Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Unicorn Cap - Smithing / Leather Sub levels.

Hey, crappy topic but couldn't find it listed anywhere or discussed previously

I am sure that both subs lie around the 50-60 mark but would like to clarify how far I need to take smithing to limit chances of breakage. Any help welcome

Re: Unicorn Cap - Smithing / Leather Sub levels.

I'm wondering the same thing, I've looked around and haven't found any exact numbers either. The first and only time I ever attempted this synth I failed it twice in a row, losing the behe leather the second time. I have 60 leather and smithing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am sure that both subs lie around the 50-60 mark but would like to clarify how far I need to take smithing to limit chances of breakage. Any help welcome
    60. As soon as all level of a synth are met, the chance to break will always be 5% by default (i think its 5%). Depending on if subs are 11 levels above cap, 31, or 51, determines if the HQ rate goes up. If the smithing cap on this is say... 55. 55-60 smithing wouldnt help you at all. As long as you have 55, your good. But not knowing the cap... just take it to 60.

%5 break chance per craft so in this case main + 2 sub = 15% break chance.

If you were at 55 Smithing I would pay that 100g to get Advanced Support to be safe. 5 off is too far for me personally.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

on a side note, don't powerlevel smithing ....

I only did 4 subs for bone (Leather, Alchemy, Woodworking, Smithing) and smithing was by the far the shittiest trying to powerlevel... owned myself on the darksteel levels...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Biggest cost for me was the waste of steel, did sheets then scales then used the scales to make scale finger gauntlets, justified it because i was re-using but at the end of the day it cost me a lot more than it should of. 51 now so its looking fun for darksteel and impatience.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ugh, smithing. I had a fine time of it on Thistle (years ago), but when I had to level it a bit on my goldsmithing mule, fire crystals were 4-5K/stack. (No clue why, but Midgar keeps running out of fire crystals. There have been weekends where the starter cities have 0 stacks up and Jeuno has single digit stacks...) I got her up to smithing 40-something on as many non-fire synths as I could. THAT was a horrible, money-losing challenge to do.