Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salvage Lotting Rules     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Lotting Rules

How does your LS do your lotting rules for Salvage?

Re: Salvage Lotting Rules

Pick any 5 pieces of fully-upgraded equipment, prioritize from 1-5. 1 has highest priority lotting 15(laff laff)/25/35 that lead to the upgrade, 5 has lowest priority.

Pick one piece for each item slot, head/body/hands/legs/feet. Priority on 35 drops goes to people who already have the 25 (if they picked it). Anything that nobody picked, or that everyone who picked already has are free-lotted. That's for regular runs. Usually for impromptu runs if we end up going with people outside our set group, we just do seacom lotting.

You can't change your choice for a slot once you've lotted the 25 or 35 for it. If you do change your choice, you must attend at least one run where you would have been able to lot a 25 or 35 from either your previous choice or your new choice before it goes into effect.

Pretty much everything except 35s is freelotted at this point in my group. 15s are trash and 25s are almost all trash. Who gets what 35s is pretty much pre-discussed as a group and decided by the leader(s). We have a small roster composed of 2 attendance-types (daily and weekend), we haven't yet run into any serious issues.

Ours is a bit different and changes depending on the zone.

Bhaflau: 15s are free lotted, 25s and 35s are lotted by declaring a set in your comment. You can win one 25 or one 35, meaning you can't win a 25 and a 35. 15s can win as many as you want.

Silver Sea: 15s, 25s, and 35s are all lotted by declaring a set in your comment. As above, 1 item total.

Zhayolm: 15s, 25s, and 35s are all lotted by declaring a set in your comment. As above, 1 item total.

Arrapago: 15s and 25s are free lot, 35s are lotted by declaring a set in your comment. 1 35 per run, but 15s and 25s there's no limit.

In all cases, if there is anyone in the zone who is 2/3 on a piece, and that set is declared in their comment, they automatically win the 3rd piece if it drops. If more than one people are 2/3 on the same piece, they would lot against each other.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We target the 35s for people, and do the 25s and 15s when we get the 35 drops

Demosthenes11

dkp ^_^

We just pick 5 items total, 1 body limit.
    All drops free lot between people that picked it, 2/3 on a armor grants priority to lot the final piece.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm also interested how other LS manage their Salvage loot systems, but I think it's important to include how you chose which run to do. Having a good system for determing who gets drops doesn't mean much if your LS does Bhaf Rem everyday. On the same note, how do you decide which NMs to go after? A situation such as Psych vs Boot, or Silver Seas, where hitting every NM+LAC might not be possible.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Do a set 12 person static.
    Choose a main lot, choose a sub lot.
    Main lots lot vs. Mains on their piece.
    If their are no main lots for the piece it goes to sub lots.
    If no sub lots its free to 70+ that can use it.
    Once people are 2/3 on main they get priority on the third piece.
    Same goes for sub, and for free lot pieces.

Seems to work well enough for us. There currently there isn't a reduction in lots if you miss to many runs. If people stop showing up they are just getting replaced. Sucks, but we only go twice a week. Finally got our fill of LBC, and get to move on to another boss. Been farming lolarrapago

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

15= lol
    25= free lot between people who are going to lot on 35 . Defaulted if you are 2/3
    35= people preselected piece they want, and its free lot between them. Not like lv 35 ever drop tho...so we dont worry much about them >_>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

15- freelot between those whom have the set declared
    25- those with 2/3 go lot, then 1/3, then those in a set, then freelot to those with the job, then freelot
    35-those with 2/3 go lot, then 1/3, then those in a set, then freelot to those with the job, then freelot

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lot order based on wishlist by all members. Everyone picked 5 items they want in tiers from 1 to 5. Based on these tiers people lot on items.

We also combined this with attendance, so if 2 people are on the same tier but one person has a higher attendance he/she gets to lot first.

If both players have the same tier and attendance, but one has already the lvl25 or lvl35 piece (lvl15 means shit) he/she gets priority.

Pick one 35 per zone... that way we don't have one person after say - Usukane Pants, Morrigan Body and Skadi Feet - and getting multiple pieces of different sets before anyone even gets one.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Given out at the leader's discretion. Everyone knows what theyre getting before we even enter now, the first month or so it was a toss up, but we have a better idea of everyone's attendance now, and people get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy
    I'm also interested how other LS manage their Salvage loot systems, but I think it's important to include how you chose which run to do. Having a good system for determing who gets drops doesn't mean much if your LS does Bhaf Rem everyday. On the same note, how do you decide which NMs to go after? A situation such as Psych vs Boot, or Silver Seas, where hitting every NM+LAC might not be possible.
    Chosen the same way as lotting, pretty much discussed among the members and final decision made by the leader. We try to make it so that if people have to miss a run for whatever reason, we do a zone where they have comparatively little to gain. Path within the zone is similarly decided. Right now we're just doing a rotation of the 3 farmable zones.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Recently started up 2 groups that go twice a week, so I keep points now and open bidding on LS, since I don't necessarily know everyone too well yet and Remora is full of idiots who like to flake and backstab. Works for us so far but only about a week old, these new groups. We'll see. XD It's mostly the same people that were in my groups before but since times changed I had to work something new out.

As for deciding route and which area(s) to do, I'm mostly just rotating them now. Since you can do at least a Rampart + Boss in Bhaflau, 2-4 NMs + Boss in Silver Seas, and all NMs + Boss in Arrapago, those won't be a problem. Zhayolm I only planning on doing when Silver Seas drop lv35 pieces.

LS-based run. Have to be a full member of the LS to participate. Simple attendence points system to mirror other LS events. Players request any/all pieces or sets that they can equip once upgraded, and all pieces cost 6 points (except Bhaf lvl15s, lolFreelot). Players are allowed to participate with groups outside the LS as well. Once a player gets 2/3 of any upgrade, they are automatically top lot for the third piece. In the event of a tie, whoever has the most current points breaks the tie.

Since we're still fledgling, our paths are basically 4 runs of farming a zone, hitting the most convenient NMs, and getting familiar with the zone, then we spend 4 runs going just for the chariot and whatever else we find along the way. I expect this to change once we see more people with 2/3 upgrades though.

In fact, I expect a lot of this to evolve as more members start getting lvl15s and as we get more confident in our chariot wins, but we started in Bhaflau, and are currently in Arrapago, so our lvl15s are random, even if they are expected.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

We do the pick 5 items, and you are locked into the first two method.

Bottom three we dont really care tons if people change, but the top two are a one time choice.

Course.. now we are starting to free lot some of the garbage.. so meh.

====

Utterly side note, how's the subjugation of Kujata going Clynt? I heard initially really successful things for you guys there, but things have quieted down recently, and I'm curious.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    Pick any 5 pieces of fully-upgraded equipment, prioritize from 1-5. 1 has highest priority lotting 15(laff laff)/25/35 that lead to the upgrade, 5 has lowest priority.
    this is exactly the system I put in place for my salvage ls, except that we go further than 5 (not that it really matters much at that point)

for farming, we've basically been doing one zone until we get a decent number of 35's, then moving to get 25's/35's then picking up the fifteens and so on in the next cycle. group seems to like the repetition so far - it's almost like a minigame as they try to do each run incrementally better than the last and it's letting our less experienced members get comfortable with each zone before moving on to the next where the rules change a little.