Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salvage gear rating     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage gear rating

2 questions, I'd like to know if Moririgan's head serves any purpose for blu, because for blm and rdm there are better alternatives. It seems like each piece of the set serves a specific job well, except head, I'm wondering if it's actually good for blu (read: i don't play blu).

Also, I'm wondering if smn and whms should bother with maruk set at all. Seems like there's a better alternative for every single piece for the two jobs. The set seems tailored to fit bards.

New Merits
    BG Level

Re: Salvage gear rating

I'm not a BLU, but I hear them complain about resists on magic attacks since there's so little +Blue skill gear available. Hence, magic accuracy is valuable for their elemental and enfeebling type spells but Morrigan doesn't seem much different than Nashira or Homam in that regard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat
    2 questions, I'd like to know if Moririgan's head serves any purpose for blu, because for blm and rdm there are better alternatives. It seems like each piece of the set serves a specific job well, except head, I'm wondering if it's actually good for blu (read: i don't play blu).

Also, I'm wondering if smn and whms should bother with maruk set at all. Seems like there's a better alternative for every single piece for the two jobs. The set seems tailored to fit bards.
    It's half of an O.hat and have STR+4 making it probably the best for the big three.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Marduk's hat isn't bad for SMN. Marduk's set as a whole isn't that impressive though.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Didn't notice anything amazing about the Head for BLU, maybe I ever looked at it hard enough idk. Really, it's there to finish off the set with ok stats and hopefully add a nice set magic attack bonus.

Tonko

Head is amazing for BLU.

It single handedly replaced Yigit turban, Nashira Turban, and Voyager Sallet for me when i got it. <3 my inventory space.

It's potency + accuracy all rolled into one. Hands down best damage piece for BLU head slot in the game.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

As a WHM, Marduk feet are pretty nice for enfeebling, but that's about it. The whole set is kinda pathetic, only BRD would get some real use out of it (head, body, legs), and there's other stuff out there that will do just about as well that's easier to get.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Marduk feet are a pretty nice situational piece for WHM, and they're certainly not very expensive. Great for enfeebling (which many WHMs will need/want to do at least sometimes), and lots of MND for trying to boost Cure V (assuming you're not using Cure Clogs).

Marduk hands look good for...WHM/BST. Which I actually use reasonably often. That's a heck of a niche, though. Especially since it's going to cost around 400k.

The issue with Marduk is that it's so close to other gear. The head is very similar to BRD AF2, although I think Marduk wins by a bit. The body is similar to swapping a Dalmatica, AF+1, and -songcast piece (Yigit or Sha'ir) around; Marduk wins on CHR and inventory+2, but loses on -enmity, and is possibly not as fast as Sha'ir. The legs, again, are similar to AF+1, and I think that choice depends on how much CHR you have elsewhere. As a Mithra with an Astute Cape and ultra-shitty luck on AF2 head, those legs look pretty good.

The other issue, of course, is that Marduk head and body are being held hostage by The Mystery of Zhayolm Remnants >.>

Quite frankly, I don't see any way for Maruk body to beat Sha'ir. I would say at most it will give 5% fast cast, which would make it equal to Yigit body. However, no matter how much fast cast it gives, I honestly doubt it will be worth 9M.

Tonko

The whole set might.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

marduk head: smn wards and rages (2nd highest smn skill is 5 on the af1 horn [+1] and elite beret +1)
    marduk legs: smn wards (2nd highest smn skill is 4 on penance slops)
    marduk feet: same smn skill as nashira

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat
    Quite frankly, I don't see any way for Maruk body to beat Sha'ir. I would say at most it will give 5% fast cast, which would make it equal to Yigit body. However, no matter how much fast cast it gives, I honestly doubt it will be worth 9M.

Full Marduk set's "fast cast" coupled with Marduk Jubbah "fast cast" may or may not be comparable to Yigit or Sha'ir body in terms of casting speed, but you forgot that those pieces are "fast cast" and not "song speed". So they'll be useful for Lullaby, Finale, Elegy recast, and yes those recast times make a difference when the shit hits the fan.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Now, clearly nobody know what the fast cast will be on full Marduk. Hell, we don't even know what it will be on the body.
    Let's assume that it's 5% on each (body and set bonus).

So you have 10% fast cast (which let's not forget not only affects casting time but recast timers as well). You can also equip loquacious earring for an additional 1% fast cast.

So let's compare side by side:
    Sha'ir Manteel: 7CHR, -12% song casting time, 2% haste
    Maduk's Jubbah (with presumptative 10% from full set): 12CHR, 10% fast cast, Refresh

I don't really see why people think that manteel is so much better. Marduk has more MP, more CHR and Refresh. If the set bonus is 10% fast cast or more, I'd personally prefer the full set to anything I currently have. Note, I'm not saying it's full time gear because clearly there are times when you need to wear other things but for most song casting and resting gear.. it's pretty great.

As for the rest (I'll comment for BRD and WHM use but not SMN because I don't have it leveled):
    Head
    BRD:comparable to AF2 head, a bit more singing skill but a bit less CHR. Has MP instead of HP which is nice
    WHM: useless

Hands
    BRD: Stoneskin macro. Good for a - enmity build.
    WHM: useless

Legs
    BRD: Awesome, highest CHR and good wind skill at the same time, I'd argue they're better for landing debuffs than either AF2 or AF1+1
    WHM: Useless

Feet
    BRD: Macro in for Lullaby for the 5 string skill. Stoneskin macro if you don't have Sune-Ate
    WHM: Awesome, Macro in for enfeebles and Cure V (even if you use Cure Clogs you can macro in the clogs at the beginning of the macro for the casting time and these at the end for the effect of the MND). Also have good - enmity.

So, in a nutshell I think that BRDs definately get the most out of Marduk full set out of the 3 jobs that can use it, however I've always thought that feet were tailor made for WHM.

DAKPluto

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    marduk head: smn wards and rages (2nd highest smn skill is 5 on the af1 horn [+1] and elite beret +1)

This would be correct.

Head, legs, and feet are all great pieces for SMN.

I'm currently working on legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    going into detail, marduk crown is not only the biggest +skill boost, it also gives +singing(good for /brd) and can potentially beat zenith+1 for +mp(without the hp loss) when you have a base of 1300 mp with other direct amount +mp gear(personal tests on +% gear elsewhere) personally its the best helm for smn, with penance a close/situational second(-bp timer)

legs are current biggest +skill, and nice +mp. feet are tied with nashira, but unlike nashira, they have a nice MP boost. also i'm not sure if the +wind and +string will effect /brd(you need an instrument equipped to benefit from that skill, right?)

personally i'd rate usefulness of the whole set from highest to lowest in this order: head, legs, feet, body, hands

head is a extremely nice piece, legs are a decent upgrade over penance but situational compared to relic, feet are a marginal and mediocre improvement over nashira, and body only has usefulness as a expensive sub par yyr refresh piece, hands are just worthless.