Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Sonata     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Eternal Sonata

Website

"Late on the night of October 16, 1849, in an apartment at 12 Place Vendome in the heart of Paris, Frederic Francois Chopin, known as the Poet of the Piano, dreams his last dream while lying in his sickbed. It is a dream of a beautiful, magical world, like something from a fairy tale.

In that world, those with incurable illnesses are able to harness the power of magic. He encounters a young girl facing a terrible destiny and the boy who will fight to save her. Though he first thinks that this world is just a fantasy, an illusion created by his mind, Chopin realizes that there might be more to this place.

A world of vivid colors. A world that feels so real.
    Can this truly be just a dream?"

E3 2007 Trailer

Here are some screens.

Alegretto and Polka
    Alegretto and Polka2
    Chopin, March and Salsa
    Viola, Polka, Chopin and Beat
    Alegretto and Dragon

Some locations:
    Tenuto Village
    Hanon Hills
    Heaven's Mirror Forest
    Chorus Plains
    Cabasa Bridge
    Agogo Village

Examples of the battle system:

Boss Fight with March, Salsa and Beat

Boss Fight with Alegretto, Jazz and Viola

The music is composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of series, etc) and has world renowned pianist Stanislav Bunin performing Chopin's original compositions. I think it's going to be pretty good, anyone else looking forward to it? They recently released the demo on XBOX Live Marketplace and it had a nice feel to it. With Blue Dragon coming out around the same time I think Eternal Sonata can give it a run for it's money. The Blue Dragon demo was also released on XBOX Live Marketplace but I can honestly say I wasn't impressed. The battles seemed sluggish and I'm not really a fan of Toriyama's character designs anymore. I can't wait for September to roll around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Eternal Sonata

Why not Mozart of Vivaldi, I don't like Chopin that much.

Game look great tho

I'm quite looking forward to this. Battle system looks fun (reminds me of Grandia, but much more advanced) and the world is colourful and characters look interesting.

Also Motoi Sakuraba doing music is <3

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Wow, that looks fucking awesome. I might rent a 360 for that.
    Edit: Damn, I'd have to rent a 360, put an internet connection into it, and then pay for Xbox live to download it though wouldn't i ._.;

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It looks awesome but, wtf xbox -.-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wasn't impressed AT ALL with the demo... i'll rent it and give it a shot though, since I seem to like giving RPGs the benefit of doubt..

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Fight system looks broken as hell if those are supposed to be boss fights. I'll probably pick it up though.

I played the demo on a friend's Xbox 360 last night. The game looks great but I don't think it alone is enough to make me buy an Xbox 360. I tried the demo for Blue Dragon as well and wasn't impressed.

If the Xbox 360 gets a couple more RPGs I'll pick one up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not gonna bother paying 60 bucks for it... i'll go with a rental for this one.

Xavier

I was actually fairly impressed with the demo, way more so than the Blue Dragon one (although, admittedly, its getting slammed by reviewers anyway). Game looks really beautiful, and the battle system was kind of like Star Ocean 2, but more action oriented in a turn-based setting. Don't know a thing about the story, and the demo didn't really reveal anything, but just on presentation, it looked and played promising to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Just felt i'd post a little on this since nobody has since its release. I find the game fantastic, the visuals are great, battle system changes as you progress, and there are a large variety of characters with their own strategies and bonuses.

The story line is powerful - at least polka's. Polka's story is pretty sad. Gameplay wise it's a tad bit easy, yet challenging, and has its strange moments that come into play (Chopin history lessons, but as you progress you see the game is based loosely on his life)

Also, supposedly it has 40 hrs worth of gameplay + a new game + mode similar to chrono trigger etc.

All in all, I highly recommend this game. I find it fun, entertaining, different, and visually stunning.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Being released for PS3 next year I think, and supposedly has extra stuff that lolxbox doesn't have.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Being released for PS3 next year I think, and supposedly has extra stuff that lolxbox doesn't have.

There goes the thread.

Can't we keep this shit in the Console Wars thread?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian

There goes the thread.

Can't we keep this shit in the Console Wars thread?
    lolpup, loldrg, lolxbox, do people still take the "lol" prefix seriously?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lolwii.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Game looks too childish for me. Going to wait on reviews from people who complete the game that I know and or just wait for PS3 version personally. Have a large backlog of games now... and honestly i don't think that game will be hard to find hehe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I might pick it up after i'm done with blue dragon... just got to cd2 actually, it's starting to be semi-interesting.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

I actually picked up 4 new games today (buy 2 get 1 free at toys r us) and one was eternal sonata. The demo was simply breathtaking, amazing graphics and awesome battle system to speed up normally slower genre, also I think a big part of the game is incorporating the music with the game play so that should be a lot of fun. Gonna get started on this when I finish Heavenly Sword and Luminous Arc sometime this weekend.

New Merits
    BG Level

So far, I am really enjoying it aside from the history lessons and the slow story start (what RPG isn't?).

I do have a question though... does anyone understand how party level 3 works? Holding down the special button just seems like it's wasting time unless I want to use something like heal arrow. =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I'm not quite sure if it increases the strength of your special attack, but it does let you set two different attacks for light, and two different for dark. For example, on polka I have glow as ability 1, and if I hold the button down, it does earth heal (So i can single target heal, or ally heal). You can hold the special button down while attacking, and when your timer runs to 0, it'll automatically use the ability too.

(Another example is on Viola, I have her dark arrow attack set to use immediately, and bone crusher as special two). I think it just gives you more options to specials.

edit: I dont understand why you think it's wasting time, unless you stand around idle waiting for it to happen. There's absolutely no need to wait unless you're too far from everything else to take any other actions that turn (in which case you could still run while holding it down)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast