BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: PSP vs. DS for rpg's & srpg's maybe fighting games too

Well PSP is getting Crisis Core: FF7, so I think it'll be worth it eventually with the other games they have coming out for it (I was actually quite impressed with the roster of games coming out for it...) I'm still going to keep both.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for psp is a fun action rpg in the vein of pso. Really fun if you have other people to play with. Jeanne D'Arc just came out last week and is supposed to be a really good SRPG, haven't had the chance to pick it up yet. Dracula X Chronicles/Castlevania SotN is due out in october.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

new ffVII for psp too
    disgaea
    star ocean

Jeanne D'Arc is reason enough why PSP > DS... although, I must admit that I own both. >.>;
    But PSP is the one I usually carry with me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

24 posts and no one's pointed out that the original DS list is missing Contact? Disappointing. It's not much of an RPG, I guess. But it's solid.

Also Etrian Odyssey if you're a masochist and/or a fan of the old D&D games. Which, let's face it, makes you MORE of a masochist.

I have both a DS and a PSP, and while i have fun with both of them i think the PSP is getting more play lately due to Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Jeanne D'Arc and Tomb Raider Anniversary. I also have FFT and Vagrant Story on my MemStick and will play those periodically as well, but with the remake coming soon I may as well just hold off since i will be doing it all over again.

If figuring out Custom Firmwares isn't your bag, or if you are opposed to it in general there are still solid games on the PSP. The two mentioned above, as well as Brave Story (simplistic, but very fluid i found) which is worth buying. Sadly, the SRPG list isn't too extensive on either console. Ok, well the list may have a few titles on it, but really until Luminous Arc (DS) and Jeanne D'Arc the previous SRPGs weren't worth the time, imo.

The latest Harvest Moon for the DS even has SOME Roleplaying elements, and has added a kind of Dungeon Crawly portion. I am actually playing that off and on and it is holding my interest.

Over all, I am happy owning both systems as they each have some significant offerings. Jam Sessions is coming soon (... wtf at the video of Taking Back Sunday playing it...) and that can be a lot of fun if you have any musical/guitar skills. I played around with the Japanese Version for quite a while before getting sucked into other things. (Yes, i realize it is not an RPG in any way, but damn it is kinda fun!)

One good thing about any games that lack a Quick Save function (most have, but some that REALLY should do not) is that both consoles have Sleep functions. So even if you can't save mid-point you can put them into Sleep mode and pick up right from that point as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Oh, you might also want to wait for the PSP Slim to come out. There's a pretty good chance that Pandora's Battery might work for downgrading it/upgrading to a custom firmware, and if that's true, well, waiting will have been worth it <.<
    Slightly... just slightly off topic.

A number of forum members have confirmed that Pandora's battery does not work on the PSP Slim and today we have video proof that this is indeed the case. Again it confirms that the power light is only showing when Pandora's Battery is tested...

Video Link