Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Battle System Adjustments (08/14/2007)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../2188/2188.jpg

The August version update will bring revisions to the use of two-handed weapons, as well as a number of modifications to several jobs.

In this edition of Topics, we would like to elaborate on the changes that will be made to the two-handed weapon system. Job changes will be described in length in a future Topics article.

Two-handed weapons

Up until now, there have been instances in which the attack frequency and speed generated by dual wielding would greatly surpass those of two-handed weapons. We have since examined this issue from every conceivable angle, and as a result have decided to reconsider the frequency and delay calculation methods for two-handed weapons.

This month's version update will see the introduction of a new type of gear called "grips," which players can equip in their offhand weapon slot when using a two-handed weapon. We are also planning to apply changes to associated weapon skills as well.

Attacking with two-handed weapons

The new modifications will be set up so that a character's attribute scores will enhance attack benefits to a greater extent when wielding a two-handed weapon than when using a single-handed weapon. Further, when attacking high-level opponents or enemies with high defense, two-handed weapons will deal more damage than they have in the past.

A word on grips

While not designed to bring about radical improvements, grips are a new lineup of items which can be used in tandem with two-handed weapons as a means of wielding them more effectively. They accomplish this by enhancing a weapon's benefits while compensating for shortcomings. Grips will not be limited to offensive weapons, as some will be tailored to mages and their indispensable staves.
    Different grips will allow players to adapt to specific situations depending on the type of two-handed weapon they are using, as well as the type of enemy they are fighting. Players should be advised, however, that changing grips mid-combat will result in a loss of TP. Therefore, no grip's benefits will be restricted to the execution of weapon skills.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...188/2188_6.jpg

Rethinking weapon skills

The majority of two-handed weapon skills already stand to see a vast improvement based on the changes described above. However, we will also be retooling the characteristics of several particular weapon skills in order to enhance their usability.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Re: Battle System Adjustments (08/14/2007)

I'm most interested about the "enhanced" dmg on mobs w/ higher DEF.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

im not complaining. ill take whatever i can get for my sam, shit lol. personally i dont think its a bad idea <_>.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Time to bust out the DRK!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Job changes will be described in length in a future Topics article.
    More interested about this one!

wonder what kind of grips there will be, and how to get them ...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Melee smn's everywhere can now rejoice!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This will be very welcomed.
    So far it does seem like a smart solution.

Cant wait to see what happens hehe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    Further, when attacking high-level opponents or enemies with high defense, two-handed weapons will deal more damage than they have in the past.
    fSTR->fSTR2 or fSTR*1.5?
    also the possible change from melee pDIF lvl difference penalty to ranged's? (0.05->0.025?)

I want my half haste efficiency for ranged attack time to cry more

evilbau

monk gets kung fu grip

Banned.

BG Level

Tasty!

Looks like this will also be nice for mages too. Also, it would appear grips are not limited or based on jobs.

EDIT: Oh, and readjusting WSes! That's probably the neatest part. I hope they do something like I have been hoping for this whole time. (Make one or two WSes comparable to multi-hit and maybe boost very unpopular WSes to do more damage in general)

best part for me is they're not ignoring mages here. Hopefully there will be some nice +mnd/int straps to complement staves.

and I hope to God this means I can use GAxe in parties.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Wow, this owns!

could a brother get a fuck yeah? ive thought about SE making use of offhand for 2hand for a loooong time, better late than never... maybe haste+% or something with atk/acc+ for 75 gaxe WAR gogo

Liquidedust

Quote Originally Posted by yayaok
    could a brother get a fuck yeah? ive thought about SE making use of offhand for 2hand for a loooong time, better late than never... maybe haste+% or something with atk/acc+ for 75 gaxe WAR gogo
    Let's just see them making delay reduction equipment now that actually makes it slower to WS with 2-handed weapons (delay reduction equips that brings the total hits need to reach 100% tp one extra). Ah well it is a good change though that they finally do some changes to something that has been overlooked for ages.

And also starts showing a trend of "improve and strengthen don't nerf it" as well which is a nice change from the past.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I hope this isn't all hype, I wouldn't mind seeing some of my two-handed weapon wielding friends get a little love for once. I'm also anxious to see what job adjustments are coming. Hopefully they hook up beast so all the bitching stops.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This has a lot of potential, for mages as well as melee. I just hope they don't half-ass it. Though I guess any addition is better than the way it is now so at least it's an improvement, no matter how small.

Banned.

BG Level

zaghnal\apoc drks> kc drks

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Heh, next thing you know they will introduce Elemental Grips where instead of needing the correct staff you also need the correct grip and correct obi and.. and.. and I need more inventory spots

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And I was hoping my mage would ever equip something else than staves....Oh well, can't wait to fill my inventory with another set of situational grip

Still a good idea. Can't wait to see if "speed reduction" stack with haste, because it would totally break bahamut zaghnal.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast