BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Seraph] Neferkiti (bc)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

[Seraph] Neferkiti (bc)

Applied to our LS on Diabolos, and I'm wondering if anyone has solid information. I've already been told that people may say random comments about him, but we'll see I guess. Thank you for your time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: [Seraph] Neferkiti (bc)

Hello. My name is Dyce and I joined Neferkiti's endgame LS about a year ago. I took some time off here and there but actively played along side him for a solid 9 months of events.
    Judging by your post it sounds like Nef might have already introduced you to me, but believe me nothing I have to say is random.

As for positive things to say he's a very experienced player who has been playing for a very long time. Several high level jobs, is very active, yadda yadda yadda.

Now the following cons may or may not change since he will no longer be in a leadership role...

He has openly admitted(though believe me he didn't have to say a word for us to be on the same page) that he's an asshole to anyone not in his linkshell. Now, I'm not sure how your linkshell feels about respecting others, but in his LS it was a sin. His elitist attitude had costed us several new recruits, because it's hard to except someone you called trash earlier despite not actually knowing them.

On a similar note he's racist towards NA players. Apparently living in canada and only speaking english isn't enough to keep him from feeling supperior to the northern hemisphere. Phrases like "gaijin{Leave}" in LS chat were common when someone happened to be in a limbus zone we wished to use. A joke here and there is one thing but to blaim every problem in this game on NA or calling other peoples success "gaijin luck" got old.

The next topic is hard to just come out and say, so I'll have to give some background. According to him aegis would have allowed our small numbers LS to do anything we wanted. He had already been spending linkshell funds to pay for hourglasses to get himself currency before ever admitting to the LS our plans to get him an aegis. Yes, he had already invested some of his own gil into the process also. I'm not sure exactly how much fish botting(yes, he admitted that too) money he invested but I'm sure it was not as much as our sky drop money since that had not bought us a trigger in several months.
    Now with that in mind... while we were working on getting him a relic awesome enough to make any player a paladin full time, he had the nerve to ask a long time 75mnk(who's orb was used in the KS99) to pass a black belt item to his 66mnk because he "already had 1 of the items."
    I'm all for trying to gear up 6 jobs, but try not to screw members in the process for gear you can't even wear.

He definitely has self image issues. He doesn't play the game for fun, he plays to stand around town feeling better than everyone else. See: Reason for getting maat's cap, reason for wanting aegis, reason for telling us we would have to home point if we whiped because another LS would see us dead.

I'm sure he had plans to apply to your LS after getting aegis, but some of us may have altered his plans when we decided to stop putting up with his constant BS.
    If you do decide to recruit him, keep him on a short leash. If he tries to pawn off currency to you, try to remember to thank the former members of Rhapsody on seraph.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you it helps you in the long run. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

(Also I'd like to thank the former members of Rhapsody for all the fun times. If you ever need a taru, don't hesitate to ask.)

Im not from Harlem, or black.
    BG Level

sounds like a nice guy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carbonZ
    Hello. My name is Dyce and I joined Neferkiti's endgame LS about a year ago. I took some time off here and there but actively played along side him for a solid 9 months of events.
    Judging by your post it sounds like Nef might have already introduced you to me, but believe me nothing I have to say is random.

As for positive things to say he's a very experienced player who has been playing for a very long time. Several high level jobs, is very active, yadda yadda yadda.

Now the following cons may or may not change since he will no longer be in a leadership role...

He has openly admitted(though believe me he didn't have to say a word for us to be on the same page) that he's an asshole to anyone not in his linkshell. Now, I'm not sure how your linkshell feels about respecting others, but in his LS it was a sin. His elitist attitude had costed us several new recruits, because it's hard to except someone you called trash earlier despite not actually knowing them.

On a similar note he's racist towards NA players. Apparently living in canada and only speaking english isn't enough to keep him from feeling supperior to the northern hemisphere. Phrases like "gaijin{Leave}" in LS chat were common when someone happened to be in a limbus zone we wished to use. A joke here and there is one thing but to blaim every problem in this game on NA or calling other peoples success "gaijin luck" got old.

