: Another HP question!

Pretty Sure Food is Figured last...

So your breaking point where Turtle Soup would be 1750hp... Anything Higher Soup will be More

I hope your a Drk asking about a SE/BW Build... becuase Running around Tanking like that on Pld is just Silly... There is no need to whore Hp like that... Made if your going for a pure Hp build to Eat like Cit Buster... but there your better off with a -M.Dmg/MDB/Hp Set where you will never reach that 1750 Breaking Point...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I believe it's Base+Merits > Additive effects > Multiplicative (+%) effects, where the Multiplicative list is checked in order off Gear > Food > Abilities.

Banned.

BG Level

I thought it was base+merits > Food+ + Gear+ > Food% + Gear%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I need to verify the order when I get home, need to make sure I have enough Pescatora before I do though >.>

Trust me when I say that what I'm planning on tanking, in the coming future, I'm going to need as much HP as I can squeeze out of food.

Don't worry. I've been playing Paladin as my main for 4 years. I'm not a retard. Just never thought about which came first. The chicken, or the Carbonara?

Ninja Edit!

For those Paladins out there wondering what food is best, and for a lively debate, here's what I use, and where!

PLD/NIN
    Omega/Ultima: Carbonara
    Limbus/Dynamis-Xarcabard: Dorado Sushi
    JoL/JoF/Prudence: Carbonara
    JoT/JoH/Others: Dorado Sushi
    Exp PT (Colibri): Meatkabobs
    Exp PT (Others): Couerl Sub/Hedgehog Pie
    KS99/Other Big Stuff: Carbonara
    Assault: Couerl Sub
    Salvage: Dorado Sushi (Boss: Carbonara)

PLD/WAR
    Limbus/Dynamis: Dorado Sushi
    Assault: Coeurl Sub/Hedgehog Pie

...hmm... I can't think of any other place I go as /WAR.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wolfheinrich Kamenride
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I am fairly sure it's Base+Merit+Gear > Food multiplication%, I did this test when I used to have a friend who would cook anything new recipe and I was the genine pig to see what the food effect was...

Slightly OT, for those of us non-Aegis PLD out there, what would you do to eat a CB to try to stay alive without Rampart? Gear for HP/Magic Dmg %- reduction (no shadow gear, no defending ring)/Light resist build (with no guarantee of light carol)? What would you choose? I have retired from HNM quite sometime ago, so I have no shot at uber gear anymore, just doing Limbus with a event shell. For the few times that Magic shield is up when we tried to zerg it down (uner 20% HP), it's almost always a zombie tactic, if only I could find a way to live thru CB more than once...

Any input is appreciated.

Yes its Fixed values > % boosts (confirmed with turtle soup).

Quote Originally Posted by Frodorn
    I hope your a Drk asking about a SE/BW Build... becuase Running around Tanking like that on Pld is just Silly... There is no need to whore Hp like that... Made if your going for a pure Hp build to Eat like Cit Buster... but there your better off with a -M.Dmg/MDB/Hp Set where you will never reach that 1750 Breaking Point...
    I like +HP food (specifically turtle soup) for JoL, just nice to have a bit of a buffer for tripple arial collision + spell, and theres not much else food wise that helps in that fight, outside of that stick with tacos or mele food (Sis Kebabi, hedgehog pie, sole sushi etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheinrich
    I am fairly sure it's Base+Merit+Gear > Food multiplication%, I did this test when I used to have a friend who would cook anything new recipe and I was the genine pig to see what the food effect was...

Slightly OT, for those of us non-Aegis PLD out there, what would you do to eat a CB to try to stay alive without Rampart? Gear for HP/Magic Dmg %- reduction (no shadow gear, no defending ring)/Light resist build (with no guarantee of light carol)? What would you choose? I have retired from HNM quite sometime ago, so I have no shot at uber gear anymore, just doing Limbus with a event shell. For the few times that Magic shield is up when we tried to zerg it down (uner 20% HP), it's almost always a zombie tactic, if only I could find a way to live thru CB more than once...

Any input is appreciated.
    I've tried the light resist gear and it fails hard. Go for straight up magic damage -%. With shell V fully merited giving -26% damage as a start, you only need -24% more to cap out your damage taken -.

Something like :

2x Mermans ring : -8%
    2x Mermans earrings : -4%
    Coral Gear : -10% (can't recall off the top of my head)
    Resentment cape : -5%

Slap +HP gear in any other slots you can to keep your base HP over about 1300 (un-resisted CB is around 2600) and you've got a 100% survival rate. Of course it requires less gear coming off if and when you can get your hands on some of the HQ armor and other toys.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Am I wrong for thinking this was another fucking harry potter at first? <_<

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Am I wrong for thinking this was another fucking harry potter at first? <_<
    I did too

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wolfheinrich Kamenride
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for the input, I guess I will gear up and try it out.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Voldemort should have subbed NIN when he fist met harry. Im sure his death spell thingy wasnt AOE <_<

Anyway, nice recommendations on food~ Ill be coming back to this if and when i decide to level PLD to 75

Quote Originally Posted by riddaraan

For those Paladins out there wondering what food is best, and for a lively debate, here's what I use, and where!

PLD/NIN
    Omega/Ultima: Carbonara
    Limbus/Dynamis-Xarcabard: Dorado Sushi
    JoL/JoF/Prudence: Carbonara
    JoT/JoH/Others: Dorado Sushi
    Exp PT (Colibri): Meatkabobs
    Exp PT (Others): Couerl Sub/Hedgehog Pie
    KS99/Other Big Stuff: Carbonara
    Assault: Couerl Sub
    Salvage: Dorado Sushi (Boss: Carbonara)

PLD/WAR
    Limbus/Dynamis: Dorado Sushi
    Assault: Coeurl Sub/Hedgehog Pie

...hmm... I can't think of any other place I go as /WAR.
    Sky farm.

Actually, I don't even do sky farming as /WAR anymore, since there's no need to voke Ulli, and Despot can be shield bashed.

Quote Originally Posted by riddaraan
    Actually, I don't even do sky farming as /WAR anymore, since there's no need to voke Ulli, and Despot can be shield bashed.

lol what?

I was mainly refering to Faust....

edit: oh your talking about claiming, nvm then.

Faust is easy as cake to tank /NIN...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Are % stats from foods always calculated last? For example, If I swap in o-hat (10acc) for WS while using nq sushi(+15%acc), am I essentially swapping in 11.5 acc?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

You do know there's a DEF version of Carbonara called Pescatora right? I guess Carbonara is ok if you're just trying to whore HP but...why not get both (cost aside).

I never understand why people love HP foods, other than like Jailer of Love, Bahamut R.2, Ultima or something alone those lines. Especially against something like Jailer of Prudence, I much rather get my per-hit DMG down as low as it can go to hold better hate and be less of a strain on MP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I like Carbonara as SAM/WAR. <.<