+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Favorite non-America/Japan TV Shows

Alright guys, let's broaden our horizons here. What's your favourite television show that isn't made by an American or Japanese producer? Give some details about it. I'll start off:

Skyland. Its a French based animated show, with ties directly to Canada and India (for music and animation, respectively).

After the year 2000, the Earth shattered. The pieces of its remains revolve around an "core" of sorts. This makes Skyland. There are also Seijins, people who use the sunlight to give them various powers like telekinesis.

A dictatorship known as the Sphere wishes to own all the pieces of the Earth that remain. They enforce their power by controlling all the water that remains. They are led by an elite group of Seijins, one of them being Oslo. There is a legend about a Lady of Light, who will unify the Earth once again. This Lady of Light will be the strongest of all Seijin, and she will be aided in unifying the Earth by an unknown man. That is the prophecy. Oslo believes he will be this man, and waits hundred of years for the Lady of Light to be born, so he can help her reform the Earth and rule it.

In the year 2300, Lena and her brother Mahad are born. The story follows their adventures. Lena is a Seijin, and a very, very powerful one at that. Despite being only 11 or 12, she has power that rivals Oslo. Her and her non-Seijin brother Mahad are both part of the rebel resistance which fight against the Sphere. They look for their mother and father, both of whom were resistance leaders. Their mother was captured by the Sphere, and their father has been missing for a decade. Will they find them? What about this Lady of Light and the Sphere's conquest for power?

So, what're your favourites, everyone?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Re: Favourite non-America/Japan TV Shows

I have been to the future and all this thread ends up being is a list of British comedies.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqgu8EgHL8 (save them while they're still up)

Coming soon to an American telly near you.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

haha that first show looks awesome, now i wanna see it.

I don't watch too much TV these days, but the new Dr. Who is old, olddd British science fiction, and both Stargate SG:1 and Atlantis are Canadian in production and filming.

trailer park boys.. woo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Favorite non-America/Japan TV Shows

Oh, also forgot to mention Kenny Vs. Spenny. Fuck that show owns.

Edit: Its about these two guys who also have comptetitions with each other, like who can go the longest with an octopus on their head, etc. Whoever loses has to preform a humilitation, whatever the winner declares. Kenny always cheats while Spenny always plays fair.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I would name many taiwan and hongkong shows but i bet no one cares at all here

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    i would though i haven't watched anything in the past year or so.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    Well pick one and say something, geez -_-

okies...
    Doctor Who, old and new
    Robin Hood
    Torchwood
    all those are BBC

As far as I am concerned, the new Doctor Who is the best show currently on television. Most of them are on stage6, and I HIGHLY suggest going in order.

^of course
    assuming you are up to date was the line in Ep 3x13 about the Face of Bo, the single most hilarious line ever?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    As far as I am concerned, the new Doctor Who is the best show currently on television. Most of them are on stage6, and I HIGHLY suggest going in order.
    Yeah the new Dr. Who was freakin sweet. The last season was crazy awesome.

i think the ring might be like the watch...

Atlasion

The new Dr. Who has been great. The last episodes was a bit disappointing.They seemed to just be bringing back old enemies as a sudden plot twist (the way they brough in Cybermen and Daleks) which got a bit boring. The episode "Blink" was just amazing though, probably my favourite out of the new ones.

Spaced was really good too. Can usually get a box set of both seasons for fairly cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCursedGatts
    ^of course
    assuming you are up to date was the line in Ep 3x13 about the Face of Bo, the single most hilarious line ever?
    I have seen every episode of the 3 most recent seasons, but I am confused as to which line you are talking about. Enlighten me please, perhaps with spoiler quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasion
    The new Dr. Who has been great. The last episodes was a bit disappointing.They seemed to just be bringing back old enemies as a sudden plot twist (the way they brough in Cybermen and Daleks) which got a bit boring. The episode "Blink" was just amazing though, probably my favourite out of the new ones.

Spaced was really good too. Can usually get a box set of both seasons for fairly cheap.
    Agreed, blink was one of the best episodes ever. So amazing. One thing I did not like from the new season though is how they introduced the fact that entrophy will eventually kill everything in the world, so technically, everything is in vain. Oh well, still an amazing season. I can´t wait to meet the new companion, though I think it will be hard to top Rose.

Anyone else agree that David Tennant is like, the best Doctor ever? He is just so awesome yet so badass when he needs to be.

Atlasion

I didnt like Rose much. Her mouth was too big.

David Tennant is really good as The Doctor, I hope they dont replace him soon.

The Christmas specials are usually good. So at least thats something to look forward to.

SPOILERS!!!

the part where captain jack said they used to call him the face of bo

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster
    trailer park boys.. woo
    YES.

Also, Extras (starring Ricky Gervais of U.K The Office fame) is fucking hysterical.