+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    evilbau

Help evilbau get a free Wii!

I apologize if this is pretty self-serving, but I have been working on getting mycokerewards points for a little while now and could use all the help I could get. Below is what I posted to my blog, anyone who has extra points, all help would be appreciated.

One day, as I went about my work, I went to go get a Coke. I don’t drink very much soda, but sometimes I’m really in the mood for one. I had previously read about other people trying to accumulate mycokerewards points in the legendary thread on Fatwallet, where people post codes they aren’t using. Its sort of is like throwing chum into a tank of sharks. Here at work, we order 30 packs from Costco which are worth a lot of points. Instantly, I thought I could get these codes and get something out of it. The mycokerewards site has a Wii for 6250 points, which seemed perfect. Its a good reward since I’m a gamer for this little scheme. Truthfully, I could just go buy a Wii, and if I didn’t come up with this, I probably would have. Based on my original calculations in that first week, I would get enough points to get the Wii in a few months. Perfect.

After the first month, I realized my estimation of Coke/Diet Coke consumption was off. It would take 6 months, which would put me right up against the deadline. If something faltered (i.e. for a couple weeks the Diet Cokes shipped to us didn’t have point codes) I would come up short. I then sent emails and IMs to my friends and family to help in the effort. They have been very supportive and been getting me codes. Especially my ‘co-conspirator’ who has been getting 20 oz. caps by the bagful to help. At the current rate, I should have enough before the deadline: January 31, 2008.

I created a site to help facilitate point code donations at http://www.evilbau.com/coke/coke.php

To donate, just put your user name into the field (only used to keep track of who gives me what) and the point code. If you have the source (i.e. 12 Pack of Coke, 32 oz. Powerade) or if you can’t tell if a character is a 6 or a G, a K or an X, you can add it to the comment field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Help evilbau get a free Wii!

From other post:
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    BG. Providing sound Medical, Legal, and Psychological advice without a license since 2005.
    Lets fix it:
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    BG. Providing help for cheapass gamers since 2005.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If it was for a PS3 or a 360 elite I would understand (well, maybe not for a ps3 because that would just be dumb..), but for a Wii? it's not even expensive heh.

evilbau

Yeah, its more like I didn't buy a wii because there are no games out for it yet that I 'must' play. And once I figured out a scheme for coke points, i needed something to spend it on that would make it worth it to me. Don't really care to get a snowboard or hd dvd player. This is mostly just a fun side project with a free wii if i succeed.

I'm not really that cheap lol, this is just one of my manifestations of my entrepreneurial spirit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Makes sense heh..

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    If it was for a PS3 or a 360 elite I would understand (well, maybe not for a ps3 because that would just be dumb..), but for a Wii? it's not even expensive heh.
    It's for the principle, he started it and doesn't want his time invested to go to waste.

Kind of like how I felt when I found out I couldn't transfer my PS2 memory card over to PS3 without paying for the gimmick one use 25 dollar connecter to do so. lol

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

might as well do something with the points we aren't using i guess but who knows. i don't drink much coke anyways.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    Kind of like how I felt when I found out I couldn't transfer my PS2 memory card over to PS3 without paying for the gimmick one use 25 dollar connecter to do so. lol
    Heh,

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by killerx
    might as well do something with the points we aren't using i guess but who knows. i don't drink much coke anyways.
    thats the spirit

my brother tried to do something similar the first time they did the mycokerewards, but he failed horribly, he had no plan and only accumulated something like 180 points total. The way the reward points go, no regular person could get enough points just on their own (or even a family for that matter) to get anything good. Its as if these reward programs are designed to reward those who get points creatively. I heard about some people who pay off people who stock vending machines, but that just isn't my style.

Naver

Have you gotten any fake codes sent your way? Or do you check the codes periodically before submitting them to your totals?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Goto Mexican restaurants. They always give you bottled Coke to drink, and I'm sure they just throw everything in the recycling.

evilbau

The whole thing is database driven, so when you submit a code, I have a page which I use to approve the codes (add them to my account) and then I attach the point values to them. This is not directly linked to my mycokerewards account, basically I use this site to automate all the admin tasks associated with keeping track of who gives me what. Me, my brother, and my buddy are the ones at the top and we are sorta competitive about it. Of course they won't win because i get the 30 packs though haha

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerios
    Goto Mexican restaurants. They always give you bottled Coke to drink, and I'm sure they just throw everything in the recycling.
    good suggestion but i draw the line at dumpster diving lol

Anyone who is looking for a laugh should read this:
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/message ... adid=89106
    You may become a believer lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Is it any Coke product that has the points? Don't care much for Coke itself, but I'll give you points from Powerade. I'll pick some up tomorrow.

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden
    Is it any Coke product that has the points? Don't care much for Coke itself, but I'll give you points from Powerade. I'll pick some up tomorrow.
    yes. dasani, nestea, minute maid, powerade, vault, etc. all qualify. They should have the mycokerewards logo on them, and the code is 12 or 15 digits.

Get your own fucking cokes >( these are teh mine.

I'm kidding if I get any Ill send them your way

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki
    Get your own fucking cokes >( these are teh mine.

I'm kidding if I get any Ill send them your way
    thanks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Are they only on bottles?

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Are they only on bottles?
    no, 12, 24, 30 packs also. I got some off dasani cases also. those are worth a lot more points. bottles are only 3, 12 pack is 10, 24 pack is 20, 30 pack is 25 points. i mostly turn in the 30 packs.

You're like that guy on Real Genius that kept entering the Frito Lay contest and won a shitload of prizes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast