[Asura] Braanu (bc)

Braanu
    Jobs at 75: BRD, THF, WAR, PLD, NIN, RDM, BLM, BST, RNG, SAM

Prz to give any info/dirt!

Danke!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: [Asura] Braanu (bc)

Ask and you shall receive. I only know a little bit through the grapevine about this guy but I'm sure Asura people will be here shortly to fill you in, in great detail.

Well, on killingifrit forums he consistently behaved like an idiot. Between his claiming moral high-ground while knowing full well his linkshell's botting and his items obtained through that botting (a botting that no one really cared about - it really was just self-serving), his constant attempts to sell Stylet with its "hidden Treasure Hunter", and his random flames that lacked standards of grammar and structure, he was knighted quickly with the "lolbraanu" tag. I don't think he's such a horrible person as much as a pesky annoyance who isn't the smartest kid on the block. His reputation certainly preceded him when anyone referenced his skill as a player, however I'm not sure how much is perception and how much is reality – I believe that I've never been with him in a party or real HNM situation. Maybe some older Machina, Manaburn and/or Precedence members - or hell, people who have been in a party with him - can provide more information regarding his skill as a player – I can only attest to the parts of his personality he showed through his posts and the notorious reputation that, at the very least, seems firmly cemented.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have known Braanu quite awhile now and honestly at first we didn’t get along at all. I always thought the same as most about him with his KI post in the past. However after joining Machina with him about 9 months ago I got to know him pretty well not only as a player but as a person as well.

Very skilled player on all his jobs 1st and foremost whom most don’t realize because of his past post on KI which as well is a thing of the past. I have been in numerous parties with him in EXP/Merit, HNM, Wyrms and pretty much everything else.

He rarely missed a LS event and as well joined my Dynamis LS (Fellowship) a few months back and never missed a single run. Was definitely one of my closest friends in this game and someone I will surely miss seeing around.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Braanu is a great guy, idc what others think...we were in the same LS for years together...he knows the game and would be an asshat....i mean an asset to any LS...

wait what am i saying deny him so he comes back to Asura.... j/k

Caitlin

I used to be a bit afraid of Braanu 'cause I've heard rumors from KI, but he's never been anything but kind and helpful in the time I've known him. He's very honest and straightforward, which might ruffle people's feathers a bit, but he's an exceptional player and really knows his stuff. One of the best brd, war, thf I know and pretty damned good on his other jobs, too. Well, I've never seen him on his pld or nin, actually. ^^;

I very much recommend him. He'll consistently attend events if he can and has a great drive to better himself and his game.

i dont really know him myself, because ive never been in contact with him directly myself, but what Palo said above is pretty much my view of this player. from what i remember of the drama back in the day, he botted his lot on the ridill he owns (i think thats the biggest thing.. tbh im not sure, its been a while).

but as i said before, i dont really know him myself, just what i remember / gather from posts / heard / what have you. take my post as you will, but im gunna side with Palo on this guy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i don't remember exactly how i got to know braanu and became friends with him. sometimes you know of certain people but you don't really know them personally. then you share an exp/merit party or bump into each other at a HNM a couple of times and eventually you get to know each other. i was leveling my 60ish nin with him back in the day and everyone was trying to outdo each other. i busted out a 1005 blade: jin and he calls me mr. 1005 every time he sees me-that's my pet name from him. we were never in the same linkshell-only until recently when we were in the same dynamis linkshell. what we had in common was our playing the game for a while and our similar interest in the end-game/hardcore player scene. his jobs, skills, gear, etc., are a given. i'm sure he's able to meet any end-game linkshell's high standards and that he also has high standards for the linkshell he wishes to join. there is at least one cheater/botter in every linkshell but i wouldn't let one bad grape be an example of the whole vineyard (or whatever the expression is). as for killingifrit, who isn't an idiot on there? i usually just browse for info and try to stay away from the server forum. i'm sad to see him go but anyway, you're my boy blue!

Braanu, awesome guy, has alot of jobs, seems to know his stuff on all of them. He's been my friend for a very long time and i'm proud of it. He's a great guy and any Linkshell is lucky to have him. Sad to see him leave Asura

There will allways be some one on your server who has something against you, no one is perfect. After playing a game for 4 years there will be people who dislike you unless you are a saint. As for Braanu , if there is anyone i'm positive that does not bot it is him. If some one in his LS at the time botted a Fafnir for his Ridill i dont know and dont care.

He seems to be very loyal to whichever linkshell he is in as Bestovian pointed out. Before he was in Fellowship he was in my Dynamis Linkshell, DreamlandDynamis. He was very good at mpking everyone and pulling a ton of links pulling in dynamis, and never missed a run. And we had a ton of laughs and good times back then.

There are plusses and minuses to Braanu.

I won't deny he's a good player and has a decent head on his shoulders. He's extremely anti-cheat, but has been a longtime member in a shell with an extremely questionable history with cheats, so you have to wonder how much he practices what he preaches.

On the other hand, he's a bit prone to drama and lets his mouth run sometimes. After he lost lot fair and square on the bard legs in Xarc in my dynamis LS, he accused us of "wasting AF2" and quit in a cloud of drama, quite oblivious of the fact that at that point in time, he had received 3 or 4 more pieces than anyone else in the shell, an irony not lost on everyone.

There was also the whole "stylet has treasure hunter" thing, where he got a stylet and swore he'd never sell it, only to attempt to offload it for 60 mil after hyping how good it was for a month.

Edit:
    I'd also say that he was extremely good with attendance and did his job well in Dynamis, so if you look beyond KI friction, he's definitely worth giving a chance.

Banned.

BG Level

This guy's your textbook jerk, all one needs to do is read some of his Ki posts so see why so many people despise him. From lying about his th+5 stylet(a sad attempt to jack up the price) to his cavalier attitude about his linkshell's obvious botting, it's a little wonder that lolbrannu became a staple insult in the aery.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He's extremely anti-cheat, but has been a longtime member in a shell with an extremely questionable history with cheats, so you have to wonder how much he practices what he preaches.
    Aurik is being extremely generous by labeling it "questionable". Many ex-members have admitted and documented their use of hacks; from linkshell to ventrilo conversations the fact that members in Machina used cheats to obtain claims has been accepted by everyone except Braanu. The sticking point isn't the actual criticism that Machina cheated (as most did in that era) more than the irony in his global campaign to criticize anyone - some deserving, others less so - who used so much as archbell's windower. Again, I don't think he's a bad guy or player, just illogical and outspoken - a sometimes lolworthy combination, but not necessarily a tragic one.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Braanu has made a lot of friends and a lot of enemies. He is an opinionated player, who cares a lot about the game and a lot about the advancement of his linkshell and his toon. I think that a lot of the problems that people have had with him is that he will say what's on his mind, whether or not it clashes with someone else's views.

I have been acquainted with Braanu for a long time, before he really played anything other than thief. I liked him a lot when I met him. He cracked me up, and he was a skilled player. When I joined Machina, way later, he had just joined. I've spent a lot of time with him, and there's no doubt that he is seriously invested in the game. If you are looking for a reliable player who cares, he won't let you down. There's no doubt about that. He has a top war, bard, and puts a lot of effort into all his jobs.

He's been my friend for a while, and most of the time I've agreed with his opinions because they have been based on advancing in some way. Most of the drama that has come his way has been a result of issues that have been blown entirely out of proportion through the wonders of KI and word of mouth. He's not malicious, and I think he's had to defend himself against a lot of bullshit, albeit some of the accusations might have been deserved. Bottom line, he's passionate about what he does, and he is an asset to any group that wants to advance and do things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm going to have to agree with Auriks whole post, if you can ignore the whole KI bullshit and some of the other things that I find bad personal qualities and you just want someone with a bunch of jobs leveled that will attend shit go for it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lolbraanu, a funny thing I remember about him is he said on KI publically that if he ever found out that anything of his items were obtained by botting, he'd toss them on the spot.

Former LS member then admitted to botting his ridill, guess what he didn't toss!

He has a billion jobs, I ended contact with him on a bad note when he wouldn't stop bitching about his AF2 that he lost lot on (fair and square to the rules). He was a giant hypocrite, he lost lot to AF2 on someone who was lower level than him, yet anytime AF2 went into the pool on a job of his that was 60, despite the fact 75s were lotting, he'd always send me tells asking if he's able to lot.
    When he left, he said all the AF2 manaburn gets, goes to waste, which I found hilarious because he left with 11 or so peices of AF2, to this day one of the highest amounts for a single person to have gotten in manaburn.

People call me a gear whore, I'm nothing compared to him imo, have fun with him. He may seem friendly at first but just wait till he gets nice and comfy! Good riddance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I always found him to be quite pompous.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    I don't think anybody can deny that Braanu is rather pompous. Buuuuut, is it enough to make me not like the guy? Nah.

Yeah, Braanu is a pompous ass sometimes -- But he's a very good player, he knows all his jobs through and through, and I'd trust him to do them. He has a rather abrasive personality, admittedly, but it's kinda love or hate. It just seems you've mostly gotten the "hate" side of it here from the posts.

He's a good guy, but he can rub people the wrong way.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    I don't think anybody can deny that Braanu is rather pompous. Buuuuut, is it enough to make me not like the guy? Nah.

Yeah, Braanu is a pompous ass sometimes -- But he's a very good player, he knows all his jobs through and through, and I'd trust him to do them. He has a rather abrasive personality, admittedly, but it's kinda love or hate. It just seems you've mostly gotten the "hate" side of it here from the posts.

He's a good guy, but he can rub people the wrong way.
    I personally think the peace of a LS makes or breaks you. Bringing in someone who is knowlingly hard to deal with/abrasive or an all around pain in the ass is counterproductive, imo.

hes been cool ppls to me, hes an ok guy

Naddaha

I can't even imagine what it would be like if we all judged people by what they were like on KI.

I was a little worried about being in the same LS as Braanu because of his rep on KI, but honestly, he was one of the first friends I made in the LS. He's got an immense knowledge of the game, plays all of his jobs with a skill level not many have, remains calm in hectic situations, and can be trusted to regularly attend events.

Any LS would be lucky to have him.