Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Valkurm question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Dynamis Valkurm question

1) Does CC resist stun or build stun resist? Wondering if CSS is vital or useful here.

2) Wiki has 2 maps up which disagree on the location of the sheep horde/3rd nightmare fly. Is one of these correct, or is there some randomness here? The colored map proved correct on our first run. (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Image:Dyna ... urmMap.jpg)

3) How do you deal with Fairy Ring's incredibly damaging attacks? Blink? Gravity? Stun?

Any other general advice on tricks here would be helpful, tomorrow is my linkshell's 2nd attempt at this. First time we got the Nightmare Flies down, but we lost time because the map we were going off of gave a false location for the sheep. Then the Fairy Ring pull went bad.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Re: Dynamis Valkurm question

1) Vital.

2) No idea, I'm not a fly searcher.

3) The same way you deal with anything else that hits insanely hard, you blink tank it and stun the living shit out of it. Shadowbind is nice to pull with, since it gives you a head start. I don't know if Gravity or Bind lands, I've never tried casting.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1) no CS = insta lost Not sure its possible to do it without. Dont think it build resist, but it should die quickly

2) This flies is a bitch. Send 2 pullers and make them cover the whole area up the cliff. Make sure they get rr on, because it's not always possible to get a clear pull if you plan to pull fast

3) SB and pull it to the beach is what my dyna shell does. Pld voke and make it face the water and everyone zerg it/throw stun. It dies fast, but you will lose a few people every time

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Our zone strategy: http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/val.html

1. Cirrate Christelle doesn't resist Stun. The Nightmare Morbols that appear if you don't kill Dragontrap do resist Sleep/Lullaby though, and we're only able to get them asleep with Soul Voice + Lullaby.

2. Nightmare Flies have a pretty large area that they can wander in: http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/ima ... y_val1.jpg . When you pass by the oasis area heading east from the Outpost, the Nightmare Fly is usually further northeast on the plateau among the Nightmare Sheep. You can usually wander the winding path and see the Nightmare Fly (or Nightmare Sheep) on your left, and have to go up and look around between them. It will never be in the area further north with lots of trees.

3. Shadowbind to pull after someone has kited the Yagudo covering the entrance away. If you have a WHM/SMN in the alliance with PLD/WAR tanks, Aerial Armor can buy them a couple hits. Keep it facing away from the main alliances as the AoE is very strong. Stun should help; I don't recall seeing it ever resisted.

General advice:
    - Bring antidotes
    - You can save some time by having a THF pull Nant'ina from its spot to the tunnel where the Quadav are (and handing it off to someone else if you link Sabotenders or Manticores) rather than having everyone go all the way to it.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

1, doesn't resist stun, cs stun is vital, we usually have bards on SV to sleep the two nightmare morbols
    2, Nightmare flies have way too large areas they roam, at least the one in hippospace, which is the one I usually pull, and it can be very annoying. But the map given by dynamisbums is very nice.
    3, we usually skip fairy ring, and it's never been a problem. we go in, pull flies, go kill the gobbue, kill a couple of sheep to TP up, then zerg CC with cs+stun. It might be a gamble, but it hasn't been a significant problem for us as of yet, even when CC has gotten off breath attacks, + it leaves a fair bit of farming time.

Oh and as Teorem says, bring antidotes, people dropping to poison is silly :/

Aegoce

Fairy ring can be pulled by a thf as long as they activate flee before ranged attack.

We tend to have a pld sitting with sentinel up and back to the water waiting to voke it then invincible immediately. A chainstunner to the east of the pld. Melees to the north and mages/support spread out to the west.

If you plan on doing anything with the sheep, make sure at least a mage from each party has poison pots along. Sleeps can really slow you down.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm not sure if this is a recent change or not, but apparently Fairy Ring hits through blink? Our ninjas claimed that he attacked right through Utsusemi, I saw them go down in no time. A PLD also claimed he hit through invincible (though the guy is an idiot so I have no idea). Sentinel seemed to work though.

Thoughts?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Mushroom have many aoe that go through utsu, and they are probably magical

Sea Torques
    BG Level

No, I mean, normal melee attacks went through utsu.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    I'm not sure if this is a recent change or not, but apparently Fairy Ring hits through blink? Our ninjas claimed that he attacked right through Utsusemi, I saw them go down in no time. A PLD also claimed he hit through invincible (though the guy is an idiot so I have no idea). Sentinel seemed to work though.

