BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

ENM60: Pulling the Strings (PLD) - help!

Does anyone here do this ENM60 on a daily basis as PLD? I've sniffed around for a guide but I can't locate one.

I've done it plenty of times as BST and DRG so I know what to expect of the rolls, but as PLD I'm not too sure what to gear up for/expect from this (action wise from NM). As RDM, I got one shotted with a 300% Spirits Within which wasn't pretty, and I'm aware that the PLD version of this ENM is capable of doing so as well.

I've got all the needed gear for for DD or Tank purposes up to 60. Thanks in advance! :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: ENM60: Pulling the Strings (PLD) - help!

I haven't done this in a while, but what I did was go a DD route to kill it as fast as possible. The longer the fight, the the more times the fucking moblin can fully recover the NM or blast you with a 300TP SW. Bring 2-3 yag drinks, an HP regen drink, and some hi-pots. Use meat and use vorpal every time you reach 100TP. If it invincibles, use that time to use longer-"casting" items, like hi-ethers. Us JA's frequently, and don't hesitate to use invincible yourself. The moblin just might recover your JA timers; you don't want to "waste" that chance.

Basically, zerg it before the moblin gets off too many rolls, or you run the risk of getting royally fucked up (hai2u 5% back to 100%, thus getting me killed due to running out of meds/mp)

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Tried this once, its a fucking bitch. The pet hits like twice as hard as you do and the moblin always seems on its side. I've won the RNG and NIN ones pretty easily, but pld just has no real short term damage to make up for the high chances of the moblin healing itself. In the end it just made me pissed off. Started w/ 300% took off like 10% of his hp or something, then the moblin healed it to full and gave it 300% tp and it took off alot more hp than I did :D

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for the responses. I went in to try today. I lost miserably. As everyone who's done it before it's luck.

Went in to battle it. I manage to bring it down to 10% HP or so. The monster Invincibled 3 times, Flashed me a few times, got cured by dice roll a few times, TPed a few times to 300% but no Spirits Within thank god. I got outlasted in the end when I knew it was only a matter of time before the goblin rolled so the NM restores 100% HP. I gave up there (it had 10% HP left, I was saving 100% TP for Vorpal Blade).

I had plenty of Hi Potions, Yagudo Drinks and a HP regen drink (8, 3, 1 respectively). I exhausted my supply when the NM had 10% HP, but I was near full MP and my HP was somewhat full, but couldn't go on as I watch my target's HP bar restore to 100%. Somewhat annoyed, I switched target and swung at the goblin, getting 100% TP in the process. Vorpal Blade it, and the goblin said something, pulled out his stick, swung twice at me for 90~ odd and killed me.

Gonna try again in 5 days. I like the idea of putting a "glass looking bottle of what looks like gin/whisky/spirit" in the ammo slot. Town gear purposes. :D

Oh and 2000 EXP/Merit . . . . .

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

DD gear and attack food is the way to go, I actually almost ran out of time doing this fight because it takes so long, I average about 9-10min. One took me about 14min. It's a pain, never got the refresh musk.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just did the PLD Pulling the strings, no musk . Took me 7minutes 37 seconds and I didn't use any meds. I had brought 2 yagudo drinks, but I forgot to use them. lol. At start of fight I went in w/ a max-HP boost set, bq ring, full af etc, then as I took dmg I switched to my dd gears of which I kept equip for rest of fight. I used pescatora at start, probably a waste of gil, but then again, no meds so I saved money there. Also, you could say I got lucky, since only benefitial stats for mob were a few shield bashes, some full TP, and a 350 heal. Mainly the buffs I recieved were DEF and ATT boosts, but I also got a full HP/MP heal...in the 1st 45 seconds, thankyou goblin .

Hint:

Spartan Hoplon. Buy 3 of them (so you can use one for 2 minutes of phalanx, switch to a fresh charge, and constantly keep phalanx up). This will -significantly- reduce the damage you take. Vorpal blade every time you get to 100 tp, as when you switch shields you lose TP. Other then that, basic non shitty gear will get you through the fight. Bring a couple yags. Only time i lose this fight is when the moblin resets the NMs hp to full just before Im about to kill it.... asshole.

Bringing an emergency med(s) also helps.