Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wheres the "fun"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Wheres the "fun"?

not sure if this belongs here, but whatever...

Basicly, lets keep these short and simple, what does every1 do just for fun in-game?

Lately i've just been logging in to do LS events and maybe fluff my buffers when they drop below 10K. I can't remember the last time i did something in-game that was "just for fun".

Re: Wheres the "fun"?

This forum is called Advanced Player Discussion, not sure what's advanced about this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If I wanted to put myself up for a bannable offense, I would back-seat mod this.

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat
    This forum is called Advanced Player Discussion, not sure what's advanced about this.
    Its an advanced insight into the hopes, dreams, and perspectives of an end game player!

Either way, for fun:

Fucking Salvage.

Um.. there was somthing else..

I cant remember....

I still enjoy hard fights, trying to solo/duo things that shouldnt be, Salvage, crafting (when luck doest suck), and helping others.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Its an advanced insight into the hopes, dreams, and perspectives of an end game player!
    Or it got moved to Newbie section.

kinda of an asshat reply but good point anyway. Let me rephrase then :

What do advanced players do for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu

kinda of an asshat reply but good point anyway. Let me rephrase then :

What do advanced players do for fun?

Obviously the point of the move is a statement that "Advanced player /= fun".

maybe its just me then

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Fun? What? If I wanted to have fun I would play a different game.

Really, I like soloing as RDM even though it takes forever to kill anything. The next thing I'm going to try to do is solo Windurst Missions once I get up to 5-2. That's about it, I don't play much anymore.

Bashing newer and less elite players than me, obviously! :D

gb2/alla/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Level low level jobs, even though in general I dualbox a BRD to solo PL myself to 30~37, and am horribly frustrated in half my parties. Statics are very fun though, so you're at least sure of some other pt members competence.

Helping out lower level people, we've all been new, and when I'm bored I often go help out some new people with a limit break, an AF key, stuff like that.

Nyzul Isle, and assault in general is pretty fun if you have a nice group to go with.

Duo farming harder things, or duo'ing some of the more difficult NM's is usually profitable and pretty fun too. Ties in well with npc levelling, those can come in handy sometimes too.

I still enjoy more than half of the events I do, love pulling in Dynamis, and even Limbus is still pretty enjoyable, luckily. ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fun:

Assault
    Quests
    Missions
    Salvage
    Limbus
    CoP Dynamis (just because its shorter and more action-packed and goal-driven, if you ignore drops)

Advanced Fun:

Swinging 2-3 times
    Gaining 7 MP/tick
    Blue numbers
    Qutrubs, Hpemdes, and Boreal Hound
    Charmga
    Parsers

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If you aren't having fun, quit. There are a billion different things in game people find fun. Salvage, Nyzul, Merits, Level new jobs, HNMs, Chocobo Racing, Crafting, Limbus, Dynamis, Chatting with friends, etc. If you can't find something fun to do, you are done with the game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I agree with Judai. You shouldnt have to seek out things to keep yourself interested, it should just come naturally. If that "spark" is gone, then cancel your content ID for awhile.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Look at Mithra's

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been lvling ninjar lately and I can't seem to bring myself to put up my flag. Instead I find myself trying to find different spots I can solo at my lvl. It's a zillion times slower but much more interesting.

I think my most creative one was grabbing as many stacks of rolanberries as i could and popping the Guardian Crawler over and over again. No need to run around to find mobs. Just pop it and it comes to you. Perfect for lazy asses like me.8)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nyzul and Salvage are fun IMO, but I don't know that they count seeing as they're scheduled events for my group.

As for stuff I do to pass the time, I enjoy soloing exp and lowmanning NMs, as well as Assaults/Ashu Talif, leveling lowbie jobs, long walks on the beach, etc.

Do you by chance have any friends in the LS? Because if you're anything like your original post, that attitude doesn't exactly draw in the LS friend factor. I've seen so many people seclude themselves from their LS, making them feel out of place and hating everything we do. Because they don't get LS jokes, or are comfortable around the people they play with. Meh, I could be wrong.

Having strong friendships in a LS make boring events a lot more fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    If you aren't having fun, quit. There are a billion different things in game people find fun. Salvage, Nyzul, Merits, Level new jobs, HNMs, Chocobo Racing, Crafting, Limbus, Dynamis, Chatting with friends, etc. If you can't find something fun to do, you are done with the game.
    Lies.

Anyway, I usually level a new job and complain about the awful parties in LS chat, craft (a.k.a. run all over getting ingredients for Cooking/Alchemy), or bang my head against the wall (a.k.a. camp Sozu Sarberry who is a stingy little Mijin Gakuring bastard... 0/22 ). I should probably set some sort of goal for a piece of AH gear to save for so I'll be a bit more motivated to craft, farm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dritero
    Look at Mithra's
    I second that. Only reason I don't pick up another MMO is because they don't have catgirls to stare at.