Thread: Whats better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: Whats better?

Pole Strap or Mythril Grip +1 for Soboro Sukehiro? Level 61.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Skai
    Pole Strap or Mythril Grip +1 for Soboro Sukehiro? Level 61.
    depends on whether you care that double attack might be reducing your triple/overall hit rate on soboro like it would on ridill.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto
    I heard just very recently that +Enmity caps at 50 I don't really care to ever reach to cap though lol. Glad to know that other people see a small and almost inexistant change once they're above +30 Enmity.
    I'm pretty sure there isn't an "enmity" cap (though I have no conclusive evidence), but there certainly is a hate cap. You can hit the hate cap with as little as +15 Enmity if you're playing well and not taking much damage - any more just means you hit the cap faster.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I see. Need to know more about these Enmity as I'm playing PLD. Want to play this job to it's best. :D

assburgers
    BG Level

What does everyone think the grip rankings is?

I'm leaning towards this.

Crit Build+ /War or War/Whatever
    Claymore
    Pole
    Mythril+1~Platinum+1~Axe
    Sword Strap

Non-Crit Build+ No native Double (just Brutal/Askar/Are's)
    Pole
    Axe
    Claymore
    Mythril+1~Platinum+1
    Sword Strap

Soloing
    Platinum+1
    Pole~Claymore
    Mythril+1~Axe
    Sword Strap

Zerging, Bzaghnal/Fort Axe/Love Halberd
    Sword Strap
    Platinum+1~Pole~Claymore
    Mythril+1~Axe

What's everyone elses take on it?

I noticed Pole strap just took a dip on Carby and Claymore jumped (making me happy, since I sold Pole/Bought Claymore just before this happened) and was wondering if others see Crit+ as worth more, potentially a lot more when they fix crits today.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ulthalam's Ring or NQ Sniper for non-2h TP?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Smaegol
    For BLU Cannonball set-up:

Wivre mask+1 (STR+3, VIT+3, DEF 21) or Dusk Mask (VIT+5, DEF 31). I know most people generally assume STR> VIT> DEF but didn't know if the differences were significant to see a change. Thanks!
    The wivre mask should be so slightly better that you would never notice the difference, but the wivre mask also works for vertical cleave if you don't have a voyager sallet, and even if you had one, it will save you an inventory space, since you no longer need to carry it around. The wivre mask also has no movement speed -% in case you're ever chasing a kited mob, so I would definitely get that over dusk.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Boxer's Mantle for NIN (and sometime in the future MNK soloing maybe) or Loquacious Earring for SMN (currently Antivenom/Insomnia)?

I already have a Brutal. I'm not sure which one I want to spend coins on first.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    I would wear Ulth's over an NQ sniper ring.
    I would not wear Ulth's over a 6 or 7 acc ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Amele
    Depends on your target and whether or not you need more accuracy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Quote Originally Posted by Amele
    Depends on your target and whether or not you need more accuracy.
    shit is situational sure. the entire point of this thread is to answer 'what's better' without saying "shit is situational"

if you're in a situation where 1 accuracy is worth more than 4 attack, you're probably either a) in a situation where you shouldn't be meleeing because you can't hit shit anyway
    or
    b) in a situation where you have basically capped pdif in which case you (probably) have capped accuracy too, or way too many things buffing your attack*.

the discussion over whether 4 attack is worth more than 7(3) accuracy is a bit more subtle, but generally speaking that's gonna be slightly more than 1.5% dps improvement, whereas four attack will generally be slightly less than 1% dps improvement. (Assuming sane attack values)

so unless you're in a situation where one or the other is capped. 3 accuracy is going to give you a bigger improvement than 4 attack. hence why I said what I did.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What's better for drk magic macro on drk?

Abyss Gauntlets+1
    +5dex +9int +7drk magic skill

Crimson Hands:
    +10 drk magic skill

Also, what about Spinning Slash/Ground Strike/Cross Reaper? (I use chaos +1, but just curious on ppl's input since i haven't tested it)

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Chaos Gauntlets+1
    +6 str +6dex +3 acc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkevolution
    What's better for drk magic macro on drk?

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Crimson Hands:
    +10 drk magic skill

Also, what about Spinning Slash/Ground Strike/Cross Reaper? (I use chaos +1, but just curious on ppl's input since i haven't tested it)

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Chaos Gauntlets+1
    +6 str +6dex +3 acc
    Dark Magic is easy. Items with more +Dark Magic Skill always win, so Crimson Hands.

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Chaos Gauntlets+1
    +6 str +6dex +3 acc

Well, considering Cross Reaper isn't modified by INT, the answer there is obvious. Come to think of it, the answer is kinda obvious for the others as well, since Spinning Slash and Ground Strike aren't modified by DEX. Basically it's a comparison between 3 INT vs. 4 Accuracy and 6 Attack. Chaos+1 is clearly superior.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Chaos Gauntlets+1
    +6 str +6dex +3 acc

Well, considering Cross Reaper isn't modified by INT, the answer there is obvious. Come to think of it, the answer is kinda obvious for the others as well, since Spinning Slash and Ground Strike aren't modified by DEX. Basically it's a comparison between 3 INT vs. 4 Accuracy and 6 Attack. Chaos+1 is clearly superior.
    I thought SE changed the mod on CR to INT instead of MND with the last update, but I'm probably wrong. Asked with the drk magic since I never could find any tests on whether int affected resist/strength of drain or aspir, I found a lot of guesses thou.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar

Abyss Gauntlets+1

Chaos Gauntlets+1
    +6 str +6dex +3 acc

I thought SE changed the mod on CR to INT instead of MND with the last update, but I'm probably wrong. Asked with the drk magic since I never could find any tests on whether int affected resist/strength of drain or aspir, I found a lot of guesses thou.
    No one has found any conclusive evidence to show that INT has any affect on the potency and/or accuracy of Dark Magic. (Or if they have, they have not brought it here.) Even if it does have some affect, it must be fairly weak and will be out-done by raising skill.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

sorry is this still a "What better thread?" I didn't read through all the pages just the first :3.

If it is.... hauby or byrnie?

I know most will say hauby. but I tried a byrnie the other day and I actually had a higher dmg output & better results overall.. ?_?

assburgers
    BG Level

Well, maybe its the diehard in me.

Haub +1 > Byrnie +1 > Haub ~ Byrnie

If you're set on Acc everywhere else, Byrnie +1 is a big jump in attack, and even NQ is a pretty large boost for one slot.

The Benefits of Str and Dex aside from Acc and Attack make me think Haub +1 is still a top tier piece, but its a lot less noticeable of a lead than it used to have over Byrnie +1, especially if you aren't worried about crit rates at all, and just want to max attack.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Saraphym
    sorry is this still a "What better thread?" I didn't read through all the pages just the first :3.

If it is.... hauby or byrnie?

I know most will say hauby. but I tried a byrnie the other day and I actually had a higher dmg output & better results overall.. ?_?
    pre-update byrnie was a joke.

post update it depends on what you're doing.

1h? haub all the way.
    2h? ok, now we have choices

generally speaking: if you already have at least 85~% accuracy from other gear you're probably ok using NQ byrnie over NQ haub.

personally, I think haub is better until 75. think of it as 'free accuracy' that lets you wear non-acc in other slots.

at 75 with lots of merits and an A+ weapon you byrnie is probably better (esp. HQ byrnie) but shit is situational depending on what the rest of your set looks like: at this point you could build around either piece really.

if you need more acc while using a 2h: use a hauby

if you don't need more acc while using a 2h: use a hauby and replace one of your other acc pieces

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 269 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast