+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Re: Good/sad/bad ends to great games spoilers maybe

Shadow of the Colossus had a melancholic atmosphere, ending was sad though. I think they didn't even know each other ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Needed more "Tidus" and less "him" "you" "you-know-who" crap...
    I think they refrained from using Tidus' name for the people who actually changed his name in FFX. He was the only person who you could name. SO I guess to have a feel that it was a sequel to "your story" (game), they left the name as "you" etc.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I found it, the perfect ending to Suikoden II. If you played the game and didn't or don't ever plan on getting this ending I highly suggest you watch it, or even if you just wanna check it out;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGOldK93eU0

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Ending to Lufia 2.
    Hands down the saddest/most touching ending to any RPG I've ever played.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Shadow of the Colossus had a depressing ending, I picked it up for $15 at EB a few weeks ago and finally got around to beating it last night.
    Had forgotten about that one, there so many classic PS2 games ive missed out on.

*Shakes fist at SE*

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I never understood why they let you name him. Does anyone actually care about naming their character?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Final Fantasy VI, specifically Shadow's ending scene in Kefka's tower.

The ending to Secret of Mana was pretty sad to me when I played as a kid, the part where Sprite is just sitting alone at the end.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I never understood why they let you name him. Does anyone actually care about naming their character?
    Who knows, but it completely ruined FFX and FFX-2 for me.. like okay, right after Yuna/Tidus kiss, they go back to the rest of the party and Yuna starts naming all the party members, but since she can't say "Tidus", she completely ignores him... I thought that was pretty stupid. ("Auron, Lulu, Kimahri, Wakka, Rikku... we leave at dawn"... it's like, are you kidding me? lol..)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Who knows, but it completely ruined FFX and FFX-2 for me.. like okay, right after Yuna/Tidus kiss, they go back to the rest of the party and Yuna starts naming all the party members, but since she can't say "Tidus", she completely ignores him... I thought that was pretty stupid. ("Auron, Lulu, Kimahri, Wakka, Rikku... we leave at dawn"... it's like, are you kidding me? lol..)
    If you didn't name him did the cast actually say his name? I found it weird that they let you name a character in a game that has voice acting in it. But I guess they were still getting used to using voices full time in RPGs (the only other place I heard voices were battles from SO) so that may have been a stupid oversight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They wanted to keep it FF-style I suppose, but yeah they didn't think it through... and no they didn't say "Tidus" even if you kept his name, which is how all the "Tee-dus"/"Tie-dus" arguments surfaced once KH1/2 came out and actually used the name in different ways. (in KH1 they refer to him as "Tie-dus" and in KH2 it's "Tee-dus"..)

mgs3 was sad ya. makes you wonder if bb will be in mgs4 at all, not in-person but mentioned or something. eva is in it yea?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Big Boss was the final boss of Metal Gear on the NES if I remember correctly, and Snake killed him. Solid and Liquid Snake are both clones of Big Boss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ending to Lufia 2.

seconded. Although it was a sad ending, it was a good one. it brought what appeared to be closure, until Lufia I story began. Right now im playing the lufia series over again. and playing Lufia II then I it really starts showing how the story seemed to flow so well into one another, even though its seperated by 100 years.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    Ending to Lufia 2.

seconded. Although it was a sad ending, it was a good one. it brought what appeared to be closure, until Lufia I story began. Right now im playing the lufia series over again. and playing Lufia II then I it really starts showing how the story seemed to flow so well into one another, even though its seperated by 100 years.
    Even though the game sucked. The 3rd one for the GBC closed the series quite well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I actually liked the one for GBC. Although the randomness of each dungeon floor did get annoying at times, it eventually just became routine later in the game and you hardly notice it at all.

The story was great because literally any town your in has some sort of plot to it, whereas with Lufia 1 there were alot of useless towns that you dont do much other than rest at the inn.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    I actually liked the one for GBC. Although the randomness of each dungeon floor did get annoying at times, it eventually just became routine later in the game and you hardly notice it at all.

The story was great because literally any town your in has some sort of plot to it, whereas with Lufia 1 there were alot of useless towns that you dont do much other than rest at the inn.
    Yeah, I'll agree with that I guess. Now that I think about it I enjoyed it more then the first.

Final Fantasy IX Ending has been my favourite of all time, thus far

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth
    Xenosaga III's ending is my favorite of all time... easily. Had said Lufia 2... but that was for the saddest ending hehe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth
    Xenosaga III's ending is my favorite of all time... easily
    Same. But you really have to play the other two games first to get yourself caught up in the experience... simply reading about the first two games, as detailed as the database is, is still not the same.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Bahamut Lagoon has one of the most depressing endings of any game I've ever played. I won't elaborate too much for those who haven't played it, but it was really depressing.

Agree on Suikoden 2 "Normal" ending. "Reminiscence" is a strong piece of music as well.