Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Quick question about cooking key items.

Friend of mine is trying to convince me that SquareEnix recently announced the introduction of two new cooking GP key items (that should take place with the new version update scheduled for the end of August) that would be released so that players could synthesize some new supposedly advanced kinds food that, in my friend's words, are going to replace Sushi and Spaghetti in melee and tanks diet...and he's actually looking forward for these key items and started saving GPs again despite being 100++ cooking since Adam and Eve.

So, is this rumor true or not, I haven't heard anything about it honestly but I might've just missed it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Quick question about cooking key items.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain
    Friend of mine is trying to convince me that SquareEnix recently announced the introduction of two new cooking GP key items (that should take place with the new version update scheduled for the end of August) that would be released so that players could synthesize some new supposedly advanced kinds food that, in my friend's words, are going to replace Sushi and Spaghetti in melee and tanks diet...and he's actually looking forward for these key items and started saving GPs again despite being 100++ cooking since Adam and Eve.

So, is this rumor true or not, I haven't heard anything about it honestly but I might've just missed it.
    None have been announced so far. Either your friend has a an inside source, read an interview that no one else has seen, or he is insane.

And I wouldn't hold my breath about new key items being good. I'm still sore from "Stewpot Mastery". "Patissier" is no great shakes either. >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Quick question about cooking key items.

It sounds like a load of BS to me. What could they even add that would obsolete Sushi/Pasta? Here's some Alla-fic:
    Code:
    Eye of Newt:
    Accuracy +100, STR+7, DEX+7, VIT+7, CHR+7, Resist Poison

Stromboli:
    HP+450, VIT+20, Attack+35%, Def+35%
    Somehow I don't see that happening.

I didn't bother getting Stewpot Mastery, which was an obvious flop. Nobody even knows what the hell an Angler Stewpot does a year or more after it's release.

But Pattisier was alright imho. I made a buttload of money on Seraph's Kisses I synthed from the Snoll Arms that dropped while leveling SMN solo off them. Idiots paid 450k/stack for them at one point. If they added something with decent hMP and some INT it would be a decent Manaburn option at least. Making Baking Soda available somehow wouldn't hurt either. >.>