BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lord of Onzozo

Move this to Newbie forums if you deem it so, have searched around but have not found an answer to my specific query:

I have been camping LoO for the past week. I kill PHs the entire time while I am there, and I afk right next to the spawn while I am working. I keep all filters off and use the conquest tallies to count backwards for ToD within 1 hour. For the past 56 hours I have been within filter range of the LoO spawn non-stop; killing PHs for 3-4 hours at a time after work; LoO has not spawned once. Before I go to bed, I leave the last PH up. Even it LoO had popped, it's 1) difficult to drag it anywhere and 2) I would see something in the log, an RA, Dia, Shadow loss, etc. I've asked around about others who have camped it, but the issue is that since the Kraken Club patch, none of them have experience with LoO going this long (since it was camped / killed instantly prior).

Does anyone know what is up? If you let the PH stay up beyond LoO's prescribe 6+ hour window, does the timer just reset for 18-24+ hours again? This is seriously driving me nuts.

Re: Lord of Onzozo

welcome to lotto pops

sometimes they really can suck that bad

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Its not hard to move it. Bst can solo it with Toramas, whilst moving it to Ose camp. And yeah, its also a lotto pop. I spent 16 hours camping it before it popped, and I had the ToD.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Difficult to move it? Whatthefuck? I've pulled LoO pretty far before because I claimed solo and was waiting on my mages. Got it to Mystic's room when I met up with them. He's not hard to move. Also, yes Lotto's can suck ass. You prolly just missed it get killed though.

Xavier

Even if it was pulled out of his log to die, there would still be some indication of it being claimed I imagine. Unless it aggros. I don't know, I never saw a LoO unclaimed long enough to find out.

(Insert comment about hoping player enjoys attacking 2-8 times for two parties while leveling up)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    (Insert comment about hoping player enjoys attacking 2-8 times for two parties while leveling up)
    Unless DRK is your first job, there is no reason to level it pass 72 if you have an octave club. They will come pretty close to lv75 krakken drk, and HNM zerg is probably the only place where you will use it anyway

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DRK stopping @72, so it will be enjoyed until an untimely delevel, then relevel shortly thereafter.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What a terrible idea. Have fun being gimp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why do so many people hate on the octave club? Have you ever even seen someone use it? Cant think of any other free weapon that can put out the damage it does for a zerg fight.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gimp compared to the 1% of DRKs out there who have real Krakens? The horror...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang
    DRK stopping @72, so it will be enjoyed until an untimely delevel, then relevel shortly thereafter.
    You mean you would have to keep a buffer? Good thing you don't have to do that at 75...

Quote Originally Posted by Naygor
    Gimp compared to? Octave club on lv72 DRK is better than ridill/mercurial dagger on lv 75 DRK. The only thing that will outperform it is a krakken club at 75, something that is much harder to get your hand on.
    Bahamut Zaghal is probably slightly better, but it's a pain in the ass to execute. Krakken/octave on the other hand are always good, even if there isnt a brd around to 2h or if you don't have the perfect gears.

Again, if it's your first or second jobs, getting it to 75 is more important, but most drk won't see any actions unless it's for a souleater zerg.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Again, if it's your first or second jobs, getting it to 75 is more important, but most drk won't see any actions unless it's for a souleater zerg.
    Thankfully, most things can be zerged, so yay DRK ^^

You definitely lose out things being at 72.. but I'm sure someone could easily parse Octave owning Ridill or Merc Kris drks. If it's a secondary job, 72 seems fine.

I definitely wouldn't do it, because DRK is a main job to me. But, as I only have a kris atm, it saddens me a 72 drk can outzerg me >.>

Edit Fun fact: sub DRG, at level 72, you could achieve 22% haste...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The only thing a 72 DRK is really hurt by is that he got no access to Dark Seal - couple of HP missing right there.

Other than that... often I see people around wearing Kraken clubs showing off on their char while the rest of their gear is total suck - Id prefer the Octave Club there.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I got octave just to level drk. Yes camping that thing was a pain in the ass and the droprate is for sure the same as the kraken ,but 90% of the time it seemed to pop 16-24 ^^

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

i thought it was better to be 75 (and kraken) due to the fact you wear homam and other good HP gear / combos ?

Kraken Style w/o Muted Soul might be pretty short fun 8)

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

All I can say is GL on the drop. My friend is 0/50something on it now. He camps that squid religiously. lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    I got octave just to level drk. Yes camping that thing was a pain in the ass and the droprate is for sure the same as the kraken ,but 90% of the time it seemed to pop 16-24 ^^
    I dunno, I went 1/4 on it, but then again could just be my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Difficult to move it? Whatthefuck? I've pulled LoO pretty far before because I claimed solo and was waiting on my mages. Got it to Mystic's room when I met up with them. He's not hard to move. Also, yes Lotto's can suck ass. You prolly just missed it get killed though.
    how recently? I thought they added draw in to him and you can't pull him out of his pond

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Budonez
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    I dunno, I went 1/4 on it, but then again could just be my luck.

I went 1/1 on Kraken Club - its droprate seems pretty good, but then again could just be my luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast