+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: "Minor" details you picked up replaying a RPG.

The girl was forced to marry General Caraway (rinoa's father) or something after Laguna left. Didnt know the last song was from her.

It seems like Laguna gets Raine pregnant but doesn't know about it, and then he goes off with Kiros and Ward once again (they never really explain the reasons behind his departure from that village in the beginning of CD2... Winhill is the name I believe.)
    Ellone was kidnapped as potential sorceress by Esthar, and Laguna tried to saver her. He ended up getting captured, escaped, beat Abel and somehow become president of the city.

one thing that gripes me with FF9's Melodies of Life song is the first time i heard it i thought she was singing about "Flying Beards"

cos the singer constantly sang "Birds" as "Beards" ¬_¬

one of my fav FF songs though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

She wasn't forced to, Raine tells Kiros/Laguna that she married Caraway after a soldier she was in love with went off to war and the general comforted her in her time of need and she decided to marry him.

By the way, look at the lyrics if you haven't already... they actually put some thought into it so it looks like Julia sings it to Laguna.

Link: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/587/587939p1.html

You'd always be there in the corner
    Of this tiny little bar

oh i know the lyrics, i sing to the full version all the time =3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Weird, I caught most of this my first time playing through... No wonder why no one seems to like FF8.

My only gripe is the 3min summoning scenes (smashing buttons so it does more damage doesn't make it old), but other than that, best musical score in the series (6 would've been better if it were orchestrated) and best storyline in the series for romantics.

Quote Originally Posted by superfob
    Weird, I caught most of this my first time playing through... No wonder why no one seems to like FF8.

My only gripe is the 3min summoning scenes (smashing buttons so it does more damage doesn't make it old), but other than that, best musical score in the series (6 would've been better if it were orchestrated) and best storyline in the series for romantics.
    For romantics? Really? I thought the final scenes in 9 clenched the deal for romantics. That ending nearly made me cry lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

For romantics? Really? I thought the final scenes in 9 clenched the deal for romantics. That ending nearly made me cry lol
    Too Disney for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

Too Disney for me.
    I bet you're one of those that thinks KH isn't worth playing because Donald is in your main party...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I was actually a little nervous about KH1 at first because of that stuff, but it wasn't a problem once I actually started playing. Those two never actually help much for fighting, but at least they're usually easy to ignore.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you figured Ultimacia was rinoa on your first time through the game, you deserve a medal. >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Eh, I play Kingdom Hearts like I play Grandia 3. The gameplay is great, but I cringe every time I have to listen to the story <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The stupid Disney crap was silly, but I didn't bother it because the main storyline (Riku/Sora/Kairi/Keyblade crap) made it all worth it, especially in KH2 (which is like my favorite gameplay out of any action game i've ever played...)

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Kingdom Hearts is a joke, I really regret ever playing that series. Just got way too stupid/emo/belts/zippers and over dramatic when I hit part 2. Sure the battle system was vastly improved but the direction the story went just really turned me off.

Exodosu it's kind of scary that you know those lyrics by heart... and know that game inside out. It was alright, but it really wasn't the greatest to go as far as knowing all those details.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Kingdom Hearts is a joke, I really regret ever playing that series. Just got way too stupid/emo/belts/zippers and over dramatic when I hit part 2. Sure the battle system was vastly improved but the direction the story went just really turned me off.

Exodosu it's kind of scary that you know those lyrics by heart... and know that game inside out. It was alright, but it really wasn't the greatest to go as far as knowing all those details.
    Um, i'm not the one who said that I know the lyrics by heart (and if you mean the part I quoted, I just took it from the link I added right next to it..) I don't know the game inside out either, I just finished playing it last week so the memories are fresh.

And people who hate KH because of disney/"zippers" just make me laugh... especially since in KH2 the organization storyline precedes any stupid disney crap (which are filler in both games, if you haven't noticed yet...)

And it's not that complicated to spell my name.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

If you figured Ultimacia was rinoa on your first time through the game, you deserve a medal. >_>

Ill be expecting it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    I was actually a little nervous about KH1 at first because of that stuff, but it wasn't a problem once I actually started playing. Those two never actually help much for fighting, but at least they're usually easy to ignore.
    What are you talking about? In KH1 Goofy was incredibly useful. MP Gift is godly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

When does he get that? All I remember is in the early game he does almost no damage and gets killed in a few hits, then later (after I get a chance to level) Sora can kill everything by himself. Also, the only magic I ever needed to use was healing, because attack spells didn't do enough damage except against he floating caster thingies. Maybe I just didn't give them a chance though, and if I hadn't overlevelled after Monstro it would have been different.

edit: the VAs for Goofy and Donald did a radio interview (in character) sometime last week (plugging some random thing on Disney Channel, don't remember exactly what), and I kept wanting the morning show guy to ask about KH3. Of course, he probably wouldn't even have known what KH was, so...

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa

Um, i'm not the one who said that I know the lyrics by heart (and if you mean the part I quoted, I just took it from the link I added right next to it..) I don't know the game inside out either, I just finished playing it last week so the memories are fresh.

And people who hate KH because of disney/"zippers" just make me laugh... especially since in KH2 the organization storyline precedes any stupid disney crap (which are filler in both games, if you haven't noticed yet...)

And it's not that complicated to spell my name.
    I'm pretty sure that it wasn't your first time playing it either way, you seem to be a SE drone.

I don't hate it because of that. I dislike it because it's an obscure combination no one expected or asked for. The organization storyline is what turned me off, it didn't do jack shit for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol Look who's talking about being a drone, you use every chance you get to praise Valk. Profile.

And the last time I checked this is an FFXI board, so you obviously play FF too... don't give me that bullshit.

And just for the sake of argument, I played FF8 maybe 3 or 4 times now... seeing how it was my first RPG, I don't see what's wrong about that (since the game's been out for like 10 years now?)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The only things that bugged me about FF8 was the character level able to cap @ 100 (no ultimate sword for squall because torama's cast lvl5 death upon entering battle) and the character level = enemy HP. fighting mobs with a fuckton HP is a bit of a turn off.

Using this chart;

Calculating the HP of a monster,
    Let's take this example; the boss Abadon. His HP equation is the following:
    500x + 10
    "X" means your average party level. Let's assume your average party level is 15, then we get
    500*15 + 10
    And 500 times 15 is of course 7500. So we have
    7500 + 10
    =7510
    Wow, that was difficult now, wasn't it So this means if your average party level is 15, Abadon will have 7510 HP.
    http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ ... rs/u.shtml

Now lets say everyone is @100 by the time they get to Ultimecia. Ultimecia's HP is pretty frigging huge.

Form 1: 64000hp
    Form 2: 265500hp
    Form 3: 422400hp (top) 30200hp (bottom)

and just for kicks, Omega Weapon;

1361000hp