Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

HQ Crystals and goldsmithing.

Hi, I recently just got my clothcraft to 60 with all key items and the glasses/weavers belt. I have about 100k left in GP and don't want to just trash it all when switching to level my main craft (gold). I've decided to just use the remaining GP to stock up on HQ crystals.

Anyways my main question is, what HQ crystals should I get/keep? I know certain ones like water won't have much use for goldsmithing. Any input would be appreciated since I'm kinda new to crafting.

Thanks

Re: HQ Crystals and goldsmithing.

Fire Earth Wind iirc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

thank you so much <3

thats alot of GP lol, might be better off lvling to 80 and then getting ur mog house item for kicks if it isnt too expensive

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well getting to 80 from 60 to just get the apron and furniture would be kinda wasteful, right? I mean its just a sub lol.

As for the crystals, would I need dark or light for anything like signing-wise?

Thanks again

Sometimes getting the +1 furniture for a sub will put you over a tier, dunno what that would be for Gold, just a thought if it wasnt so expensive

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm still kinda new to goldsmithing, would it be better if I had the fool's gold furniture item to get the bonus to gold skill instead of the gilt tapestry, which would enhance clothcraft skill (since you can only have one enhancement within moghouse).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

Quote Originally Posted by Kimitsu
    I'm still kinda new to goldsmithing, would it be better if I had the fool's gold furniture item to get the bonus to gold skill instead of the gilt tapestry, which would enhance clothcraft skill (since you can only have one enhancement within moghouse).
    Change according to what your crafting.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

manteel for an example.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

manteel for an example.
    I would say go with Cloth Item, because your at least 4-5 levels over the cap for gold, but none for cloth.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if you've made it to 60, you can make CC to 78 (all you would need to get your apron) quite easily. The only expensive stage will be black chocobo fletchings if you choose that route, and if your nation is #1 in Conquest, or you have a friend who is of the #1 nation, you can buy them relatively cheaply. That'll get you halfway. Then at least on most servers, 70-78 on Spider Web->Rainbow Thread->Rainbow Cloth is pure profit, even buying the spider webs from the AH. Just set your max price, and hold to it. So many get sold every day the price is somewhat mobile.

One major problem with CC and GS is that you have a head and body piece for both....meaning you can't ever have +2 on your body for one craft and +1 for the other, the way you can with a smithing (hands) and goldsmithing (head/body) for example. Thus the real question becomes what the worth of it is.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmm, I thought you can get the apron at 68 with GP.

Also, for making manteels. If my gold is 100+, and my cloth is 60. Woulden't cloth glasses and apron be useless since clothcraft is capped at 60? Or am I missing something lol.

68+rankup required to get apron for all crafts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is it 78 or 88 which you can get your craft's furniture? I tried looking on zam but found nothing =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is it 78 or 88 which you can get your craft's furniture? I tried looking on zam but found nothing =/

48/68/88 for the 3 items.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yup aurik quite right, and it makes the call to get 8 measly levels that much easier in my book if you already have the GP lying around.

Manteels would be worthless, and again I'd state the fact that you couldn't ever get +2 and +1 in wearable items at the same time as the biggest reason NOT to do it. I guess one reason might be a lowbie level item you could hit tier2 at 65 (60+2+3) with clothcraft and a goldsmithing sub...not that any comes to mind.

The reason I speak on this argument so much is that I spent my first 18 months ingame slowly leveling GS as a first craft (huge mistake) to finally give up at 57.0+1. I'm not 58.7+1, with a CC main of 88.7 (10k from first GP item). So I'm kind of in a reverse situation as the OP.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Also, for making manteels. If my gold is 100+, and my cloth is 60. Woulden't cloth glasses and apron be useless since clothcraft is capped at 60? Or am I missing something lol.
    as for my other question, doesen't your subcraft cap at 60 with 100 gold anyways? so wearing +1 clothcraft skill gear wont do anything right?
    edit: or does it go over the 60 cap as a sub when your main is 100?

as for my other question, doesen't your subcraft cap at 60 with 100 gold anyways? so wearing +1 clothcraft skill gear wont do anything right?
    edit: or does it go over the 60 cap as a sub when your main is 100?
    GP items affect your soft cap, which can go over 60 with gear/support. If you were wearing cloth spectacles and apron at 60 clothcraft (regardless of whether you were 100 goldsmithing), your soft cap would be 62 cloth.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'll go for the CC apron then, its only a few more levels away. As for the CC furniture, I think I'll pass lol.