The next topic is hard to just come out and say, so I'll have to give some background. According to him aegis would have allowed our small numbers LS to do anything we wanted. He had already been spending linkshell funds to pay for hourglasses to get himself currency before ever admitting to the LS our plans to get him an aegis. Yes, he had already invested some of his own gil into the process also. I'm not sure exactly how much fish botting(yes, he admitted that too) money he invested but I'm sure it was not as much as our sky drop money since that had not bought us a trigger in several months.
    Now with that in mind... while we were working on getting him a relic awesome enough to make any player a paladin full time, he had the nerve to ask a long time 75mnk(who's orb was used in the KS99) to pass a black belt item to his 66mnk because he "already had 1 of the items."
    I'm all for trying to gear up 6 jobs, but try not to screw members in the process for gear you can't even wear.

He definitely has self image issues. He doesn't play the game for fun, he plays to stand around town feeling better than everyone else. See: Reason for getting maat's cap, reason for wanting aegis, reason for telling us we would have to home point if we whiped because another LS would see us dead.

I'm sure he had plans to apply to your LS after getting aegis, but some of us may have altered his plans when we decided to stop putting up with his constant BS.
    If you do decide to recruit him, keep him on a short leash. If he tries to pawn off currency to you, try to remember to thank the former members of Rhapsody on seraph.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you it helps you in the long run. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

(Also I'd like to thank the former members of Rhapsody for all the fun times. If you ever need a taru, don't hesitate to ask.)
    this is zleeper from nef's LS (1 of 3 that have been there from the start)

Dyce threatened to leave the LS 3 times, for this reason he did not receive an osode from our latest kirins last weekend

these so called players that "altered his plans" consist of one other player, Raigin, who just so happened to get hecatomb body last weekend and leave the next day with Dyce (which was predicted) they then tried to get others to leave the LS, why? i have no idea

as for the black belt item, the player actually outlotted nef anyway and he will never ever get black belt, nef has already gotten 74mnk since then

as for the gaijin joking around LS chat shit, you were apart of it too, nefs beef is not with english, it's with players who show no effort to succeed and advance their characters, this would define 75%+ of english players and the new ToAU japanese players........if the players turned down by nef applied to a half decent linkshell, they would be laughed at

the sole reason for this rant is because he did not receive osode, he should be ignored..he just wants revenge for the trotters, homam body, brutal, zenith, etc nef and others worked hard to get for him

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey Zleeper, nice to hear from you again. Gald you brought up my long list of items I got from a LS I've been in for a year.

I did quit the LS once because nothing was being done, one of the sackholders asked me to come back and promised we were doing sky and limbus again(instead of just doing dynamis for someones shield). I gave it another shot for him. Second time I told Nef I was quitting he wanted to know why so I told him my concerns, he said he'd try to fix that so I stayed long enough to know he lied to me. Then I left the second time. Thats really close to 3 though. Also, I don't threaten. No one had to ask me back or ask for another chance after I said I was leaving.

Trotters was 10 people the first 3 days, 5 of us the next 12. Try not to make it sound like a LS event and ask those that were there on day 15 how they felt about the LS helping.

Thank you for reminding me about limbus. In the LS Nef collected all the coins and handed them out how he saw fit. I know I'm not the only one to question how fair Nef handled that.

Osode? You would have been better off going with the homam angle, Zleep. ;p

Honestly, go ahead and ignore my posts. All of them, it's cool. I can't see what harm could be done from Nef leaving seraph. Good luck Poisoned.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What can I say about Neferkiti... Well essentially I'm just confirming what Dyce has said regarding who Neferkiti is. Neferkiti is a good player... I take that back, Neferkiti is a great player, about as good or better than anyone who has or is close to obtaining their Maat's Cap. Skillwise, you wont find many players better than him.

On the other side, his interpersonal skills leave much to be desired; especially If he's around people from the US. After being in his linkshell full time for almost 7 months (I made almost 100% of the events), I can tell you quite a bit about Neferkiti. He is an asshole to almost everyone who isn't Japanese, and Even though he lives in Canada, and he does not speak japanese, he will be the first person to tell you that all NA players are trash. Although Dyce stated that he is an asshole to people outside of his LS, he can be just as much of an asshole to people inside his shell, just in a more subtle way. For an example, almost every idea made by the members of the linkshell were "dumb ideas." If he didn't come up with the idea, he would not give it any consideration. In all of my 6 months I don't remember hearing many good things come from him.

I could go on for days about Neferkiti but I will keep it short and say that I cannot recommend Neferkiti because, while he is a good player, he fails to realize that FFXI is a social game. If your linkshell is concerned about its social image then Neferkiti will let you down. I can imagine that your linkshell might have some English members, and I can't see you wanting to invite someone who thinks that he is a better than the guy standing next to him on his team. On a good note, I am glad that he is leaving Seraph, you guy's can have him.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Phoblade
    What can I say about Neferkiti... Well essentially I'm just confirming what Dyce has said regarding who Neferkiti is. Neferkiti is a good player... I take that back, Neferkiti is a great player, about as good or better than anyone who has or is close to obtaining their Maat's Cap. Skillwise, you wont find many players better than him.

