Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: "Minor" details you picked up replaying a RPG.

Who cares, Lionheart is like the most broken move in the history of gaming.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    lol Look who's talking about being a drone, you use every chance you get to praise Valk. Profile.

And the last time I checked this is an FFXI board, so you obviously play FF too... don't give me that bullshit.

And just for the sake of argument, I played FF8 maybe 3 or 4 times now... seeing how it was my first RPG, I don't see what's wrong about that (since the game's been out for like 10 years now?)
    Actually I fit more down the lines of the MegaTen series. I only played Valkyrie Profile once and mentioned it here right after I beat it. The game I do praise the most is probably Suikoden II. Get your shit checked.. also I clearly said SE drone, not FF drone. Don't go putting words in my mouth. I do like the FF series never said I didn't. Tactics, IV, VI, V, IX are the best it's ever going to get.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well at least you didn't say VII, i'll give you that much heh.

And I don't really support SE that much, FF is practically the only thing that interests me from them (Radiata Stories was okay but easily forgotten too..), and even then I thought it started sucking since FFX. (FFXI was fun until I quit it 2 years ago, getting a Ridill/adaberk will get you bored pretty quickly..)

Besides, who played FFXI at one point or another and actually likes SE? Fuckers had the worst customer service known to man (after Sears, that is..)

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    When does he get that? All I remember is in the early game he does almost no damage and gets killed in a few hits, then later (after I get a chance to level) Sora can kill everything by himself. Also, the only magic I ever needed to use was healing, because attack spells didn't do enough damage except against he floating caster thingies. Maybe I just didn't give them a chance though, and if I hadn't overlevelled after Monstro it would have been different.
    I'm not sure what level he gets it at, I'm sure it's around the 40's. In anycase, Goofy helps tremendously on fights like Phantom and Kurt Zisa (or Siza) or and especially Enigmatic Man. Just about any fight he can be used in really.

And I agree with Larsa about KH2's story, it didn't do much for me either. Not only was the story lame, but the pacing and gameflow was horrible. CS > CS > fight > CS fight > CS > CS fight. That really annoyed me. The Org. XIII storyline was interesting, but getting there is a pain. However, the final few fights (infact, a lot of fights) are the most fun I've had playing a game. Gameplay is what saved KH2 for me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And I don't really support SE that much, FF is practically the only thing that interests me from them (Radiata Stories was okay but easily forgotten too..), and even then I thought it started sucking since FFX. (FFXI was fun until I quit it 2 years ago, getting a Ridill/adaberk will get you bored pretty quickly..)

Besides, who played FFXI at one point or another and actually likes SE? Fuckers had the worst customer service known to man (after Sears, that is..)
    FF8 http://spoonyexperiment.com/games/FF8/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol

While it is funny, the guy is a giant douche lol.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah and it kinda reminded me of the annoying draw thing we had to do..ahh bad memories

Yeah and it kinda reminded me of the annoying draw thing we had to do..ahh bad memories
    Yeah, I always said the Draw system completely ruined the game for me, but I had totally forgotten how BAD it really was. The card game was always annoying, I never ever found it fun. I only did it so I could convert good cards into good items. My last memory of playing TT was playing Laguna for his card.

This guy had some good points, but he went around them completely wrong. I can bash and critisize FF8 in a much better fashion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Draw system is pretty damn annoying, but not as annoying as the Junction system was for me heh.
    I think FF9 nailed it right on the head with its weapons/gear system, but it started sucking again with the stupid boards in FFX/12.

I didn't mind either that much. Seemed like a good progression in X, and in XII to me, moreso in X than XII though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I actually like FF12 because it gave you unlimited possibilities of weapon choice/gear choice/magick. But FFX was kind of boring, especially since characters didn't have levels.

X-2 was pretty good actually, too bad the crappiest storyline in the series got the best gameplay.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/Rant

I fucking hate going threw Port Royal again but on proud mode this time on KH2. Was almost impossible on my 1st run-threw on normal. Fucking pirates..

/rant

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Try Critical mode..

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Try Critical mode..
    1hit ko? If FM comes to america(doubt it) I'm not even going to bother with critical lol
    I dont want to necro the FM+ thread but how do you play FM+ again?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well you would have to either have a modchip/swap magic/jp ps2 to play it here.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, just got past this part in ff8 so here's exactly what Kiros says: "you look very much like your mother." ... that's how people originally made the Laguna = Squall's father connectionin the first place, since his mother is Raine. Then, when you talk to Ward, Kiros whispers to you "ward says... good thing you don't look like your father"... Laguna also tells you he has a lot to talk to you about once it's all over, but he'll understand if you don't want to. Only way to get these lines is after the cutscene where the party takes off to Lunatic Pandora, gotta go back into the cabin and go down to the room they're standing in..

In the mission briefing Laguna also tells you how he sent Ellone back to Winhill after sealing Adel, but shortly afterwards Raine had a child and died and he missed his chance to say goodbye, and after that Elle was sent to Edea's orphanage.. maybe that's where the whole "sis" thing comes from, since Squall must've been sent there with her.

And it seems like the party gets right to Ultimecia's castle (Edea's house) in the future because Laguna tells them to think of a place they all share and they will all reach that place no matter what era they're in, and since they all grew up there + squall/rinoa promised in the garden next to the castle, they all reach the same place after time compression.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well here's the part I mainly hate about port royal
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5PVyfnsa3w

If there's one thing Square does well it's making really awesome trailers that overhype the shit of the game for fanboys, who'll buy anything square puts off.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh wow lol, http://spoonyexperiment.com/games/FF8/ was funny as hell.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If anyone remembers FF7...I thought Cloud killed Sephiroth by tossing him in the Mako Reactor yet you can clearly see his body frozen in the Northern Continent. Is that a clone or what? And how could Cloud be a clone of Sephiroth yet he remembers his childhood after Tifa and him fall into the lifestream? Did Hojo inject Jenova cells into him at birth or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus
    If anyone remembers FF7...I thought Cloud killed Sephiroth by tossing him in the Mako Reactor yet you can clearly see his body frozen in the Northern Continent. Is that a clone or what? And how could Cloud be a clone of Sephiroth yet he remembers his childhood after Tifa and him fall into the lifestream? Did Hojo inject Jenova cells into him at birth or something?
    I'll try to field this one, but no claims it is all proper.

1) I do believe Cloud physically killed Sephiroth at the Mako Reactor that day. However, that isn't to say his body couldn't have been crystallized and randomly flung about the Lifestream before finally settling down at the Northern Crater. Ultimately, his will somehow transcended the death (possibly in part due to Jenova) and the events of the game unfold.

2) Cloud's not a clone. He never did achieve SOLDIER class, but it seems to be accepted that Hojo did experiment on him. The extent of what was done I'm hazy on. Mako injections, or even Jenova cells, regardless of what it did, when paired with his fragile ego, things kinda went batshit now and then and could make things that actually didn't happen seem likely.