Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Over 60 Craft Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Over 60 Craft Question

Ok when a craft comes down from 100 your new craft eats the totals I get that. What if you bring 2 up over cap? Where does it take the point from?
    Cooking 99 Bone 61 Leather 51. I want to bring leather to 68. Should I drop bone for now as leather will eat that, or will it take it all out of cooking??

Anyone know? Sorry if this seems like a really noob question. Haven't been able to find a reliable answer.

Re: Over 60 Craft Question

I would guess it takes it out of the highest skill, but I haven't ever seen it tested.

Can i ask why you are doing this? ive never seen anyone do it is all, thx

Cooking 100 has been useless for me in nearly 2 years of having it.

So i'm going for Leather +2 and then finishing off Bone to 100.
    I don't want to break bone down if I don't need to.

ic, np ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

To my knowledge if you want to take leather to 68 it will drop cooking down to 91. Say you want to have 3 crafts higher then level 60, you can only add 40 levels to them

for example 70 leather 70 bone 80 cooking
    or 65 leather 75 bone 80 cooking

It will decrease your cooking because it is the highest level it will not penalize the bone. That is how i understand it atleast, dont count on me.

Sweet, sitting on a mule full of bonecraft synths that Id like to get rid of sooner than later. (so I can farm another pack of course)

Someone told me from a not so reliable source that id lose bone while bringing up leather... which would completely fail on my part

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alpsyche
    Someone told me from a not so reliable source that id lose bone while bringing up leather... which would completely fail on my part
    If you're really worried about that happening then you can talk to the bonecraft guildmaster and have him delvl your cooking to 60. That will give you plenty of buffer room to lvl leather without worrying about losing any progress in bone. I'm fairly certain it works this way, I delvled my Alchemy when my GS hit craftsman.

I think I understood your meaning

Why not just level bone on a mule and have 2 100 crafts? Bone 0-60 doesn't cost much at all and can be knocked out in less than a week easily. Is cooking really so hopeless in terms of profit that theres absolutely no reason not to delvl it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acesmcnugget
    Why not just level bone on a mule and have 2 100 crafts? Bone 0-60 doesn't cost much at all and can be knocked out in less than a week easily. Is cooking really so hopeless in terms of profit that theres absolutely no reason not to delvl it?
    I'm wondering that myself, maybe its just me but I'd hate to lose all that work put into capping one craft. I realize consumble crafts arent anywhere as good as they used to be, but cooking 100 is nothing to scoff at, even if its just so you can save yourself gil in the long run.

Actually, cooking 100 is pretty crap I have cook100 on a mule and I never, ever use it. The profit margin on most food is so slim that I'd be better off killing gigas. Alchemy is pretty garbage too, but its got a few things here and there that are worth making.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Actually, cooking 100 is pretty crap I have cook100 on a mule and I never, ever use it. The profit margin on most food is so slim that I'd be better off killing gigas. Alchemy is pretty garbage too, but its got a few things here and there that are worth making.
    Ouch

Meh, much as I hate to admit it your pretty much on the mark, though (least on my server) its still possible to make steady income off alchemy, though I freely admit its through having leveled subs.

Now I know I dont make anywhere near as much as some of my other crafting breathren, but I do alright for myself. Even if it is considered "garbage" I don't regret leveling it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

To answer the OP and reconfirm it will decrease your highest level craft first. Then at 75, 75, and you skillup the craft at 70 it will alternate which craft it lowers, 1 .1 from one then .1 from the other... repeating.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cant you "cap" at craft at the corresponding crafts guildmaster so that it dosnt get touched by the dlvling?
    I a bit drunk atm so maybe i dunno wtf im saying tho rofl!!!!

Who gets drunk and comes to bgforums? go bang chicks wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru
    Who gets drunk and comes to bgforums? go bang chicks wtf
    If the chicks aren't drunk, and you're not attractive, then sometimes all you can do while drunk is spank it and read forums. Sad, but true.

Get the chicks drunk, then you are attractive, 2 birds with one stone

Well for those curious how this worked out.

Leather to 68 cost me .3 in bonecraft (which is ok)
    The rest came from Cooking which is where I wanted it to come from.

It's not perfect to pull from the highest craft, it's just really likely to do so.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quick Question. If I bring a craft to 100 but my subs are all like lv 40 below can I still bring them to 60? The rule of 40 lv spread is a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilimac
    Quick Question. If I bring a craft to 100 but my subs are all like lv 40 below can I still bring them to 60? The rule of 40 lv spread is a little confusing.
    1 craft 100 + Fishing 100 - rest only to 60