On the other side, his interpersonal skills leave much to be desired; especially If he's around people from the US. After being in his linkshell full time for almost 7 months (I made almost 100% of the events), I can tell you quite a bit about Neferkiti. He is an asshole to almost everyone who isn't Japanese, and Even though he lives in Canada, and he does not speak japanese, he will be the first person to tell you that all NA players are trash. Although Dyce stated that he is an asshole to people outside of his LS, he can be just as much of an asshole to people inside his shell, just in a more subtle way. For an example, almost every idea made by the members of the linkshell were "dumb ideas." If he didn't come up with the idea, he would not give it any consideration. In all of my 6 months I don't remember hearing many good things come from him.

I could go on for days about Neferkiti but I will keep it short and say that I cannot recommend Neferkiti because, while he is a good player, he fails to realize that FFXI is a social game. If your linkshell is concerned about its social image then Neferkiti will let you down. I can imagine that your linkshell might have some English members, and I can't see you wanting to invite someone who thinks that he is a better than the guy standing next to him on his team. On a good note, I am glad that he is leaving Seraph, you guy's can have him.
    this guy left our LS 3 days after getting haidate

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol Nefer... Nefer was in the crew that helped RMT get sky, and did sky with RMT. Along with being in the same LS as RMT, we were in the same social LS before he got into Endgame, He took a friend of ours account and stripped it, while i was holding it for him, Told the friend that he got gear for him and then stripped it all. This was a RL friend of his. Yea... Nef lol used to be a nice guy, a long time ago. Used a bunch of LS, on Seraph to get gear. and then leaving.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I played with neferkiti before, his skill is not as high as mentioned, he basically leeched off the skill of a lot of the players in my ls to attempt to achieve his own goals. the aforementioned attitude problem was also an annoyance for us, after playing with us for a few days(we were downing gods with 5-8 people) he started bragging about how "awesome" he was when in fact he had bad gear, and bad playskill.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

wtf @ a canadian making fun of americans LMAO

While I have nothing at all to say about Neferkiti since never with them in a LS, besides the general gossip, Bedouin was also in the RMT loving crew that screwed us all and helped RMT get sky, shows the loyalty.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey runningdemon, if you want to know the truth, you should ask someone who was there. nesso used my char and helped RMTers in sky, and from that point on my account was marked. I never helped RMTers get sky, nor do anyone in our LS, THEY ALREADY HAD IT. despite whatever anyone will tell you, this is a fact. additionally, for anyone who still cares, neferkiti was in that LS as well and enjoyed the RMT alliance.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

this is zleeper from nef's LS (1 of 3 that have been there from the start)

Dyce threatened to leave the LS 3 times, for this reason he did not receive an osode from our latest kirins last weekend

these so called players that "altered his plans" consist of one other player, Raigin, who just so happened to get hecatomb body last weekend and leave the next day with Dyce (which was predicted) they then tried to get others to leave the LS, why? i have no idea

as for the black belt item, the player actually outlotted nef anyway and he will never ever get black belt, nef has already gotten 74mnk since then

as for the gaijin joking around LS chat shit, you were apart of it too, nefs beef is not with english, it's with players who show no effort to succeed and advance their characters, this would define 75%+ of english players and the new ToAU japanese players........if the players turned down by nef applied to a half decent linkshell, they would be laughed at

the sole reason for this rant is because he did not receive osode, he should be ignored..he just wants revenge for the trotters, homam body, brutal, zenith, etc nef and others worked hard to get for him[/quote]

WTF does that have to do with a BC about Neferkiti?

Quote Originally Posted by Runningdemon
    While I have nothing at all to say about Neferkiti since never with them in a LS, besides the general gossip, Bedouin was also in the RMT loving crew that screwed us all and helped RMT get sky, shows the loyalty.
    Once again, has what to do with Neferkiti?

If you want to discredit each other, go take it to another forum where you can derail a thread.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Good bye nef, you will not be missed. I apologize to whoever's server nef lands in to stay, never met a more diabolical asshat in ffxi. That comming from me says alot, cause i know i can be an ass from time to time myself lol.