Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The Bourne Ultimatum

I am going to see this tonight, it has gotten amazing reception. Anyone else a fan of the Bourne movies and checking this out?

E. Body
    BG Level

Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Watching it @ 10 tonight, can't wait.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Tickets for tonight are waiting at home, I hope it's good ^^

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I watched the other two and own the second one, I think they are good movies but I'll wait to see what you guys say from seeing it before I go out of my way to go to a movie theater to watch it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I hope they fixed that horrible zoom in on the fight scene so you can't tell wtf is going on siht.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just got home from it, it is an awesome movie, I dont usually like to spoil things but..
    One quote that i foresee getting many lulz is: Uhh.. sir, he just drove off the roof.

Also, anyone that wants to wait and see it on dvd or whatever: DONT!
    The experience in the theater is so much different than on your average home entertainment system, i have watched the first two in the theater and then on TV, they almost sucked on TV because the suspense that the sound adds was lost.

One of the preview trailers was for national treasure 2... woot >.>?

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh my fucking GOD I could not believe the fight with Desh, best fucking scene in the entire movie. It doesn't get more intense than punching someone in the fucking throat with a book.

Was an awesome movie, definitely should check it out in the theater.

Xavier

Saw it earlier today, loved it. I love the Bourne series, serious spy movies, awesome action.

Theres something close to pure joy at watching a man absolutely fking own everyone for 2 hours. And yes, "He just drove off the roof" was hilarious.

I'll see it, then read the book, just so I don't spend the entire time griping during the movie how horribly unfaithful it's bound to be to the book. Identity and Supremacy had almost nothing similar to the book, Supremacy (movie) doesn't even take place on the correct continent for christ's sake. I'm still excited for it though

Seriously, if you loved the movies, read the books, they blow the movies out of the water.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kametatsu
    Seriously, if you loved the movies, read the books, they blow the movies out of the water.
    As does pretty much any other film series that I've come across for the most part

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I read all 3 books and have seen the first 2 movies, I think that they were done decently compared to the movie although I think the third one is the easiest one to convert into a movie script. Im still very excited to see it because Ioved the series, even if the first two movies didnt live up to the movie they were still fun to watch.

Xavier

Why bother to compare these movies to the books when they have little in common? Beyond the titles, they deviate quite a lot.

I just look at the movies as their own universe, and really enjoy them. I could watch an endless supply of this series, and I really hope Matt Damon does another movie. He said he wasn't going to continue with the character, but the movie has gotten great reviews and I suspect will make a ton of money.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Oh my fucking GOD I could not believe the fight with Desh, best fucking scene in the entire movie. It doesn't get more intense than punching someone in the fucking throat with a book.
    You rang??

No, but seriously. That fight scene was I N S A N E! That lack of music or any other noise than what was visually on screen was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Why bother to compare these movies to the books when they have little in common? Beyond the titles, they deviate quite a lot.

I just look at the movies as their own universe, and really enjoy them. I could watch an endless supply of this series, and I really hope Matt Damon does another movie. He said he wasn't going to continue with the character, but the movie has gotten great reviews and I suspect will make a ton of money.
    Fair enough, but the way I look at it, if they're gonna share the exact same title as the novels, they should at least contain more of the storyline elements other than the names of characters. I still think the movies are great action films, I just wish there would be a little more faitfulness to the books, that's all.

I can understand why they didn't use the original storylines, kinda, seeing as Bourne never really was one to get into high speed chases, his style was one of finesse and not being seen... not running from cops, and causing ridiculous amounts of collateral damage. But Bourne using the power of words, money, and of course the occasional kill doesn't make for a blockbuster film in the same sense that sensational high speed chases and shoot-out's do.

I still enjoy the movies, and I do agree they're great when viewed as a stand-alone type thing though. Just me wishing for a smidge more faitfulness, that's all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Saw it tonight. I loved it despite getting dizzy from all the camera shaking. I wish the would stop with that ><

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watched it tonight, drank in the parking lot after work and smuggled my own drinks into the theater. Well fucking worth it.Was kinds weird popping open a steel reserve after they fight scene but meh. Kinda wierd drinking and seeing the camera shake a lot but it was cool worked well how they did the action scenes. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I dare say one of the few perfect trilogies

Little Mother
    BG Level

I went and saw it last night with the guys, and we all agreed it was pretty amazing. The whole scene with Nikki Parsons and Desh and Bourne had you on the edge of your seat for over 20 minutes, I look back at it now and I remember myself keep saying to myself "Keep running Nikki, don't look back, Jason's gonna save you, you better not Shoot her Desh you fucking bastard..." it was awesome, and that fight was amazing. It was good to see Bourne fight someone that could match him.

One of my favorite parts of the movie is also the sniper shot at the beginning, guy gets owned so hard lol. And the Car crash scenes, I don't know how Bourne always manages to get out of those alive.

Damn Julia Stiles is adorable with short hair...

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    You rang??

No, but seriously. That fight scene was I N S A N E! That lack of music or any other noise than what was visually on screen was great!
    The Desh fight scene was amazing, and the buildup to it was just awesome. The entire foot-chase had some awesome music right up to Bourne flying through the window, at which point all the music cut-out and it was just him and Desh in a hand-to-hand fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kametatsu
    Fair enough, but the way I look at it, if they're gonna share the exact same title as the novels, they should at least contain more of the storyline elements other than the names of characters. I still think the movies are great action films, I just wish there would be a little more faitfulness to the books, that's all.
    Keep in mind, the Bourne books were a mixture of fiction and reality. The main antagonist was based on Ilich Ramírez Sánchez, aka Carlos the Jackal. That story worked nicely back in the 80s, since the real Jackal was still free. By the time the movies were being made, he had already been caught, tried, and sentenced to life in jail.

The movies themselves were updated to the present day, so some elements just wouldn't make much sense anymore, and others would need to be rewritten or changed. They could've kept the character in all the same, but they just removed him instead and reworked the story. And I think that the first movie basically meant the other two were going to have very different stories, since it wouldn't make much sense to follow book 2 and 3 when the story from movie 1 wasn't setup for it.

this show is getting absolutely stellar reviews across the board.

I don't recall any action/spy thriller movies getting 5 stars