Thoughts?
    They lied.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Im not sure, our NINs and PLD claimed this also, went thru Utsusemi/Invincible, he's physical attacks counts as magic dmg?
    We just gravity-nuke/stun Fairy Ring anyways.

His Miasmic Breath is (obviously) breath damage, and I know when CC uses the same move there's a chatlog bug where it displays as though it's a physical hit (lines upon lines of "Cirrate Christelle hits Soandso for X points of damage" rather than lines and lines of "Soandso takes X points of damage"). If Fairy Ring has the same bug that's probably why they thought they were being hit through blink/invincible with regular hits.

As for pulling, you can pull with shadowbind or flee as people have said, and a couple times when we've gotten to Fairy ring and realized we only had 1 THF and no RNGs we just had a BLM/RDM pull with ES-grav. For fighting if we have three or more RDM/DRKs, we have one chainspell stun him, with 2 healers watching him. The RDM will likely pull hate after about 20 seconds, but shouldn't die if their healers are curing preemptively. Usually around 20% the RDM either dies or chainspell ends, in which case we just have BLMs, DRKs, and the other RDM/DRKs randomly stun until it gets finished off. Usually only get a handful of deaths at most this way.

The only two runs my linkshell has gone to for Valkurm, we skipped Fairy ring entirely, to be honest.

Both times we got to CC though, a few people whiffed on their jobs (First time RDM/DRKs didn't coordinate, second time a PLD pre-engaged on accident or something), so I don't really know whether or not skipping will be ideal...since we CS Stun we didn't think it'd be much of a problem. We usually kill Nant'ina and Stcemqestint only...our strat's borrowed from another LS that one of our officers was/is part of :3

BG Level

Kinda surprising people have so much trouble with Fairy Ring, we've never chainspell stunned it, and we do just fine, killing it with no more than 2-3 deaths a lot of the time. Do y'all PLD/WAR tank it or something?

Edit: We've also never killed the other NM you mentioned. Looking at the Wiki page about what it removes, it probably doesn't matter much what you lock as long as you kill two NMs. We've kinda been playing with the idea of just going for CC right off the bat with a few extra stunners, since it really doesn't matter that much which TP moves you lock if you keep her heavily locked down with Chainspell stun.

New Merits
    BG Level

We PLD/WAR tank it and almost never get any deaths. Fairy Ring is a joke if you kite it with gravity on since it's breath attack is affected by range, so we just have a PLD/WAR kite it in a circle with melees following it old-school kirin style with nukes doing most of the damage. It dies quickly and safely.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Killing it wasn't really a problem, just a few people died in the process. He hits really hard and yeah, people claim he hit through shadows/invincible. I'm don't know what to believe, because one of them was one of my best friends who I have a fair degree of trust in.

We managed to kill Fairy Ring & Nant'Ina but the sac messed up on nant the first time so we took too long and didn't have enough time to fight CC. Got there with like, 1-2 minutes remaining so we couldn't win (someone was lagging behind and dragged CC's ring into us).

If we had another 5 minutes we would've won too.

We'll test the fairy ring/shadows thing next run in 2 weeks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    His Miasmic Breath is (obviously) breath damage, and I know when CC uses the same move there's a chatlog bug where it displays as though it's a physical hit (lines upon lines of "Cirrate Christelle hits Soandso for X points of damage" rather than lines and lines of "Soandso takes X points of damage"). If Fairy Ring has the same bug that's probably why they thought they were being hit through blink/invincible with regular hits.
    I'm pretty sure (but can't find a picture supporting, though I could have sworn I had one) that the 8-10 lines of "Cirrate Christelle hits ______ for X points of damage." is a result of Putrid Breath, and that Miasmic Breath gives the regular "_______ takes X points of damage." lines in the log.

Linkshells killing Stcemqestcint is actually something I've rarely heard of, and something we've never gone before because Vampiric Lash is kind of weak and Sheep are annoying. If you haven't always done it, did you notice any major aspect removed from Cirrate Christelle since you started?

You might be right actually, or maybe it's both. I was just proposing why someone would mistake a an unblinkable breath/magic-class attack for a regular melee hit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Since we speak of Fairy Ring, is it really worth to kill it? We take this NM down before anything else (eh well the flies first).
    Better to aim for Nant'ina first maybe?
    Share your experience please, i really wanna get a better grip on Dynamis-Valkurm.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fridell
    Since we speak of Fairy Ring, is it really worth to kill it? We take this NM down before anything else (eh well the flies first).
    Better to aim for Nant'ina first maybe?
    Share your experience please, i really wanna get a better grip on Dynamis-Valkurm.
    We do both, has worked well for us.