Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The Madden 2008 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR THIS THREAD OR GAME, HIT THE BACK BUTTON NOW
    It's been out for a little while, and its nice and glitchy.

I have it for 360, but barely see anyone on, it seems most of the Gamertags list people are specific to certain games (only gears or only forza2). I know there are a ton of Madden players on this forum, and just posting it in the 360 tag list or the console wars isn't going to reach enough people.

Who plays Madden 08?

Console?

Gamertag/ID/Handle?

Thoughts/Glitches?

I used to be a HUGE madden online player with 2006, and friends used to have tournements for moneys. This game seems very different to me though... The passing game online is alot different, I miss my slot flags. It's hard to throw it now without having an interception. Every Online game I play seems to have 2-5 fumbles and 5~ interceptions PER TEAM. I was up 30-7 last night, and in 1 quarter because of fumbles and such (even with 0 fatigue) the guy was able to turn the game to 30-28. I still won, but it's amazing how random it is now. Skill is starting to stand out more now, which I really like. You cant just do the same 2 pass and 2 run plays over and over and win, and you cant use the same defense every play - you'll get owned. Knowing your playbooks actually gives advantage, but even with those few perks, the glitches will kill you.

My least favorite Glitch, which is owning my win/loss and DNF% has to be the disconnect one. EA STILL can't figure out how to deal with disconnects. I was up 28-21 with 3 minutes left in the 4th, the guy did either a shutoff or a fake d/c and I was not given a choice of "Mercy" "Finish against CPU" or "End Game", no, I was only given "Your oppenent has lost his connection, press A to end game" ohhh and thats not the worst of it, on top of just having to end the game, I got a DNF and a LOSS even though I was on top... worst glitch ever. EA needs to figure out how to deal with this, it shouldnt be so hard. If you disconnect, you lose, plain and simple, the other person should just have to play cpu for the win.

Anyway, I guess one of the main points of giving Madden08 it's own thread was really to get a league or something going. Because of my aformentioned glitch, it's really annoying to play anyone online, because of the possibility of them quitting when you are winning and you still getting a loss. The league wouldn't be a league with divisions/championships, only a gathering of other Madden08 players so we have people to play with who we know wont d/c on us and screw us over.

So post your console, handle/gamertag, and lets get some friendly ranked matches going that are garunteed to end fairly, with a real win or a loss. Just like the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl thread has become, this can be a really good way to play the game with friends, and find people who want to have a quick match. I'll re-edit the post with everyones info if there is alot of us.

Nintendo Wii
    Oxyminus: NoahBagelNYR
    Vade: Vade832

Playstation 2
    Daahan: Daahan

Sony PS3
    Jmcgarrell: Jmcgarrell

Xbox 360
    Boyiee: Doctor Blight
    Deejay: Jamrawk
    Headspace: Siblicide
    Mizango: Miz
    Po: Ecarlson05
    Semitry: Semitry (Not competitive yet)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: The Madden 2008 Thread

Add Po to your list, he's always on getting his ass whooped in ranked matches.

I have it for the 360 but haven't had to really play it yet.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Po is on PS3 though right? At least thats his tag in his sig. Whats your tag also, might as well add it. It's good practice playing against people who know the in's and outs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

He's on the 360, Ecarlson06 or something! Check the gamertag list. Semitry's my tag name but it'll be a while before I'm competitive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have the Wii version
    my ID is Vade832

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

PS3 version here: Jmcgarrell is my PSN ID.

lol I guess Semitry is my spokesperson now :D

Yea I play on the 360.

My only gripe is the fumble issue. You really need to hold the cover ball button anymore to not fumble like 2 or 3 times a game which is a little obscene.

The other thing is superstar wide receivers are a little broken this year (Moss, Harrison are the ones that stood out the most to me). You throw anything their direction they come down with it.

With that said, if you still need the 84 point achievement, use the Pats.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Po

Yea I play on the 360.

My only gripe is the fumble issue. You really need to hold the cover ball button anymore to not fumble like 2 or 3 times a game which is a little obscene.

The other thing is superstar wide receivers are a little broken this year (Moss, Harrison are the ones that stood out the most to me). You throw anything their direction they come down with it.

With that said, if you still need the 84 point achievement, use the Pats.
    I typically use the Pats and Chargers (not with their playbooks though) And i've found one play action play that you can just bomb to moss and walk away from the game and he'll catch it for 40-60yards. Im noticing running is more important now though. I used to do maybe 70-80% passing to 20-30% running, because I had a huge arsenol of passing plays that got me downs. Now it seems im about 60%running, even when im not using LT, it's just so much harder to come down with a pass or even get a first down out of it (hello curls being high risk for picks now)

True that. I never really ran curls any way, those were always too risky for me even in past years. Especially on a blitz since if you don't have time and throw it to that guy before he curls, thats a pick-6 all day long.

The two teams I have been using online are the Lions and Broncos. Lions are actually kind of decent. Their only downfall is their secondary which is not very good.

I used the chargers like crazy last year and of course they are fun, but I like to try out teams that are not 95+. We should play and/or have a tournament of all 80 and less rated teams.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Wii : NoahBagelNYR

I'll be home tonight at like 9:30EST, deffinetly up for a game, haven't played anyone yet, and still learning the ropes (just got my Wii back on tuesday) so I expect a lashing, but hell its madden!

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Madden 08. Xbox 360

Mizango > Miz.

Yes I know, shocking.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I had on PS3, but it shipped out yesterday. Got 52 back for it on ebay >_>

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    I had on PS3, but it shipped out yesterday. Got 52 back for it on ebay >_>
    I was debating the same thing after experiencing that glitch that gave me a loss even though I had won. Thats why I wanted this thread, so I can play non-random-bitches that are gonna pull that shit. Plus it's mroe fun playing people you know.

I think having a group of people from BG to play against is enough to keep the game for me. So i will ;3

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I decided to keep 2007 and just bench Vick and Pacman !:O

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Xbox 360
    Gamertag: Siblicide
    I have a month of live right now, when it expires I'll get a full subscription. (I can still play though)

Send me a PM or a message through AIM if you want to play as I have to disconnect my laptop and plug in my 360.

(I suck bad )

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Xbox 360: Jamrawk

I'm alright, I still lose every now and then against the computer on All Madden.

We still need to play Deejay :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You're welcome! I expect my check in the mail soon.

E. Body
    BG Level

Just got a 360 today, going to get 08 probably next week. Get ready bitches, I'm gonna come out firin'.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

We still need to play Deejay :D
    Forrrr Sho. I had to move into my dorm today so all my spare times been going to BioShock, but i'll be on a good amount this weekend.