Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: "Minor" details you picked up replaying a RPG.

FF7 still confuses me to this day, I don't even try to understand it anymore... hopefully FF7 Crisis Core(PSP title) will shed some light on the whole Cloud-stealing-Zack's-identity thing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    FF7 still confuses me to this day, I don't even try to understand it anymore... hopefully FF7 Crisis Core(PSP title) will shed some light on the whole Cloud-stealing-Zack's-identity thing.
    What part confused you? I used to be confused about a few things when I was younger, but last time I played the game, I don't think anything about the main story confused me. Maybe you should just give the game another shot if you didn't recently.

FF7 still confuses me to this day, I don't even truly to understand it anymore... hopefully FF7 Crisis Core(PSP title) will shed some light on the whole Cloud-stealing-Zack's-identity thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Or...al_Fantasy_VII Pretty much clears it all up, there are a few changes in the movie but there noted there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zAQQ2kHsG4 Theres the movie on Youtube, not great quality but better than nothing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I haven't played it for like 6 years, but yeah maybe I should find a copy.. I was mostly confused about the Cloud/Zack storyline, and how he stole his identity or thought he was him or god knows what happened to him as a result of being injected with Jenova cells (was he actually injected?) >.> yeah.. all I remember is Sephiroth being one badass bad guy.

EDIT: and thanks for that link Bweigelt, i'll definitely read it tomorrow when i'm not as tired. But yeah, since what's written there is basically the story of FF7 Crisis Core, I should be okay with the stroy once that game comes out (which I think is pretty soon actually -- JP release anyways.)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I haven't played it for like 6 years, but yeah maybe I should find a copy.. I was mostly confused about the Cloud/Zack storyline, and how he stole his identity or thought he was him or god knows what happened to him as a result of being injected with Jenova cells (was he actually injected?) >.> yeah.. all I remember is Sephiroth being one badass bad guy.

EDIT: and thanks for that link Bweigelt, i'll definitely read it tomorrow when i'm not as tired. But yeah, since what's written there is basically the story of FF7 Crisis Core, I should be okay with the stroy once that game comes out (which I think is pretty soon actually -- JP release anyways.)
    Pretty sure you would get everything if you play the game again lol. As long you don't skip some side story, it's explained pretty clearly.

Basically, after he "killed" Sephiroth, both Zack and him were captured by Hojo who experimented on them (he did inject cell into cloud, which is why he looks like a Soldier). Cloud was weaker, and those experiment ended up messing his brain and memories badly. I guess it's partly because he was jealous of Zack and ashamed of himself he took over him.

Going off the topic of FFVII/FFVIII a bit but...one of the coolest minor details I picked up was on my 3rd or 4th play through of FFIII(e) when I found out that you could assign any ability to Gogo's action slots for combat. That was pretty fun.

I don't normally play through RPGs a second time anymore, I used to when I was a kid but I don't seem to have the motivation to play through anymore than just the story of games now. This topic does make me want to go back and play FFVIII again, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

gogogo Grand Train.

Anyway, that still doesn't explain how Sephiroth's body was fround in the Northern Crater.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

quick + ultima + economizer = I win button. What do you mean not everyone sat around fighting cactuars and sand eaters for hours to learn every spell on every character?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    quick + ultima + economizer = I win button. What do you mean not everyone sat around fighting cactuars and sand eaters for hours to learn every spell on every character?
    I was fighting Raptor solo on all my character with experience egg to allow them to cap str and m.atk (using the +3/lv one)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus
    gogogo Grand Train.

Anyway, that still doesn't explain how Sephiroth's body was fround in the Northern Crater.
    Lifestream flow all around the planet. His body got dragged to the northern cratter for the same reason Cloud was found on the southern island after he fell in the life stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus
    One could basically call Mako/Lifestream the blood of the planet, and the factories happened to built on veins of a proverbial circulatory system. The Northern Crater is most definitely an access point to said system, so it's not really far-fetched that his body could've floated there over time before getting crystallized.

In regards to Chrono Trigger:

Why did Lavos harvest DNA? Did it enhance Lavos or sustain it's life? Or something!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Lavos evolves by copying dna to perfect itself.

Ah sorry for the necro ish bump ><, but, @ Exodusp I think that link just kinda gives an explanation on the "ending" of Crisis Core which a lot know about, just a little more detailed and that actual Crisis Core will have a lot more in it than that

Hmm it's been so long...

How did Zack die again?

Any Aeris was Zack's girlfriend right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cloud and Zack escaped from the shinra laboratories where they experimented on them with Jenova cells, then Shinra soldiers found them while they were on their way to Midgar and killed Zack while leaving Cloud for dead... or something like that, I haven't played FF7 in ages.

And yes Aerith was Zack's gf.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Last Order in case you missed that optional scene in the game. Nothing new if you did, but at least the action is decent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5