Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Nyzul Isle Assault question

I'm putting together a static for Nyzul Isle and have a few questions that i cant seem to find an answer to.

1. If you have floor 75 cleared on your disk (random floor), can you pick any floor to go back to to farm gear? Or do you need have several people all with different disks. One saved at 16 for feet, one at 36 for legs etc...?

2. When you want to farm level 20 for Feet pieces; after item drops, do you let timer run out so out you fail assault so you can go back to 16 and head back to 20? Or do you exit assault by rune without saving?

3. Do you earn xp from kills?

Thanks for any help

Cay

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: Nyzul Isle Assault question

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman
    I'm putting together a static for Nyzul Isle and have a few questions that i cant seem to find an answer to.

1. If you have floor 75 cleared on your disk (random floor), can you pick any floor to go back to to farm gear? Or do you need have several people all with different disks. One saved at 16 for feet, one at 36 for legs etc...?

2. When you want to farm level 20 for Feet pieces; after item drops, do you let timer run out so out you fail assault so you can go back to 16 and head back to 20? Or do you exit assault by rune without saving?

Thanks for any help

Cay
    1. You can pick any floor to go back to.

2. No, you can go out, get the win, and then farm floor 20 as much as you like as long as your rune holder has the tokens for it.

3. Yes.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quick response. Thank you very much^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman

Thanks for any help

Cay
    1. You can pick any floor to go back to.

2. No, you can go out, get the win, and then farm floor 20 as much as you like as long as your rune holder has the tokens for it.

3. Yes.
    slight nitpick. you can choose any floor that's 1 more than a multiple of 5 (5*n+1) eg, you could pick floor 16 to start on if you wanted to farm shoes and climb 16-20, finishing with a boss fight. you could not, for example, start at 20, kill the boss, then climb up, farming the 21+ series of floors, not having fought 16-19 that run. hope that helps (or even makes sense.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've have been trying these for some time but with out much luck no matter if i'm with friends or with people for hell of it cant seem to get very far, however I would like to try and start a static for this. My qu is what type of set up works well? like what jobs? All mages / All dd ect. I know that when you get to the floors 20 30 ect. you have to fight weaker versions of HNM but do u need people who can be pld or nin or are wars and mnks able to tank these gods? sorry for the noob qu but trying to find ways to get back into ffxi and figured this would be somthing that might help me. I've looked around the forums trying to get an idea of what jobs are good for this but sadly haven't come across any such postings for Nyzul Isle

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

A merit pt will be fine from floor 1-100.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ok thanks, i thought that the merit type would probably work for the normal floors but it was the HNM fights that i was little worried about but they weak enough that /nin's can tank then?

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah.. nothing up until floor 80 should give you any trouble at all.

Floor 80 Cerb and motherfucking dirty hydra can be pains.. but still doable.

... fucking hydra.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lol i bet Cerb is a pain... does it still do GoH like true form does?

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

No.. he just likes to spam magma hoplon.. which slows things down to an annoying pace, but he's still very much so beatable assuming you have X amount of time when you see him.

Khims a joke.

Fucking HYDRA however is a whore.

A) I cannot damage him for shit, outside of oracles/assasins or ES nuking.

b) the head you knock off first is the goddamn magic immunity shield head.

So when you invariably knock it off near the end of the fight, the goddamn thing spams his melee shield, making him for all intensive purposes invincible, unless you have saved up all your TP and drinks etc for that last little bit.

I dunno.. I just hate the fact that I'm not useful at all when that bastard pops up.

