Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lebros Supplies question.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Lebros Supplies question.

This is from what I have heard, the hardest of all the Assaults. But most groups go with 3 and we normally go with 6.

The question I have is just how hard are the crawlers to kill? Say we just kill one or two to make things easier, is that doable? Or are they just going to one shot everyone?

Re: Lebros Supplies question.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    This is from what I have heard, the hardest of all the Assaults. But most groups go with 3 and we normally go with 6.

The question I have is just how hard are the crawlers to kill? Say we just kill one or two to make things easier, is that doable? Or are they just going to one shot everyone?
    They won't one-shot everyone, but they'll take ~5 minutes to kill probably. Considering that time is the most important factor, even when people are running around with groups of 6 and 5 pairs of powder boots each, that probably won't fly.

I think its easier just to have someone with +movement speed to kite every single crawler in the zone so aggro isn't a problem for anyone else. When I did this mission a NIN kited and he could still move supplies while kiting 20 crawlers.

the one time i won that assault, we filled up supplies on the southwest corner, avoiding aggro till they were done. then our rdm trained the lot of the crawlers over to that corner and died there. they milled back at an extremely languid pace, thus leaving us unmolested for the remainder of the run.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

We had a NIN with +movement start training all of the crawlers while we started on the SW NPCs. By the time he had rounded them all up, moved them to the SW corner, and died, we had finished (or nearly finished) with those NPCs, and the crawlers move back so slowly that there was plenty of time to tractor+raise the NIN so he could help with supplies too.

The most important thing with this assault is that you coordinate who is doing which NPC (distinguish them by their shield) in which location. Avoiding wasted effort is what lets you win.