Well, outside of stunning, curing and status effect removal of course

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lotmorning
    My qu is what type of set up works well? like what jobs? All mages / All dd ect.
    Yeah meleeburn setups tend to work best, but really any "standard" party will work with competent people. My group has a MNK/NIN tank (who is also a PLD and NIN, so tanking experience) with BLU and SAM (THF for lolTH4 for bosses), and we have BRD (me) RDM and BLM who all sub WHM. This seems to be the best setup for us, even though we all have a lot of jobs we could change to. I'd recommend having BRD + RDM combo, as there is a good amount of mobs that resist one or the others' spells (like BRD sleeping undead and birds, RDM dispeling/sleeping frogs, etc.) so nice to have it all covered.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

first off thank you all for the speedy replies. Cause as i said haven't seen much on job postings for Nyzul Isle cept a few posts that spoke of Blu burn, but dont know that many blu's for this (though did go get that Storm Fife incase brd was needed over mnk lol) Hopefully will be able to set up a static now for this and get back into the game
    2nd. glad to hear that cerb doesnt do GoH, though that might make fight more challenging lol.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by lotmorning
    lol i bet Cerb is a pain... does it still do GoH like true form does?
    They only use Nerve Gas/GoH/Fulm on floor 100 IIRC.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

that's what everything I have heard states.

We are still farming through 20-80.. so I guess we will find out in a bit.

New Merits
    BG Level

Nyzul Runs seem like mini-CoP missions, in that trust, communication, quick thinking, and utilizing your assets are key to winning.

You want to "cut the fat" out of your time as much as possible, so any jobs that can explore, pull, and stall mobs in a relatively self-sufficient manner are great. A main tank is a good idea, but jobs like THF and BLU can certainly solo most of the EP-DC stuff if doing so would save travel time.

It's usually best if your disk holder has Flee or some move speed item since they'll often have to make a snap judgment between staying to help fight or returning to the rune.

If you get "eliminate all enemies" in multiple directions, it's good to train them all back to the rune and sleep them.
    If you get specified enemy, specified enemies, or enemy leader, you often have to navigate through a maze of time-waster mobs. In these cases, a RDM can often do a "Ungur/Amikiri placeholder" type Bind pull then stealth back to the group at the rune. Nothing is worse than half of the group engaging the target while the other half is desperately trying to sleep a giant train they collected on the way.

If gears are absolutely positively in the way on a "avoid detection" floor, then pull with ranged weapon or Elegy and kill quickly. If it's a "do not kill" floor, try to keep them slept the entire time. Fighting them can get time consuming.

On lamp floors, everyone should sneak/invis at the start. If you get aggro, don't stop and fight--just catch up with someone who can sleep it. Nothing shakes off aggro as well as clearing the floor.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Loren
    It's usually best if your disk holder has Flee or some move speed item since they'll often have to make a snap judgment between staying to help fight or returning to the rune.
    or you could y'know, send your brd or thf back to rune. the disc holder doesn't have to operate the rune.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odd
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren
    or you could y'know, send your brd or thf back to rune. the disc holder doesn't have to operate the rune.
    Agreed. We usually have the RDM do it. He debuffs the last mob (if necessary), refreshes the people who need it and heads back to the rune with W. Legs before the mob is half dead.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We usually use a 4-frontline 2-backline (WHM BRD) setup for this, but interestingly last night we ended up with a 3:3 setup instead, NIN SAM BLU (or RNG) WHM RDM BRD, and it worked really well. So either the typical NA or JP-style merit setups seem to work fine.

Best if you know the other folks in the party pretty well for these missions, I don't think I'd do them in a pickup since it needs a lot of communication and familiarity with how the other members tend to do things.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade
    We usually use a 4-frontline 2-backline (WHM BRD) setup for this, but interestingly last night we ended up with a 3:3 setup instead, NIN SAM BLU (or RNG) WHM RDM BRD, and it worked really well. So either the typical NA or JP-style merit setups seem to work fine.

Best if you know the other folks in the party pretty well for these missions, I don't think I'd do them in a pickup since it needs a lot of communication and familiarity with how the other members tend to do things.
    My static ran with 3 mages the whole way. BRD WHM RDM THF WAR WAR. Basically WHM watches the WARs, and everyone else pulls mobs into the path of e.bodies and ridills.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My static is BLU WAR MNK THF WHM RDM and haven't had much of a problem.. and the BB MNK says BLU is broken in Nyzul.